testtest

"Chicago's summer of joy" continues

Except Gary. Gary regularly places in the top 2 or 3 in the country for murders.
I know that Gary has had some rough years, and is by no means what I would call a "safe" city, but recent stats (since 2015) appear to show Gary to be safer than Chicago in overall crime rate and murder rate. It looks like St. Louis has been the clear leader for the past few years, with Baltimore, Washington DC, New Orleans, Detroit, and Birmingham, AL often rounding out the top 3.

In February 2022 CBS News published a list of the top 65 most dangerous cities according to FBI crime statistics (I have no idea how they picked 65 as the number). I was surprised to see Chicago was only number 28 in murder by population, but Gary did not make the list. I am always mindful of Mark Twain's assessment that there are "Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics", so I wouldn't be surprised if Gary has managed to find creative methods of record keeping to keep their city off the most popular lists.

I did find it very interesting that the only Indiana city besides Indianapolis to make the CBS/FBI list was South Bend (#47). The FBI used statistics through 2019, so this was during the peak of Mayor Pete's tenure. I'm hoping the media does not forget this when they try to convince us that Mayor Pete would make a terrific President in 2024.

Outside the ballpark awhile back a veteran was walking to his car after the game. He was robbed. Then the POS shot him anyway after he handed him his money. Now he's paralyzed. Downtown is no longer safe. North St. Louis has never been safe in my lifetime and it's way worse than ever now. I grew up on the south side and it was a little rough, but it's F'ed now. In short, the city is a shite hole. I worked on the streets in N. STL for 9 years. I got shot at 4 times and had to dive for cover more times than I can count.

I could go into the reasons why the city is a shitehole, but I won't. You can figure it out. It's the same as every other large urban area the dems have had a strangle hold on for decades.
Although not as bad yet Louisville KY is working hard to be just like St. Louis and the revolving door at the courts is not helping.

I know that Gary has had some rough years, and is by no means what I would call a "safe" city, but recent stats (since 2015) appear to show Gary to be safer than Chicago in overall crime rate and murder rate. It looks like St. Louis has been the clear leader for the past few years, with Baltimore, Washington DC, New Orleans, Detroit, and Birmingham, AL often rounding out the top 3.

In February 2022 CBS News published a list of the top 65 most dangerous cities according to FBI crime statistics (I have no idea how they picked 65 as the number). I was surprised to see Chicago was only number 28 in murder by population, but Gary did not make the list. I am always mindful of Mark Twain's assessment that there are "Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics", so I wouldn't be surprised if Gary has managed to find creative methods of record keeping to keep their city off the most popular lists.

I did find it very interesting that the only Indiana city besides Indianapolis to make the CBS/FBI list was South Bend (#47). The FBI used statistics through 2019, so this was during the peak of Mayor Pete's tenure. I'm hoping the media does not forget this when they try to convince us that Mayor Pete would make a terrific President in 2024.
They won't forget it, they just don't care. Pete is their dream candidate.

Although not as bad yet Louisville KY is working hard to be just like St. Louis and the revolving door at the courts is not helping.

Indeed. Which I have always found strange. One of my best buds, also a staunch Christian, conservative gun guy ( He is actually a gunsmith) has a daughter who lived there with her husband and kid. He used to love going up there. I guess there's some kind of NASCAR track close by.

Indeed. Which I have always found strange. One of my best buds, also a staunch Christian, conservative gun guy ( He is actually a gunsmith) has a daughter who lived there with her husband and kid. He used to love going up there. I guess there's some kind of NASCAR track close by.
Kentucky Motor Speedway. Never been there and have no desire to sit in traffic for (hours) to see a race when I can watch it on TV although I don’t watch NASCAR anyway.

That's too bad. In 1985 I lived in Fenton work in St. Ann at the Northwest plaza Footlocker when it was the largest outdoor shopping center. Spent many days walking around in the Hyde Park area. Never once in my walks did I ever have any problems. Now during that time period I believe there a was no police force, firefighters or garbage pick up in East St. Louis it looked like Beirut.
Our states (Illinois) problems are from the extreme Democratic policies for decades and doubling down on the same when they are not working.
Downstate gets the shaft time and time again.
I work for Laclede. The yard I report to now is at 44 and 141 in Valley Park. My sister lives in Bentley Manor and I lived in Arnold as a teenager. My parent's still do.

Northwest Plaza is long gone. Same thing happened that happens to every mall that ends up with a metro link station. You can PM me if you want to know exactly what that is.

My buddy stopped at a gas station at Salisbury and 70 on the way home from a ball game at Busch and got carjacked. They are trying to revitalize Hyde Park which just means they are building small houses right there off Malinkrodt and giving them to low income people. It's a strange neighborhood. There's a lot of white people there. I have done extensive work in the area. That was my district for 9 years. It's a shite hole. Do you know that giant Catholic church right there ? I forget the name of it, but it is one of the oldest churches in the area. I renewed their gas service a few years ago. I was in front of the building in a mini excavator digging up the old gas service and watched a young black kid, maybe 13 or 14, walk out the door of the house next door with an AR and open fire on a car as it passed by. That's also about two blocks from where some friends of mine on a main crew were working and a very young black kid approached them, began apologizing and trying to pull an AR out of his sweatpants. It got caught up in his pants which gave them time to jump in the back of the pickup they came in while the foreman sped off real quick. This was right around the time of all the riots over the heroin dealer that tried to run over the cops and ended up getting shot to death. Officer Shockley I think. He was charged with murder by our wonderful prosecutor and when he was acquitted they went nuts. The young boy was trying to kill some white people, but at least half his heart wasn't in it.

