testtest

Carry leather.

Hatfield

Operator
Founding Member
F485A350-DB40-439A-8E42-1B2FF6A2740A.jpeg
You can’t have just one, and it’s a never ending topic. Custom? Competition? EDC? Mag holders? Leather, polymer, canvas. IWB, SOB, shoulder, belt, ankle, snap down, triple retention, reversible, flap, duty, deep cover and let’s not forget carry belts. What do you have? why do you like it? Our opinions can save others a lot of shopping time, a lot of wasted money and the Aaarg! This doesn’t work!!!

I literally have a large box of holsters for all different guns (some I no longer have 🤔). Every person is different and every firearm is as well. Just because a owb holster works great with one gun doesn’t mean it’ll feel right or work for another. I personally love paddle holsters but some of my guns only work with a cross draw owb appendix carry holster.

Like many things in life it comes down to personal preference. I have bought holsters that just didn't feel right, so off to find a new one.

How many of us fall to wanting a new shiny? Sometimes I just buy something thinking it may just work or feel a little better.

I think holsters for us guys are like purses for the gals. Can't have too many. May never use it but need to
have it just incase. One thing I am thankful for is I don't have to color coordinate for concealed carry! :unsure:

I wish holsters cost a minimum of $100. Yes, no matter the size. That way if the holster doesn't fit it would
go back to the seller. Not be laying in the bottom of the vault, on a shelf or in my underwear drawer.

Now here's the insanity of it all. Why are we keeping all those holsters? Yeah, cause we might buy something
that fits them. I can see that fiasco. Wife, "Honey why did you spend $1200 on that pistol?" Me/Us, "Well
dear, I had this empty holster laying around getting deformed and it needed something to keep it's shape!"

I look at it this way. Only going to be here once, ain't never coming back. Have to get all the guns this trip!

I swear (they are rabbit like), put a couple in a box and a few months later it's full. I had several that a friend would swear by that I swore at after a short time wearing. So after selling or giving my undesirables to individuals that had to have a particular holster of mine I now stick with 3 brands but found (they are rabbit like) also.

Not much leather for me - kydex for the EDC. For dad's old .38 Colt, I have some current nylon rigs (hip and shoulder), as well as dad's Korea-era (original!) USN-embossed shoulder rig, complete with bullet loops and a nice green coating on the hardware from being at sea so long back in the '50s. It's "non-original" though - dad was with Intel, and according to him he was assigned to a squad of SAS at one point, who were blowing bridges and dad went along as USN 'eyes' to verify objectives and results. One of them took his holster one night, and dyed it black because "that brown leather is going to get one of us killed because it doesn't blend in". Not sure if there's embellishment in there anywhere, but...I trust dad, he wasn't one to make stuff up.

I won't clean it or restore it.

Not much leather for me - kydex for the EDC. For dad's old .38 Colt, I have some current nylon rigs (hip and shoulder), as well as dad's Korea-era (original!) USN-embossed shoulder rig, complete with bullet loops and a nice green coating on the hardware from being at sea so long back in the '50s. It's "non-original" though - dad was with Intel, and according to him he was assigned to a squad of SAS at one point, who were blowing bridges and dad went along as USN 'eyes' to verify objectives and results. One of them took his holster one night, and dyed it black because "that brown leather is going to get one of us killed because it doesn't blend in". Not sure if there's embellishment in there anywhere, but...I trust dad, he wasn't one to make stuff up.

I won't clean it or restore it.
"I won't clean it or restore it."

I wouldn't either. 👍

I have two totes of holsters I have acquired over the years. Everything from complete Sam Brown set ups, cowboy rigs to pocket holsters and everything in between. Hate to think how many dollars they represent.

Back