testtest

Choosing a handgun, rifle or shotgun for defense.

What's wrong with using your EDC weapon as your home defense weapon also? It seems like every time one of these discussions of home defense weapons comes up very few mention using their EDC weapon for home defense. It's always an AR type, or shotgun, or some large handgun and then the resulting discussion turns to, over penetration, threat to family members, neighbors and surrounding area and, rightly so. I would think that if you have enough confidence in your EDC when you are away from home, then it should be just as adequate for defense when you are home.

As a side note: Why is it over penetration, threat to neighbors, etc, never seems to be a concern with EDC scenarious outside the home?
When i am in my lounge, bedwear, the EDC is stowed for wear the next day. If I am in that area, then the EDC is my go to defense. If I am elsewhere, then its the closest gun.

i dont keep agun on me in the house, as my doors are always locked and a big pooch will tackle their butt as I grab a nearby firearm

I would choose a handgun myself. If it was going to be used as a double duty gun, say indoors at times or outdoors, like camping of fishing, I would use a G27 or G23 in .40, if it was just only ccw, I would just use my Shield in 9mm.

Rifles and shotguns are problematic to conceal but easily accessible at home. At 20 feet a shotgun is much more effective than a concealable handgun. Even the pistols I have close by me at home are not the ones I carry every day. Concealable handguns are a compromise. They are smaller and generally less accurate than full sized handguns and they usually have smaller mag capacity. For me personally I already view a handgun as a compromise. Concealable handguns even more so, albeit a necessary one. Mitigate the compromise as much as you can with training and target shooting, but if I have access to a more effective weapon I’m using it.

Back