Last edited:

Your list was written by CBS News, that tells you all you need to know.

Kentucky Motor Speedway. Never been there and have no desire to sit in traffic for (hours) to see a race when I can watch it on TV although I don’t watch NASCAR anyway.
Yeah, I am not a NASCAR guy. We have a dirt track not far from me that has been there since before I was born. It's fun to go down on a Friday night and watch the stock car races. Been to one NASCAR event. The last one ever held at Gateway Speedway. The aforementioned buddy of mine took me. It was hot, it was loud. Not a horrible time, but not really my cuppa.

That's too bad. In 1985 I lived in Fenton work in St. Ann at the Northwest plaza Footlocker when it was the largest outdoor shopping center. Spent many days walking around in the Hyde Park area. Never once in my walks did I ever have any problems. Now during that time period I believe there a was no police force, firefighters or garbage pick up in East St. Louis it looked like Beirut.
Our states (Illinois) problems are from the extreme Democratic policies for decades and doubling down on the same when they are not working.
Downstate gets the shaft time and time again.
Incidentally, for the last year and 3 months my district has been south/Smizer. Now I work in Chesterfield, Ballwin, Wildwood, Eureka, Ladue, Kirkwood, etc.. I haven't worn my 3A vest to work or felt the need to have a pistol on my person while I'm working since.

Yeah, I am not a NASCAR guy. We have a dirt track not far from me that has been there since before I was born. It's fun to go down on a Friday night and watch the stock car races. Been to one NASCAR event. The last one ever held at Gateway Speedway. The aforementioned buddy of mine took me. It was hot, it was loud. Not a horrible time, but not really my cuppa.
Now if Formula 1 came to Kentucky!!
Heck yeah.

Getting back to the shootings I believe a high percentage are drug related however that’s not mentioned on the news because they want to make it about a gun problem. And even though we have a Democratic Governor we have a Republican AG who is pro 2A,
Kentucky in general is pro 2A and being a Commonwealth is progressive in nature, you can open carry in Metro buildings except of course court houses. When I worked armed security at Metro Hall and after getting all my licensing to carry at work I was handed my duty gun and told flat out if I draw my weapon I would be fired, I told my supervisor to take the gun and shove it.

Crooks have been shooting one another willy nilly in Chicago and other big cities for so long that is is part of the background noise. But when John Q Public is victimized it is getting out of bounds. It may take time, but mark my words there will be a muscular response as the pendulum swings back that the crooks will not like. We are seeing the beginnings of that with recall elections and calls for impeachment of impotent prosecutors. For crying out loud if you stick violent criminals in jail they can't hurt anyone but one another-how stupid can policy makers be that the don't understand that?

I don’t get it, everything looks fine for a night out in that toddling town…

View attachment 28141

As for Indiana… why is it the mayor and county board president recently created a Guaranteed Income [so far $500 month] stipend on top of all the other free stuff entitlements that make these illicit purchases possible?
Thats "EXACTLY" what I saw.walking from the grant park parking garage with my girl in the early 60s.Breaks my heart to remember.Also makes me really angry !

Now if Formula 1 came to Kentucky!!
Heck yeah.

Getting back to the shootings I believe a high percentage are drug related however that’s not mentioned on the news because they want to make it about a gun problem. And even though we have a Democratic Governor we have a Republican AG who is pro 2A,
Kentucky in general is pro 2A and being a Commonwealth is progressive in nature, you can open carry in Metro buildings except of course court houses. When I worked armed security at Metro Hall and after getting all my licensing to carry at work I was handed my duty gun and told flat out if I draw my weapon I would be fired, I told my supervisor to take the gun and shove it.
It's a culture in Chicago.I can only speak for Chicago.Many gangs.The largest of which is over 50,000 members.Figure it out.I don't think it's a strech to say the gangs control Chicago.If you don't believe they have infiltrated the politics your dreaming

Crooks have been shooting one another willy nilly in Chicago and other big cities for so long that is is part of the background noise. But when John Q Public is victimized it is getting out of bounds. It may take time, but mark my words there will be a muscular response as the pendulum swings back that the crooks will not like. We are seeing the beginnings of that with recall elections and calls for impeachment of impotent prosecutors. For crying out loud if you stick violent criminals in jail they can't hurt anyone but one another-how stupid can policy makers be that the don't understand that?
Once again. 👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

I remember our family getting lost in Chicago about 60 years ago, reminiscent of the Griswalds in "Vacation." We were going through a bad neighborhood and had to drive around a knife fight in the middle of the street.

Years ago when my first wife was just my girlfriend, two black guys in a very white neighborhood tried to get her in their car. When she told them to F off and started trotting away from the car they shot at her. A friend of mine jumped on the hood of the car as they were trying to escape the parking lot. The county cops blocked them in and apprehended them. Turned out they were both St. Louis city cops.

So yeah, gangs and thugs can even infiltrate police departments.

Back