testtest

CCW protection recommendations

jumpinjoe

Hellcat
With the way things have been going over the past while and even up until Jan 20, 2021, I've been seriously considering purchasing some CCW insurance for myself and the wife. Not that I would ever plan or hope to have a need for it, but you know the old saying... 'just in case'.

I'd really appreciate any/all serious recommendations from those who are currently carrying CCW insurance, or have carried it in the recent past. I'd rather have opinions from those who have it, have used it, and have never needed to use it, rather than those who have never carried nor considered it. And if you've carried in the recent past but no longer carry it, the reason you thought to drop it.

Thanks in advance for any/all consideration and information.

For myself and my wife, we use US & Texas Law Shield. Now that may not be the best option for you and your wife. There are other companies out there that may be better suited to you, depending on where you live. I just happen to get a good discount on who I use. And it's not really insurance, it's more like legal representation, if you ever have to go to court for an incident. Some offer insurance for firearms, and some offer bail, in case you are arrested. You need to do your own research depending where you live. But for me, it is a little piece of mind, considering how sue happy the world is.

I bought insurance approx 2 years ago (after carrying for several years without insurance). What helped me change my mind was looking at the typical costs associated with a legit cc shooting. Without the insurance, my whole entire savings account would be immediately wiped out between bail and hiring the lawyer...

To jumpinjoe:
I don’t have any of this right now, but like you I’m considering it... I don’t know much about these services yet but Just for the sake of it: when u evaluate which company or whether to take this ‘insurance’ consider a few things...
1) forget patriotism- “2A”, “defending your rights”, protecting you, and all that jazz. They are in business. Period. They ‘found a need and filled it’ as the old saying goes. Their profit is just like any other’s’: income minus expenses.
2) what do they not do for you? Whats the chances your gonna need exactly that? ( like all insurance policies, read the Exclusions !)
3) I can’t help wondering what the affect will be when the gun grabbers start targeting this service.

Again, I haven’t researched it yet . Just my natural skepticism kicking in. ;)

To jumpinjoe:
I don’t have any of this right now, but like you I’m considering it... I don’t know much about these services yet but Just for the sake of it: when u evaluate which company or whether to take this ‘insurance’ consider a few things...
1) forget patriotism- “2A”, “defending your rights”, protecting you, and all that jazz. They are in business. Period. They ‘found a need and filled it’ as the old saying goes. Their profit is just like any other’s’: income minus expenses.
2) what do they not do for you? Whats the chances your gonna need exactly that? ( like all insurance policies, read the Exclusions !)
3) I can’t help wondering what the affect will be when the gun grabbers start targeting this service.

Again, I haven’t researched it yet . Just my natural skepticism kicking in. ;)
Unfortunately I'm with you!

It was a toss up for me between ccwsafe and USLawShield. Both have great representation and support. I chose LawShield because I travel for work and could be in any of the 50 states at any given time. They have 50 state representation.
USLawShield for me having a pick and choose layout which I like. Just cause life and situations are ever changing/evolving.
I prefer to pay for yearly up front. Honestly for the money and spent having the piece of mind knowing I have a support structure in place in the event there is a incident I feel it is well worth it.
The added stress and financial burden on my spouse or family if something were to happen is greatly reduced.
I carried for MANY years without it. Then when I had a close dear friend have an incident. Just deployed the EDC nothing happened. Other person backed down and walked away. As the other person walked away they called 911 police showed up. Incident recorded. All caught on video in a parking garage, other person wielding a bat and had a bowie knife on their person. Was then sued by the would be attacker citing mental anguish , brandishing firearm and some other stuff etc... whole court thing, monies spent etc... all for an incident that never happened.
My friend was planning on calling the police once things settled and nerves were calm. But the other person called first.
Mistakes or situational decisions were made. That said, in those type situations clear headed decisions can become blurred or impaired.
Totally changed my mind, to know that whether the trigger is pulled or not. There could be potential consequences that seem so unfair and out of place.
Just my two bits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't know if I should give my opinion being that I'm new to this subject. To be honest I didn't know there were that many insurance companies out there for this until reading this post. Anyway I signed up with USCCA after reading about it on several sites and relative channels on YouTube. Again just my somewhat limited education on this subject that I thought I would offer.

Like a lot of other folks here, I carried for several years without any kind of legal protection. By the way, that is what most organizations that I know of are providing -- not insurance. I was carrying primarily to protect my wife and myself, and I guess I figured if it got down to a self defense incident, I would just deal with the consequences.

