testtest

Club membership renewal time

The range I have a membership with charges me $260 per year for as much shooting as I want. They operate with volunteers and the place runs great. They have a pistol range and a separate building with a rifle range. The LGS range I shoot at charges $60 per month for unlimited shooting and discounts on courses. I can’t afford that, so I go there on Wednesdays ladies night, after work, and get a lane for $10 and free rentals.

$45.00 per year.

1703304682565.png

Public Range: open 4 days per week

Membership side: open 7 days per week

50 yd. pistol bays
Cowboy Action shooting club range
100 yd. silhouette range
100, 200 yd. rifle ranges
660 & 1000 yd. LR ranges

we are limited to 270 by the city.. our club uses an old area that was reclaimed from a sewer plant
so the city in its brain power figured 270 is magic max members, and of course your family does not count.

city also insists all are nra members, but thats changing real soon.
with 270 the number....we dont get to many that forget to re-up as the secretary does not play, no reminder phone calls. just one email and one letter. dont be late or your done

then its rough to get back, you start at bottom, 300 start up fee plus years rate.

we have a nice one, over one town but the annual costs are absurd and you can buy tiers that let you reserve lane/s, get 5 free targets vice 1, silver, gold platinum.. and they charge lane fees based on tiers.
family are extra...yada yada yada
they have a snack bar and lockers and a store...its like a golf course for shooters
its owned by an ex fed prosecutor and some retired cop
yeah at my club, we have to get the dues in by the due date. otherwise, or key fob gets shut off, then it's a $50 charge to reactivate it, on top of the dues owed.

i cannot say exactly how many members they have, but i do know, LEO's current and retired, lawyers, doctors, and other white collar people are members, with us blue collar types.

when i go there, it's like about 7 to 8 AM, and i usually stay about an hour, or until i run out of ammo.. then i sweep up my mess, check over and over that everything is secured, turn off the lights, and ski-daddle..

never (usually) anyone else there when i am, but it does happen, every once in a blue moon.

that's why i like the place, about 8 minutes from the house, no waiting time for it to open, only restrictions are never any magnums, no matter the caliber, and never any rifles.....

the range is maybe about (guessing) 45 feet long, so also no NRA/CCW qualifications, as that here, by RI rules, must be done at 25 yards (75 feet), so hence, the public range for that, plus anything up to 50 BMG

I can't believe how much some of you pay for dues.

My club is $60/year to renew ($75 first year) and it's $3 for the day each time you go. You can go, leave and come back that same day. Membership covers household members, the $3 is for each. Open 8Am to 10PM 365 days a year. I have a key card and come and go as I please. They provide the targes (various designs printed on 8/12 x 11) and they have the target return system. You can pick up your brass or leave it. You bring your own ammo. No range officer, you know the rules. There are video cameras they re-watch if there are any issues.

They allow Rim and center fire pistol and rifle cartridges not developing velocities over 1,500 fps.
Prohibited: Shotguns or shotgun type ammunition. Armor piercing, tracer or incendiary ammunition.

I usually go about once a month so it is a very affordable option.

I use an outdoor range run and maintained by the Game Commission. Required to possess either a hunting license or range permit which is a little over 30 bucks. Range rules are all posted and yes they have some silly ones but if I'm there myself I do basically whatever I want such as drawing from holster and sometimes I shoot from awkward stances and positions but it helps that I know the game wardens and they know what I do for a living and as long as no one is around they tell have at it. Only issue is with the out of staters who come in with no permits and leave the place a mess. As far as indoor ranges go there are a few but their prices are ridiculous and they're usually filled with wannabes. Plus the outdoor range is about a 5 minute drive from my house.

My club is $60/year to renew ($75 first year) and it's $3 for the day each time you go. You can go, leave and come back that same day. Membership covers household members, the $3 is for each. Open 8Am to 10PM 365 days a year. I have a key card and come and go as I please. They provide the targes (various designs printed on 8/12 x 11) and they have the target return system. You can pick up your brass or leave it. You bring your own ammo. No range officer, you know the rules. There are video cameras they re-watch if there are any issues.

They allow Rim and center fire pistol and rifle cartridges not developing velocities over 1,500 fps.
Prohibited: Shotguns or shotgun type ammunition. Armor piercing, tracer or incendiary ammunition.

i just did some "quick math" and you say your situation, you pay $60 for the year..??

then $3.00 each time you go..??

well if you go like 52 times a year (once per week) .....that is $156.00 + that $60 = $ 216.00

that's still a bit cheaper than my $250 a year.......but you're still "up there" in over all costs too.

and that's on an "assumed" once per week..

what if you go more than once per week..??

see what i'm saying...??

you guys that pay each time, just add up the total for the year.....it ain't all that much cheaper than us people paying a yearly dues.

plus for me, at the public range, i get a "guest card" to take 1 guest, for up to 12 visits...free......

my club, the guest has to pay $10......i don't pay that, the guest does, if he/she wants to go shooting.....i ain't paying for them.

