testtest

Comments now Opened to ATF on Pistol Braced Gun Ban

Jumping back to this. May I purchase another AR pistol now, disassemble the upper and lower, file for a Form 1 on the lower and wait. Then reassemble with stock once it’s approved?
You could always buy a separate upper later for you future SBR's dedicated caliber. When you file you will need to list the dedicated caliber the SBR will shoot though you can swap uppers and caliber interchangeably but the SBR should be stored with the list caliber upper.

What are y’all’s thought on buying a bull pup rifle?
The same maneuverability as a pistol platform or sbr without the headache and limitations that come with sbr. I had started with a saint in mind , but then began looking at Daniel defense or build a bcm sbr. My thoughts are : At these price levels of those two then the additional 200 tax stamp and the restrictions in travel and wading through the bureaucratic red tape, I might as well drop my 2 grand on a bull pup and be done with it.

Last edited:
The same maneuverability as a pistol platform or sbr without the headache and limitations that come with sbr. I had started with a saint in mind , but then began looking at Daniel defense or build a bcm sbr. My thoughts are : At these price levels of those two then the additional 200 tax stamp and the restrictions in travel and wading through the bureaucratic red tape, I might as well drop my 2 grand on a bull pup and be done with it.
I have a Styer AUG, and is a fantastic gun, but it does not have the modularity like an AR15 platform. Extended rails, bipod, lasers, lights etc are harder to do on an AUG based on limited rail and replacement rail area., which is also more expense.

my SBR on the other hand is a tinker toy and well worth the $200 NFA stamp

I have a Styer AUG, and is a fantastic gun, but it does not have the modularity like an AR15 platform. Extended rails, bipod, lasers, lights etc are harder to do on an AUG based on limited rail and replacement rail area., which is also more expense.

my SBR on the other hand is a tinker toy and well worth the $200 NFA stamp

I don’t run lots of add on items to my current rifle lineup. This will be primarily a beside the bed or in home defense tool. I’ll be adding a light and that’s about it.
It appears the IWI X95 has the ability to accept limited items. I don’t know much else about the rifles other than a few YouTube reviews.
Additionally, I don’t mind the initial paperwork or money. The problem is we do quite a bit of interstate travel. My wife’s family in TN and SC.The paperwork and time needed is a huge barrier for us.

Last edited:
I recently sold my X95, honestly, behind the cool factor of it being something different, it was an inferior gun to a well made AR.

It wasn't as accurate, it has limited after market upgrades, it isn't ambidextrous to allow left or right handed people to shoot it without being pelted with brass, you're hunched a bit bringing the gun to your shoulder compared to an AR, you have to do that to get proper eye relief with the iron sights or optic, and of course it has no adjustable stock.

It wasn't worth the money at the end of the day, so I sold it and put the money toward building a belt fed AR, I bought a Fightlite MCR upper.

I recently sold my X95, honestly, behind the cool factor of it being something different, it was an inferior gun to a well made AR.

It wasn't as accurate, it has limited after market upgrades, it isn't ambidextrous to allow left or right handed people to shoot it without being pelted with brass, you're hunched a bit bringing the gun to your shoulder compared to an AR, you have to do that to get proper eye relief with the iron sights or optic, and of course it has no adjustable stock.

It wasn't worth the money at the end of the day, so I sold it and put the money toward building a belt fed AR, I bought a Fightlite MCR upper.
The X95 IS ambidextrous. You have to buy a left handed bolt. The IDF tested the Tavor against the M16 and M4 and it beat them out. I'm not sure that would be the case with the X95 though. I think the primary reason for the Tavor is the shorter length for CQB while retaining the muzzle velocity of a typical length rifle.

The X95 IS ambidextrous. You have to buy a left handed bolt. The IDF tested the Tavor against the M16 and M4 and it beat them out. I'm not sure that would be the case with the X95 though. I think the primary reason for the Tavor is the shorter length for CQB while retaining the muzzle velocity of a typical length rifle.
You have to buy the X95 in the left handed configuration or ship a right handed configuration to IWI to modify for $100 plus shipping. Either way the setup is dedicated to a left or right handed shooter.

The Tavor 7, their 308 weapon, is a true ambidextrous weapon that can rotate the BCG to extract left or right in about a minute of effort.

As for muzzle velocity, I’m not sure there’s that great lethality difference between a 10 inch barrel and 16 inch barrel in a close quarters setting.

But what was really frustrating was that beyond 25 yards groupings were really broad with the X95, and the only after market triggers by Geissele and Timney were a fraction of the fast split times that those companies provide for AR platforms.

I'll have to take your word for it since I have never handled one. I was going by this from IWI's website.

"Like its predecessor the TAR-21, the X95 is 100% ambidextrous to right or left hand operation with the optional opposite hand bolt."

It’s a robust weapon, hearty and has a cool factor, sort of a hybrid of an AR and an AK mechanically.

it is convertible to a left or right handed shooter for a fee, but you can’t do it yourself or with a local gunsmith, and it isn’t free from IWI.

But it is not a natural thing to pick up if you train with other weapons, it has to be your primary weapon to be anything other than a range toy.

It’s a robust weapon, hearty and has a cool factor, sort of a hybrid of an AR and an AK mechanically.

But it is not a natural thing to pick up if you train with other weapons, it has to be your primary weapon to be anything other than a range toy.
I looked at a Sar and the Galeil. Never gave them too serious of consideration though. Not that I am not an Israeli weapon fan boy, cuz I am, but at the present time I am having a blast ( literally) putting together ghetto ARs using PSA and BCA and Anderson uppers and lowers. Hey they all run like a monkey on fire.

I looked at a Sar and the Galeil. Never gave them too serious of consideration though. Not that I am not an Israeli weapon fan boy, cuz I am, but at the present time I am having a blast ( literally) putting together ghetto ARs using PSA and BCA and Anderson uppers and lowers. Hey they all run like a monkey on fire.
I built a belt fed AR I'm fine tuning to get humming with a special trigger.

I'm going to use the spring out of a German MG34 in the buffer to give it the extra oomph to strip bullets from belt links and have energy left to ram into battery.

Still in the air as far as i know. AFT is allegedly afforded the time to review comments. Bottom line, if they modify definitions or reevaluate existing standards, they will be taken to court. It could be to our advantage or could bite us in the backside.

Today, I came across NSSF's comment letter on the Pistol Brace proposal, to the acting Director of BATFE. Long comment and read, but they make some very interesting points.

Thanks for posting info Bet7.
Letter was written by someone very level headed and considerate of the facts involved. Very good and valid points made. - Let's hope it's read and comprehended by others with the same levels in government.

Back