testtest

Choked a little today....

You should have grabbed it; that's a bargain. I turned down $3500 for JUST the stock on mine a year or two ago. Of course, mine's a "high wood" and supposedly much rarer.

You can buy repro M1A1 stocks for well under $200, if you just want "the look."

1703277591312.jpeg

1703277614006.jpeg

1703277649143.jpeg

You should have grabbed it; that's a bargain. I turned down $3500 for JUST the stock on mine a year or two ago. Of course, mine's a "high wood" and supposedly much rarer.

You can buy repro M1A1 stocks for well under $200, if you just want "the look."

View attachment 49150
View attachment 49151
View attachment 49152
That's why I posted...I am very ignorant of the carbine, although it's on my hit list. The thick wood pistol grip felt odd and the stock was anything but comfortable...but I know those features have zero affect (effect?) on a relic. Given the rarity of the paratrooper version, were they made by one or several companies? I didn't even look at the serial number after seeing the price. Maybe I should go back in the morning and see if it's still there...

That's why I posted...I am very ignorant of the carbine, although it's on my hit list. The thick wood pistol grip felt odd and the stock was anything but comfortable...but I know those features have zero affect (effect?) on a relic. Given the rarity of the paratrooper version, were they made by one or several companies? I didn't even look at the serial number after seeing the price. Maybe I should go back in the morning and see if it's still there...
The originals were all made by Inland, and should have Inland barrels.

You need to know what to look for. Those have been faked, reproduced etc. I have a friend that collects Carbines and according to him assume it is fake until proven otherwise.
Yeah. Mine came from the guy who brought it back from the Korean War, so I've got provenance on it going back to 1953 or so. Is it exactly as it came off the Inland line in 1943 or '44? Probably not. In fact, I know not, because it's got the bayonet lug and the adjustable sights, which none of Inland M1A1s were built with. But it also has the arsenal rebuild stamps on the stock.

Guns & Ammo did a recent 2 or 3-part story on restoring carbines, and what is and isn't correct. Probably the best thing I've ever seen on the subject.

Last edited:
Back