testtest

Comments now Opened to ATF on Pistol Braced Gun Ban

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
I received the following emails with links to comment to the ATF and Justice Department, on the Pistol Braced Gun Ban. I already sent in the Gun Owners of America (GOA) with their already written comments (I suppose you could add to it if desired). The second email was from the Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC), and their "Take Action" goes into the Federal Registry for you to add your own Comments for Justice Department review of the specified ATF Pistol Braced Gun Ban numbered regulation. I searched the NRA-ILA, and haven't yet found a "Take Action" for the Pistol Braced Gun Ban currently.
For those that feel comfortable commenting, I urge you to please do so. The more comments the better. Thanks

GOA Link:

Federal Registry Link (on the Pistol Braced Gun Ban for Justice Department review, as sent by the Firearms Policy Coalition):

Email letter recieved from FPC discussing how, and different places to comment, with other links included:

FPC-"Email-Template"

U.S. Department of Justice and its Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) new proposed rule rule 2021R-08, “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached ‘Stabilizing Braces’” is an attempt to rewrite the law in an arbitrary and exceptionally aggressive manner. in short, ATF proposes to re-define the word “rifle” by essentially appending “oh, and braced pistols too, sometimes” to the definition.

According to the ATF, it is important for commenters to follow the following instructions for your comment to be considered, "All comments should reference this document's docket number ATF 2021R-08, be legible, and include the commenter's complete first and last name and full mailing address. ATF may not consider, or respond to, comments that do not meet these requirements or comments containing excessive profanity."

This rule would create a “points system,” where if a firearm gets more than 4 points in two separate sections, the firearm is automatically considered an SBR. The criteria include arbitrary and vague factors such as whether the brace “incorporates shoulder stock design feature(s)."

The factors are written in such a way that simple, everyday changes in a firearm, including simply removing a sight or changing the magazine, can add points to the total. Rather than clarifying the law, the ATF’s attempt at administrative lawmaking seeks to make owning braced firearms a felonious minefield.

You can watch FPC's Matt Larosiere sit down and explains the ins and outs of the Proposed Rule below:

They say the best defense is a good offense, so let’s go on the offense together! Make sure you do your part TODAY to oppose this unconstitutional power grab by the ATF.

HOW TO HELP FPC FIGHT THIS RULE:

1) ACT: Submit a comment to ATF by visiting SaveTheBraces.com

2) RECRUIT: Ask 5 of your pro-2A family members and friends to join you in the fight

3) AMPLIFY: Ask pro-2A media and influencers to help you fight ATF by sharing www.SaveTheBraces.com with their communities and followers to spread the word.

The "gun lobby" is YOU. Remember, “It does not take a majority to prevail but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Rocco Praglowski
Director of Advocacy
Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC)
http://www.firearmspolicy.org/

I left several paragraphs of thoughts, diplomatically, but not without being bluntly truthful about what they're doing.
Great TacticalPirate & Thanks. Yeah, I'm constructing my own comments to add to the Justice Department link and to the ATF link on this regulation. I just need to think some and write a draft out first. Comments are open for 60 days I believe.

Can you comment more than once ? I just left the one they had written up in the link.
I believe from separate links you can. The last Pistol Brace Reg against Q, I submitted comments from both the GOA and the NRA-ILA.
I believe the GOA went to the AFT, where the FPC link (the one I posted), is the Federal Registry comments to the Justice Department (although they had a link within that that also went to the AFT proposed reg for comments there as well. The FPC email I also shared in this thread has a link at the bottom for "SavetheBraces.com" which also has separate links to both the Federal Registry and the AFT site. The FPC give guidelines such as be polite, make sure you use the AFT Reg #, etc., or the ATF could disregard your comment. So, if you can't comment from separate departments, they'll ignore one I suppose.
Now that being said, I don't think they'd like if I generated thousands of comments just to build up a total. My plan is to do the comment from GOA that went to the ATF comment site, and I'll write my own to the Justice Department (although I'm sure AG Garland will probably delete it anyways :p).

It was a tightrope walk. You try to express your concerns without coming off as threatening or anarchistic. The worst part, leaving my name and address. Now they know right where to go.
I hear you, but I feel we all need (all gun owners), to stand up and tell them we are fed up at this government overreach. Besides, in my case they only have to peruse my posts on this forum. From this, they can find me with no problem. 🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ :LOL: 🤣

I hear you, but I feel we all need (all gun owners), to stand up and tell them we are fed up at this government overreach. Besides, in my case they only have to peruse my posts on this forum. From this, they can find me with no problem. 🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ :LOL: 🤣

Attachments

• raw.gif
    raw.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 160
My biggest concern, i have a wife and dogs who mean everything to me. So did Randy Weaver. I'm in a suburb not Ruby Ridge Idaho, but i don't think they care. They would spin it to the news as I'm a crackpot with an arsenal and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

My biggest concern, i have a wife and dogs who mean everything to me. So did Randy Weaver. I'm in a suburb not Ruby Ridge Idaho, but i don't think they care. They would spin it to the news as I'm a crackpot with an arsenal and thousands of rounds of ammunition.
Totally understandable. That’s the reason my internet content is extremely limited. I am not particularly comfortable posting pictures of my stuff.
The fact is though if the government wants to come after you personally they already have all the tools they need. You bought that ammo with a credit card. Or used PayPal to buy those plate carriers. You have multiple 4473s sitting in gun stores all over the place.
The oft repeated mantra “ if it’s time to hide them, it’s time to use them” is ridiculous internet bravado and would only serve to get you killed, possibly your kid, wife and dog killed and result in no net gain with regards to your rights. Best bet is to have a better plan in place that doesn’t involve a stand off with the feds. Not real hard to come up with one if you think about it. After all, the reason we are passionate about retaining our arms is to protect ourselves and others from death or bodily injury. Not to advance a cause or be a national story on CNN.
That being the case, the mission is to retain that ability, not necessarily that legal right.

Back