I use an outdoor range run and maintained by the Game Commission. Required to possess either a hunting license or range permit which is a little over 30 bucks. Range rules are all posted and yes they have some silly ones but if I'm there myself I do basically whatever I want such as drawing from holster and sometimes I shoot from awkward stances and positions but it helps that I know the game wardens and they know what I do for a living and as long as no one is around they tell have at it. Only issue is with the out of staters who come in with no permits and leave the place a mess. As far as indoor ranges go there are a few but their prices are ridiculous and they're usually filled with wannabes. Plus the outdoor range is about a 5 minute drive from my house.
yeah, my state's free out door range is "manned" when they are open....no one can be there when it is off/closed hours...no drawing from the holster either. everyone has to step back when told to do so, so that targets can be changed...we have to walk out to the targets, switch them out, and wait to be told to g to the ports again.

really a terrific set up, just "too far" for me to drive back/forth

you should be able to scroll thru the pics.....they have skeet and archery as well..

left of the building is ALL rifle only......right of the building is ALL pistol only....

yeah, the emails went out, my club would appreciate the renewal to be done before Jan 31st.

i send them a bank check, not a personal check.

just more convenient for me, and my bank doesn't charge me any fee as well.

next up, in March, will the the public range membership too.

for me, and what each offers, either in travel time, or convenience, and range distance (both are indoors only), it is worth the cost.

the club is 24/7, and the public range is 7 days a week, just not 24 hours.

wish i had my own private FREE backyard range, but it's just not gonna happen.

what say you guys/gals, renewal time soon for you too, or not..??
just renewed my membership 100 dollars a year both indoor and outdoor pistol ranges, outdoor shotgun, rifle and archery 20 minutes from the house family members are free guests 10 per day there are no other fees.

Mine is 8 miles from the house. 10-12 outdoor ranges and trap/skeet clay ranges. Dog training area, kennels, hunting ground, bird pens, rifle/pistol ranges from 15 yards up to 200 ( soon to be 250). No range officers, no ammo/weapon restrictions. Target house is stocked with targets, spotting scope, Caldwell sled, steel silouhettes, etc. Nice lodge with a kitchen, tables, couches, very rustic with game trophies and old guns hanging on the wall. The old timers mostly just hang there. Always someone cooking on the weekends. You can hunt with their brittanys over pen raised quail, pheasant and chukkar if that does anything for you, which plenty of city folks come up for that. Personally I don't like "Hunting" pen raised birds.

Fee is $150/year and I think they charge like $6 per bird if you do that. They also have several hundred acres of prime deer and turkey hunting ground free for members who upgrade to that type of membership.

I pay $120/year with no additional fees, and my range includes outdoor rifle bay (800 yds), outdoor pistol bay, shotgun bay and "open" bay that you can set up however you want and work on whatever you want. Holster use is acceptable. PCCs are allowed in the pistol bay. Closed to the public Mon-Fri. It's a pretty good deal.

When you live in a big city with a ton of ranges indoor, but really nice outdoor is 1hr + away, do what you have to do.
We have 1 outdoor range about 45 min away in the middle of the city in an older flood plain, but is usually super crowded. Super packed. The RO/ staff are A holes due to all the inner city thug folks that go their to try out their 60 rnd glocks

I pass 3 indoor ranges on way home and 1 is 3 miles from home. I can stop in for 20 min, shoot, then go make dinner.
Here in the big city, we pay $$$ cause its the going rate. $25 per hour adds up quick, so $69 month is a deal as much as @SimonRL and I go shoot

When you live in a big city with a ton of ranges indoor, but really nice outdoor is 1hr + away, do what you have to do.
We have 1 outdoor range about 45 min away in the middle of the city in an older flood plain, but is usually super crowded. Super packed. The RO/ staff are A holes due to all the inner city thug folks that go their to try out their 60 rnd glocks

I pass 3 indoor ranges on way home and 1 is 3 miles from home. I can stop in for 20 min, shoot, then go make dinner.
Here in the big city, we pay $$$ cause its the going rate. $25 per hour adds up quick, so $69 month is a deal as much as @SimonRL and I go shoot
I’m a member at three ranges and two of those are 10 minutes from my house, but I spend $220 a month between the three. Like @KillerFord1977 one is directly on my route home and I can stop in and barely add time to my trip home. At one of the ranges I get free use of a private suite which is really nice because I can work on my draw while just wearing boxers.
1703348792905.gif

Hi,

Some of you guys have it pretty nice! I wish I had an outdoor range that was convenient and affordable. I don't yet have any friends here with enough land to shoot off their back porch. 😉

Instead I pay $35/mo for access to a couple of indoor ranges, all I can shoot, between the two of them I can shoot 7 days a week. I can bring a guest twice a month and all rentals are free. PCCs are allowed and most rifles and shotguns on certain days. Plus I get a 20% discount on all training. Non-member public charge is $20 per hour. I usually go at least once a week so it's cost effective for me.

