testtest

CDC Gun Violence

Traditional American values were thrown out the window when they began to teach minority students that they were special, worthy of high regard, owed respect from one and all and not responsible for their 'rage' when they sensed some 'micro-aggression' from the Supremacists that obviously 'hate' them.

I'll stake that one higher, and say that the problems started when they started telling everyone that they were special and entitled.

It's not just one minority or another that's told that (and let's not forget that soon, the current majority will become the minority)....

That participation trophy is given to everyone that shows up (well, I guess they at least showed up, which is more than I can say for the modern phenomenon of "Ghosting") - where merit no longer mattered, regardless of how hard you worked.

I'll stake that one higher, and say that the problems started when they started telling everyone that they were special and entitled.

It's not just one minority or another that's told that (and let's not forget that soon, the current majority will become the minority)....

That participation trophy is given to everyone that shows up (well, I guess they at least showed up, which is more than I can say for the modern phenomenon of "Ghosting") - where merit no longer mattered, regardless of how hard you worked.
Our American society crumbles with multi-culturalism. A common language, a common flag, a loyalty to one nation makes us strong. Yet we continue to move toward tribalism with identity politics. A fragmented society is weak and vulnerable to tyrants. People of my generation shake their heads and ask, "what has happened to my country?"

I respectfully disagree.

To me, multiculturalism is not the problem - rather, it's the antagonism towards assimilating to the American culture.

When I immigrated with my parents, assimilation into "the melting pot of America" was considered not just the right thing to do, but the desirable thing to do. To be a naturalized American Citizen was what every immigrant desired, and the ceremony was not only given dignity, but was also celebrated. To many of us, the Rights afforded a Citizen was spoken of with reverence, if for no other reason than the fact that they were not seen as such in our native lands.

So we kept our ethnic identities, but it was our goal to "be" American. To be appointed to West Point or Annapolis was celebrated by parents as much as an acceptance to Harvard or M.I.T. We looked to our predecessors in the process - the Germans, the Italians, the Irish, the Jews - and we wished (and worked for) our presence among them, with the understanding that hard work and merit *_GOT_* a person somewhere here in America.

Somewhere along the line, somehow, this got lost. Thinking back to my childhood and young-adulthood, I think it may have started when we began to hyphenate our identities as X-Americans; or maybe it's when we started giving away participation trophies instead of risking our kids to disappointment....but maybe that's just my "grumpy old man" thinking: after all, Rock-n'-Roll is the devil's music! ;)

Personally, I remain hopeful that our spirit of patriotism will rebound.

We're a rather young country: many on the outside have referred to us as "adolescents," and in many of the ways that it's been written, I actually think that they're on-the-mark, and this lack of a strong cultural identity, I believe, is hallmark. It's my hope that as with a person as he/she passes through adolescents, we'll come back to realizing that we share more common than we are different, and that we once again identify first as Americans.

I respectfully disagree.

To me, multiculturalism is not the problem - rather, it's the antagonism towards assimilating to the American culture.

When I immigrated with my parents, assimilation into "the melting pot of America" was considered not just the right thing to do, but the desirable thing to do. To be a naturalized American Citizen was what every immigrant desired, and the ceremony was not only given dignity, but was also celebrated. To many of us, the Rights afforded a Citizen was spoken of with reverence, if for no other reason than the fact that they were not seen as such in our native lands.

So we kept our ethnic identities, but it was our goal to "be" American. To be appointed to West Point or Annapolis was celebrated by parents as much as an acceptance to Harvard or M.I.T. We looked to our predecessors in the process - the Germans, the Italians, the Irish, the Jews - and we wished (and worked for) our presence among them, with the understanding that hard work and merit *_GOT_* a person somewhere here in America.

Somewhere along the line, somehow, this got lost. Thinking back to my childhood and young-adulthood, I think it may have started when we began to hyphenate our identities as X-Americans; or maybe it's when we started giving away participation trophies instead of risking our kids to disappointment....but maybe that's just my "grumpy old man" thinking: after all, Rock-n'-Roll is the devil's music! ;)

Personally, I remain hopeful that our spirit of patriotism will rebound.

We're a rather young country: many on the outside have referred to us as "adolescents," and in many of the ways that it's been written, I actually think that they're on-the-mark, and this lack of a strong cultural identity, I believe, is hallmark. It's my hope that as with a person as he/she passes through adolescents, we'll come back to realizing that we share more common than we are different, and that we once again identify first as Americans.
Our disagreement is purely semantic. Failure to assimilate is exactly what I mean when I say multiculturalism is a problem. All of our ancestors came from elsewhere and
assimilated. Teddy Roosevelt said it best:

1631024210170.png

We need to stop allowing the Left to re-define words so that they lose all moorings. The idea that gun violence is an "epidemic" that the CDC should weigh in on is laughable. Quite frankly, we know what works. Good police staffing, active patrolling, working with the Feds, and harsh sentencing of violent offenders led to the largest decrease in violent crime in decades. Abandoning that policy on the flimsiest of appeals to emotion by allowing the Left to define everything in terms of "systemic racism" has cost lives. And it all goes back to allowing people to redefine basic English terms to dilute meaning so that reasonable arguments cannot be pursued to further policy debate.

Columbus Day 1915, then POTUS Teddy Roosevelt said this:

"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all ... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic ... There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else."

And this folks, encompasses the combined bottom line of the two previous posters, ie. (HayesGreener) and (TSiWRX)........
It just can't be said any better than these two have done !!!!

Back