testtest

Cant hit the broad side of a barn

I have a fairly nice scope on a 270 i know is accurate so i will try and grab a mount for it and see if i can eliminate the scope aspect.
Instead of taking a good scope that working for you on the 270, I'd try a better scope if you have the budget for one.

Vortex makes decent affordable scopes & mounts.

Instead of taking a good scope that working for you on the 270, I'd try a better scope if you have the budget for one.

Vortex makes decent affordable scopes & mounts.
Yea i was looking at that also i may try throwin the scope on my 5.56 to see what happens i know the recoil will be less so it might operate properly. However i really like the scope so im hoping it isnt that haha

Before changing anything, have another shooter-preferably someone who is a better rifle shooter than you-try it. Eliminate the possibility of it being the trigger nut.

If it's still all over the place, buy a set of Magpul MBUS and try it at 50 yards, or even 25. If your groups shrink, then you know it's your optics. If they don’t…it's the rifle.

It's a lot cheaper than buying a new scope.

Before changing anything, have another shooter-preferably someone who is a better rifle shooter than you-try it. Eliminate the possibility of it being the trigger nut.

If it's still all over the place, buy a set of Magpul MBUS and try it at 50 yards, or even 25. If your groups shrink, then you know it's your optics. If they don’t…it's the rifle.

I will do that also ill get my dad to shoot it and it came with the Springfield flip up sites and i also have a set of mbus as well. I will keep you all updated with my discoveries in the next couple of days I appreciate all the input.

With out naming the brand I had a rifle several years ago that would not hit the broad side of a barn. Factory sights and two different scopes didn't matter. Ended up selling it to a gent even after I disclosed the problem.

Mine is pretty finicky with ammunition. It shoots great with 147gr and 165gr bullets but it patterns like a shotgun (6 inches at 100 yards easy) with 150 grain bullets.

Hans for the win!

Alright guys after putting the scope on my ar15 i came out with 1 inch group at 100 yards. I put a red dot tube style optic on the ar 10 and at about 50 yards the group was 6 inches or so. Removed the red dot and put mbus irons on. Removed them and instaled the standard springfield flip ups that came with the gun. Both of the irons had the same grouping as the red dot. My dad, my brother and I all shot the gun from bench rest with sandbags for the same results. We shot with some fiocci psp 165 grain and also winchester super x 180 grain power points. I am fairly certain i can say it is the gun not the optic. With that being said would you all agree that it is most likely the barrel?

Alright guys after putting the scope on my ar15 i came out with 1 inch group at 100 yards. I put a red dot tube style optic on the ar 10 and at about 50 yards the group was 6 inches or so. Removed the red dot and put mbus irons on. Removed them and instaled the standard springfield flip ups that came with the gun. Both of the irons had the same grouping as the red dot. My dad, my brother and I all shot the gun from bench rest with sandbags for the same results. We shot with some fiocci psp 165 grain and also winchester super x 180 grain power points. I am fairly certain i can say it is the gun not the optic. With that being said would you all agree that it is most likely the barrel?
That would typically be the issue.

Check the crown for any visible defects.

And you’ll likely want to get it returned to Springfield.

Back