But I have to wear pants.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

i just did some "quick math" and you say your situation, you pay $60 for the year..??

well if you go like 52 times a year (once per week) .....that is $156.00 + that $60 = $ 216.00

that's still a bit cheaper than my $250 a year.......but you're still "up there" in over all costs too.

see what i'm saying...??

you guys that pay each time, just add up the total for the year.....it ain't all that much cheaper than us people paying a yearly dues.

plus for me, at the public range, i get a "guest card" to take 1 guest, for up to 12 visits...free......

my club, the gue

see what i'm saying...??

my club, the guest has to pay $10......i don't pay that, the guest does, if he/she wants to go shooting.....i ain't paying for them.
I go once a month, on average, so there really is a savings. But they do offer a gold key membership for $150 a year, so that can easily offset the dues if you go more frequently. With the costs (and now limited availability of ammo - thanks NY) that's about all I can afford. Unfortunately with NY's terrible ammo law, everyone is coming over (I live just over the order in PA) and buying up all our ammo. Guest are only $6 and as I said households members (only my one daughter shoots) are part of the membership so only $3.

But yes if I shot more the $3 would add up. But again, the $150 for no fee is still way better then others are posting here

I go once a month, on average, so there really is a savings. But they do offer a gold key membership for $150 a year, so that can easily offset the dues if you go more frequently. With the costs (and now limited availability of ammo - thanks NY) that's about all I can afford. Unfortunately with NY's terrible ammo law, everyone is coming over (I live just over the order in PA) and buying up all our ammo. Guest are only $6 and as I said households members (only my one daughter shoots) are part of the membership so only $3.

But yes if I shot more the $3 would add up. But again, the $150 for no fee is still way better then others are posting here
yeah, i know what you mean regarding ammo, availability as well as prices.

before the "scandemic", i as taking like maybe "up to" 200 rounds of ammo, and back then, it wa all 9mm...later it would be 45 ACP, but the prices had already started that awful price hiking.

i'd go to the range (long before i joined the club) several times a week as well, i'd just stay away form there on weekends, and holidays, as that's when working people and weekend Rambo's would go there..and i kid you not, the RSO i am friends with had told me of times guys would be in army fatigues? and boots, and would shoot up the targets like they were real people.

i need not be there for the "clown show".

frankly if i recall, since i live in RI, i cannot go over to MA and buy ammo, as i'd need some sort of MA ID card..??

i dunno, i think if that is the case, then no one should be able to cross any state lines to circumvent their states laws.

buy online, or pay the price of what your state did to you, why should others suffer?? as in your situation.

yes, for you then, that price is more cost effective. i did not know that from when you first posted.

yeah at my club, we have to get the dues in by the due date. otherwise, or key fob gets shut off, then it's a $50 charge to reactivate it, on top of the dues owed.

i cannot say exactly how many members they have, but i do know, LEO's current and retired, lawyers, doctors, and other white collar people are members, with us blue collar types.

when i go there, it's like about 7 to 8 AM, and i usually stay about an hour, or until i run out of ammo.. then i sweep up my mess, check over and over that everything is secured, turn off the lights, and ski-daddle..

never (usually) anyone else there when i am, but it does happen, every once in a blue moon.

that's why i like the place, about 8 minutes from the house, no waiting time for it to open, only restrictions are never any magnums, no matter the caliber, and never any rifles.....

the range is maybe about (guessing) 45 feet long, so also no NRA/CCW qualifications, as that here, by RI rules, must be done at 25 yards (75 feet), so hence, the public range for that, plus anything up to 50 BMG
my favorite thing is during the week
you are most likely all by yourself from 8 am to 4 pm. maybe a straggler or two. sat and sund its full all day. you have to wait on a lane.

my favorite thing is during the week
you are most likely all by yourself from 8 am to 4 pm. maybe a straggler or two. sat and sund its full all day. you have to wait on a lane.
that's why the owner and his wife dubed us the "breakfast club"

there is me, and maybe all of 6 others that show up during the week, that early (opens at 10 AM)\\the others come on in as i am about to leave..

sometimes, retirement has it's "rewards"

yeah, i know what you mean regarding ammo, availability as well as prices.

before the "scandemic", i as taking like maybe "up to" 200 rounds of ammo, and back then, it wa all 9mm...later it would be 45 ACP, but the prices had already started that awful price hiking.

i'd go to the range (long before i joined the club) several times a week as well, i'd just stay away form there on weekends, and holidays, as that's when working people and weekend Rambo's would go there..and i kid you not, the RSO i am friends with had told me of times guys would be in army fatigues? and boots, and would shoot up the targets like they were real people.

i need not be there for the "clown show".

frankly if i recall, since i live in RI, i cannot go over to MA and buy ammo, as i'd need some sort of MA ID card..??

i dunno, i think if that is the case, then no one should be able to cross any state lines to circumvent their states laws.

buy online, or pay the price of what your state did to you, why should others suffer?? as in your situation.

yes, for you then, that price is more cost effective. i did not know that from when you first posted.
Thankfully we never really have an issue with tactical timmies at our club. If anything you might get a few people who are inexperienced but I have never seen one doing anything specifically dangerous.

The ammo thing is infuriating. Prior to NY passing the new ammo laws, I could go to Sportsmans Warehouse any time and day and get pretty much anything I wanted for a good price. 45 and 10 was still a little high, but they would run good sales. Selection was great and 9MM was almost pre-Covid prices. Now teh entire sotre has maybe half the selection they did and prices are going back up

Back