When a couple of other folks at church and I decided we needed a security team to protect the vulnerable who attend, we had our local PD come and sit down with us. They told us if there was a shooting, we would be sued. The PD is covered by the City, but we were not. Our church was covered for liability, but we were not. I decided it was time to do something. At first, I went with the NRA's program (Carry Guard) because I liked the idea of the NRA standing behind me, and I wanted to support the NRA. When the NRA got into trouble in New York with Carry Guard, I dropped it. After a lot of research, I purchased CCW Safe, which I still have after three of four years.

I'm in the same camp as Jumpinjoe. I have very limited knowledge on this kind of "protection". My next door neighbor is a LEO we have had this conversation before, he explained "it depends" on your situation, however the one point he did make was that most insurance companies pay after the fact based on the outcome. You could spend time in jail, drain your life savings defending a frivolous law suit. Please share if your aware of any company that pays upfront on bail, fact finding investigations,etc. Exclusions apply !!

I don't have any and don't plan on getting any. I have very little these days and if I should ever have to defend myself they can put me in jail if they want. Then they can feed me and give me my oxygen and all the meds I have to take. LOL After seeing that bill they would probably kick me out of the jail.

I don't have any and don't plan on getting any. I have very little these days and if I should ever have to defend myself they can put me in jail if they want. Then they can feed me and give me my oxygen and all the meds I have to take. LOL After seeing that bill they would probably kick me out of the jail.
“I don't have any and don't plan on getting any.”
I don’t really blame you Papa - I honestly can’t handle a lifetime of paying for ‘protection’ from something the 2A is there to protect... or some such circumlocution.
I get the uneasy feeling there may be a subtle racket coming on.

Thanks guys, to all who replied. Several of you have offered up suggestions and/or ideas and/or questions I hadn't thought of and that was my hope. When considering the need for something like this, whether technically insurance or not provides a whole bunch to consider. Funny, but at least one of the big 5 or 6 considers themselves 'Insurance' while the others don't mention the word. Most simply talk about being 'Protection'. But in general, I would consider any protection as insurance in the strictest sense. No matter, they're all there for the same reason.

I intend to do a lot of research and even some soul searching before I jump, but I am far more concerned about not being protected today than when I first began concealed carrying. And as an aside, I think that anyone who does carry concealed today should seriously consider some kind of protection. There's just simply too damned much craziness and lawlessness out there today to not be concerned. Each of us has to make our own decision since we all have our own set of personal circumstances and I'll be the biggest supporter of those individual decisions, whatever they are.

Y'all all be safe, be careful, be concerned, and stay healthy.

Thanks guys, to all who replied. Several of you have offered up suggestions and/or ideas and/or questions I hadn't thought of and that was my hope. When considering the need for something like this, whether technically insurance or not provides a whole bunch to consider. Funny, but at least one of the big 5 or 6 considers themselves 'Insurance' while the others don't mention the word. Most simply talk about being 'Protection'. But in general, I would consider any protection as insurance in the strictest sense. No matter, they're all there for the same reason.

I intend to do a lot of research and even some soul searching before I jump, but I am far more concerned about not being protected today than when I first began concealed carrying. And as an aside, I think that anyone who does carry concealed today should seriously consider some kind of protection. There's just simply too damned much craziness and lawlessness out there today to not be concerned. Each of us has to make our own decision since we all have our own set of personal circumstances and I'll be the biggest supporter of those individual decisions, whatever they are.

Y'all all be safe, be careful, be concerned, and stay healthy.
In regards to your question JJ , if I were going to get this type of coverage , I think I would want a company who offers upfront bail and instant accessibility to a lawyer under all circumstances .

In regards to your question JJ , if I were going to get this type of coverage , I think I would want a company who offers upfront bail and instant accessibility to a lawyer under all circumstances .

Good point papa! US Law Shield offers both of these. If you're involved in an incident and call their hotline, you'll be speaking to an attorney who will respond to your location to represent you 24/7/365. I've never had to use it but their website has recommendations from those who have. Take your time jumpinjoe and get the best plan that fits your needs.

US Law Shield here as well. Their package appears very comprehensive and as others have said, it is NOT insurance, but rather access to 2A-specific legal representation should an incident occur and you are under police scrutiny. 24/7 hotline, instant local attorney dispatch, and I want to say (I'll have to read my paperwork to be sure) up to $1M in defense costs covered without question.

And the cost is minimal. Barely over $100 a year.

US Law Shield here as well. Their package appears very comprehensive and as others have said, it is NOT insurance, but rather access to 2A-specific legal representation should an incident occur and you are under police scrutiny. 24/7 hotline, instant local attorney dispatch, and I want to say (I'll have to read my paperwork to be sure) up to $1M in defense costs covered without question.

And the cost is minimal. Barely over $100 a year.
Good info !

Back