testtest

Carry vs No Guns sign.

I have my CCDW (Ky) license, and I'm retired military, however, when I go to the local (45 mile one-way trip) military facility to shop, a CC license is not recognized, and firearms are not allowed. Can't even bring one onto the facility.
Isn't that an example of sheer idiocy? Why would you be totally acceptable to society as an armed citizen when outside the base, but somehow a total loon on the base? That's what the law implies !!!!

US military bases have way more than their fair share of whacko "visitors" wanting desperately to make some noise, even if deadly.
From that perspective, it doesn't seem so idiotic.

Isn't that an example of sheer idiocy? Why would you be totally acceptable to society as an armed citizen when outside the base, but somehow a total loon on the base? That's what the law implies !!!!
It could be considered slightly crazy or insane?
That may be one of the most difficult things for someone visiting or relocating to this country to comprehend is the sometimes lackadaisical, off kilter rules, regulations and laws. The main law of the country states one thing, but the reality is sometimes another or yet another from place to place? Double, misrepresented and misunderstood standards may come to mind? A 17-20 year old can have and use firearms legally in the military, but not in civilian life or world? English language can be tough, is one of the toughest to learn, but the laws can be worse to comprehend. In a land mostly governed by attorneys, go figure?

On the base exchange stores? Sometimes they're not military and are subbed out to private business. Many are or were.
Arms on base? Usually stored and locked up, but generally within reach.

Back