testtest

Colt’s King Cobra 10-Shot Revolver & 4-Inch Anaconda — SHOT Show 2023

Mucho dinero.

6E444DDD-6B9C-4BF2-B460-CD15C124E666.gif

Actually I am waiting for the 4" Anaconda myself, my shop has the 6" which I have been thinking of getting, but now since they are producing the 4", I'll wait for it, as for the 22lr, yea, high priced, I’ll just keep enjoying my Rugers, they work fine for me.

Last edited:
Why not?

The original Cobras, Diamondbacks and Vipers were all primarily .38’s…and original Diamondbacks were also available in .22 LR and .22 WMR.
Yes I'm aware Hans. Now that metallurgy has advanced since that period in time I just think it sounds foolish to have a "King Cobra" as .22.
Personal opinion as I said.

My S&W 640 was originally only a .38 due to metallurgy at the time. You had better believe I ditched it like roadkill to get it in .357....and still have it. 😉

If Colt has come out with a true new Diamondback I'd be interested but I'll pass.
It basically IS a Diamondback in everything but name. Yah, kind of silly that they kicked the "King Cobra" name down to the (essentially) new D-frame. Kinda sorta makes sense maybe in an adjustable-sighted .357, but not for other variants. But, alas, here we are.

I have zero interest in a 3" Python. But a 3" .22 "King Cobra" (New Diamondback) would get my attention. 10 shots, adjustable sights--just about a perfect kit/trail gun but still with boatloads of potential for carry/personal defense. Yah, you could put me down for one of those.

It basically IS a Diamondback in everything but name. Yah, kind of silly that they kicked the "King Cobra" name down to the (essentially) new D-frame. Kinda sorta makes sense maybe in an adjustable-sighted .357, but not for other variants. But, alas, here we are.

I have zero interest in a 3" Python. But a 3" .22 "King Cobra" (New Diamondback) would get my attention. 10 shots, adjustable sights--just about a perfect kit/trail gun but still with boatloads of potential for carry/personal defense. Yah, you could put me down for one of those.
The King Cobra is a V-frame and that's stayed the same.

So far Colt hasn't re-introduced the D-frame that the original Diamondback used.

The King Cobra is a V-frame and that's stayed the same.

So far Colt hasn't re-introduced the D-frame that the original Diamondback used.
The New King Cobra is not on the same V-frame as the original.

You're right that Colt has not re-introduced the original D-frame, but the new Cobra etc. are on its modern equivalent, with a @ 1.4" diameter cylinder. Also note that the new "King Cobra" is a LOT lighter than the originals. ;)

Colt doesn't seem to have any official frame size designations for their new production revolvers.

Dimensionally, the new King Cobra is built on the same frame as the new Cobras.

So in the past, while the Diamondback/Cobra and King Cobra were "D" and "V", respectively, today the new Cobra/King Cobra is a some sort of modified hybrid version of the D frame.

That being said the new "Cobras" appear to be larger than the old Diamondback that I remember examining.

Back