testtest

Can't get the new sa-35

jmarcus

Alpha
I'm noticing a disturbing trend. I want a new sa-35 and was ready to buy one the day they came out. I bought 2 other guns at my dealer but they they only got (2) sa-35's at the start and none since. It appears many online dealers are buying them up in bulk at their discounted price and selling, (price gouging), online or through gun broker.com. this needs to stop. It's not fair to pay $799 to $1200 for something brand new with an msrp of $699. Plus there will be shipping, and ffl transfer fees and the hassle of the whole thing. Can't springfield stop this price gouging from dealers and ffl's from occurring? I'll likely never own one because of this. I'm tired of buying cheap knockoffs like I did last year with the Rock Island.

I don't think normal supply and demand is at work here. Dealers and FFL's are causing this false supply shortage. It reminds me of the toilet paper shortage of the pandemic. I paid $12.99 for 4 rolls on the black market, so to speak, with a limit of 2 packs.

I see the same ffl, online listing 4 to 5 sa-35's, then a week later, the same ffl will list 4 to 5 more to drive the price up.

Rock Island Armory 1911's aren't cheap knock-offs. RIA have been building 1911's for decades, but you're entitled to your opinion.

The market is the market. Complaining won't make it better.

No one knows how many SA-35s SA released in this first run. GB prices are settling down, so patience is a virtue.

I'd wait until the Gen 2 SA-35s come out.

Last edited:
Not an economc expert by any means but I think this is not likely to change any time soon. With inflation the way it is, a general shortage of goods, and I think the effects of all the artificial money we pumped into the system. We will be feeling the effects for a long time I think.

I'm noticing a disturbing trend. I want a new sa-35 and was ready to buy one the day they came out. I bought 2 other guns at my dealer but they they only got (2) sa-35's at the start and none since. It appears many online dealers are buying them up in bulk at their discounted price and selling, (price gouging), online or through gun broker.com. this needs to stop. It's not fair to pay $799 to $1200 for something brand new with an msrp of $699. Plus there will be shipping, and ffl transfer fees and the hassle of the whole thing. Can't springfield stop this price gouging from dealers and ffl's from occurring? I'll likely never own one because of this. I'm tired of buying cheap knockoffs like I did last year with the Rock Island.

I don't think normal supply and demand is at work here. Dealers and FFL's are causing this false supply shortage. It reminds me of the toilet paper shortage of the pandemic. I paid $12.99 for 4 rolls on the black market, so to speak, with a limit of 2 packs.

I see the same ffl, online listing 4 to 5 sa-35's, then a week later, the same ffl will list 4 to 5 more to drive the price up.
S/A ships out the guns (any model) to it's distributors, who put in the orders. from there, the orders are filled for the stores. the MSRP (manufacturers suggested retail price) is just a point that the dealers can use to gauge thier cost in buying to the cost of selling, much like car dealers.

S/A is not responsible for the higher pricing, no more than you are responsible for paying those prices.

if some gun dealers made up a big order of any gun, that's business. it would have been up to YOU to put your name on the LGS list to get one. and if you were number 3,445,897,284th, on that list..??

then you just have to wait, or pay the higher pricing, cuz you could not wait to have the latest greatest thing since sliced bread.

in the end, you have no actual proof that any online dealer(s) are buying up these guns in bulk.

That's capitalism...

I have purchased two guns from guns.com never purchased a gun from gunbroker . com seems like gunbroker to much things to look out for my opinion. Guns.com is usually free shipping but watch yourself they price gouge like all of them wait and usually the price comes down but then sometimes it’s gone

I have purchased two guns from guns.com never purchased a gun from gunbroker . com seems like gunbroker to much things to look out for my opinion. Guns.com is usually free shipping but watch yourself they price gouge like all of them wait and usually the price comes down but then sometimes it’s gone
When ordering from a LGS that offers stuff on Gunbroker I've never had any issues. It's pretty straight forward.

The only time it was more complicated was from buying from a private individual who didn't quite understand the process, so I had to help him along in the process so he could get it to my FFL.

Last edited:
If I was interested in one I would jump on a waiting list like this one:

This dealer is reputable and has decent lead times. My experience with them has been great, excellent communication, and delivery was one month ahead of schedule.
* this dealer does not have a store front, all sales are completed (bkgd check) at a LGS

Not an economc expert by any means but I think this is not likely to change any time soon. With inflation the way it is, a general shortage of goods, and I think the effects of all the artificial money we pumped into the system. We will be feeling the effects for a long time I think.

Me either. Usually just stock up in good times for 6 months or more and hold off or cut back in poor times. One thing generally reflects on the other pricewise. But, not everyone can do that. Especially with everything involved. Usually try not to be in a hurry for most things as a rule of thumb. HG's like SA-35 fall into that group or most anything newly released.

Ordered one from Sportsman’s Outdoor Superstore on 22 December. Paid full retail plus state sales tax and will have to pay my dealer $20 for transfer.

Don’t know when it is supposed to arrive but I figured that I was at least locking it in at that price. Who knows when the next batch will hit the streets and I would imagine that they will fly off the shelves. I don’t like paying retail but the SA-35 is reasonably priced so I figured, why not.

This will be my first Springfield Arms firearm. Used to be a SIG guy…got waaay too pricey for me. I’m a big CZ fan at the moment. Triggers aren’t as nice as a SIG but they are a well built, solid firearm.

First post here, I looked but didn’t find an “introduce yourself“ type thread. Well actually I did find one but it didn’t have a “new thread” button. Maybe it was at the bottom of the page, I didn’t look there. If it is, that is not typical of other forums that I am on.

Oh well, hello anyway from PA.

Ordered one from Sportsman’s Outdoor Superstore on 22 December. Paid full retail plus state sales tax and will have to pay my dealer $20 for transfer.

Don’t know when it is supposed to arrive but I figured that I was at least locking it in at that price. Who knows when the next batch will hit the streets and I would imagine that they will fly off the shelves. I don’t like paying retail but the SA-35 is reasonably priced so I figured, why not.

This will be my first Springfield Arms firearm. Used to be a SIG guy…got waaay too pricey for me. I’m a big CZ fan at the moment. Triggers aren’t as nice as a SIG but they are a well built, solid firearm.

First post here, I looked but didn’t find an “introduce yourself“ type thread. Well actually I did find one but it didn’t have a “new thread” button. Maybe it was at the bottom of the page, I didn’t look there. If it is, that is not typical of other forums that I am on.

Welcome, you can do an into thread in the general section.

Welcome @Old-Duckman, I'm from Pennsylvania as well.

And another welcome from western PA @Old-Duckman. We'll talk back at you in any thread lol! Enjoy!

Back