testtest

CCW with a 10mm

Mil-Spec

Operator
Founding Member

I had to weigh in on this one as I've always insisted on carrying full size guns. I've carried a 5 inch TRP in 45 in my CCW mix for the last few years and have always been happy with my choice. If I have to go to the trouble to put at gun in holster, I'm going to carry the biggest gun I can. If I had one of these XDMs, I'd do the exact same thing as in that post. I use Milt Sparks holsters, though.

I'm the opposite on that... I like really small 9mm guns for CCW, like one that can fit in a pocket (or at least a really small IWB holster set up). I don't want a big pistol grip jabbing into my side all day when I can carry a little 9mm thats small and comfortable, but still powerful enough to help me when I need it. Now, if I could just find a Hellcat for sale....

I carry either a Beretta 92A1 or a Glock Model 40 10mm. Living in SD, I don't care if my OWB prints or not but understand the issue for those that carry in states and/or cities where you don't want to be hassled for carrying.

I had to weigh in on this one as I've always insisted on carrying full size guns. I've carried a 5 inch TRP in 45 in my CCW mix for the last few years and have always been happy with my choice. If I have to go to the trouble to put at gun in holster, I'm going to carry the biggest gun I can. If I had one of these XDMs, I'd do the exact same thing as in that post. I use Milt Sparks holsters, though.
By all means if you can carry a full size gun that you can conceal and first things first, got to be able to hit what you're aiming at then go for it.

I'm really considering carrying a full size weapon, I currently carry either a P365 or an XDS in .45. I do security at my church and in light of the recent shooting in Texas, I am really reconsidering my carry options to something that may be more accurate if a longer distance shot becomes necessary.

My carry gun is situational. If I am in town going about my day to day life and work I tend to carry a micro-compact. If I am going to be in one of the larger cities nearby or in a sketchy place, I usually carry my a compact or full size and a spare mag. If I am out in the woods, a 10mm.

As we get older and the back starts to be painful you will find that carrying a smaller/lighter concealed carry will be the way to go. Even the Springfield Range Officer Elite Champion .45 ACP is too heavy for me to carry. It will be my bedside hand gun as soon as I acquire a Hellcat with a Red Dot and have had sufficient time to practice at the range.

As we get older and the back starts to be painful you will find that carrying a smaller/lighter concealed carry will be the way to go. Even the Springfield Range Officer Elite Champion .45 ACP is too heavy for me to carry. It will be my bedside hand gun as soon as I acquire a Hellcat with a Red Dot and have had sufficient time to practice at the range.
Trust me I understand, my Glock 22 is light that's what I carry most often. The 10 is heavy but I like that gun in the bigger cities and questionable areas.

Completely understand and agree with what you are saying, that is why I have been carrying the XDS or P365. I'm just thinking it might be time to consider a gun that is larger for more capacity, easier to acquire the target and better able to utilize for potentially longer distance shots. Capacity is important but, my P365 does hold 12, I'm just considering my options.

To each his own. That’s great that you carry full size comfortably. I encourage you to keep at what you are used to. If you can conceal a full size gun comfortably most importantly, next to conceal-ability go all out. A lot of smaller framed gentlemen prefer not to, but they could considering their attire. There is no right or wrong size handgun to carry. Only what you train for!

I've carried many guns in many positions. My current EDC setup is probably the most comfortable I've ever had. XDe .45acp in a T.Rex arms sidecar appendix holster. If SA would offer the XDe in 10mm, you could take my money fast enough!

It's all about wardrobe, I am a small framed man. 5'8" 178. I work in maintenance/construction. My clothing is loose and easy to conceal. My Tagua own with thumb break is easily concealed with a t-shirt over the waist. Then a coat this time of year, no clue.

I believe just about anyone with the right holster can carry just about any size handgun. I have a Crossbreed IWB holster thats super comfy for me and I carry a GLOCK 20 10MM. Can carry all day without a problem.

I carry my XDM-40 OWB under my suit jacket at church, as I'm in charge of security. 16+1 available instantly if a threat presents itself, and an additional 32 rounds in my Blackhawk double mag pouch if it gets really hairy. Since I have no trouble with the .40, I imagine I could do the same with the 10MM. Also, I live in Indiana and I don't have to CC, I can OC if I wanted. But why advertise, right?
Also, strong agree with @Big45XD - carry what you train. That and train as often as humanly possible!

My view is to carry what you are most comfortable with and can perform best with, as far as accuracy and controllability under stressful conditions!

My carry gun is situational.

+1

I can carry various pistols depending on this. I can comfortably carry an XDm 9mm/10mm 5.25 in a shoulder holster, and smaller pistols in other holsters. Some carry methods are more comfortable and accessible than others depending on the situation.

Back