testtest

Commifornia's next level misguided gun law

Funwithfuel

Custom
Founding Member

I don't know how legitimate of a news source this is. It does seem plausible considering where it's occurring. Near me, in Crook county, they have a "per round" tax on center fire ammunition and a healthy "per firearm " tax. Allegedly to offset the cost that the county hospitals lose annually due to "gun violence " I believe it's a nickel per round and $25 per firearm on top of already the highest state and county tax combined in the midwest.
Beware this trend coming to a leftist city near you.

I don't know how legitimate of a news source this is. It does seem plausible considering where it's occurring. Near me, in Crook county, they have a "per round" tax on center fire ammunition and a healthy "per firearm " tax. Allegedly to offset the cost that the county hospitals lose annually due to "gun violence " I believe it's a nickel per round and $25 per firearm on top of already the highest state and county tax combined in the midwest.
Beware this trend coming to a leftist city near you.
Ouch!
On ammo, maybe time to start reloading if haven't already?

There's the rub, constitutionally, they're not limiting or restricting, so they're legal. They're taxing, with twisted justification. Just like cigarettes or alcohol. They can tax what they want. The government has taxed things out of existence. You just have to have deeper pockets and meaner lawyers. None of us, independently, have that. That's why we all have to band together. Unity gives strength.

There's the rub, constitutionally, they're not limiting or restricting, so they're legal. They're taxing, with twisted justification. Just like cigarettes or alcohol. They can tax what they want. The government has taxed things out of existence. You just have to have deeper pockets and meaner lawyers. None of us, independently, have that. That's why we all have to band together. Unity gives strength.
You cannot put extra sin taxes on constitutionally protected rights. Read Heller.

This will never be enacted. It will be struck down before it’s implemented.

You cannot put extra sin taxes on constitutionally protected rights. Read Heller.

This will never be enacted. It will be struck down before it’s implemented.
Am thinking you're right for the most part ....and ammo and firearms shouldn't be legally allowed to be taxed? They are rights not to be infringed. Taxes are infringements.

But, there are other some other taxes allowed and mostly agreed to like ones for the preservation of animal wildlife.

Am thinking you're right for the most part ....and ammo and firearms shouldn't be legally allowed to be taxed? They are rights not to be infringed. Taxes are infringements.

But, there are other some other taxes allowed and mostly agreed to like ones for the preservation of animal wildlife.
"they" can hit up all the LGS's for "storage taxes" on anything like ammo, cleaning supplies, etc.

no telling how many things they can add a tax (or fee) to.

"they" can hit up all the LGS's for "storage taxes" on anything like ammo, cleaning supplies, etc.

no telling how many things they can add a tax (or fee) to.
If governments always worked for the general good of and for all peoples rights instead of against them, we'd all likely have fewer problems? Penalizing rarely creates nothing but other problems and other issues. For example, look at Prohibition and The War on Drugs? Some may be never ending signs of nothing more but their own job security?
Involving their own personal liability on those issues may help solve that? Maybe more intelligent thoughts put into issues or less idiots running for public office then?

If governments always worked for the general good of and for all peoples rights instead of against them, we'd all likely have fewer problems? Penalizing rarely creates nothing but other problems and other issues. For example, look at Prohibition and The War on Drugs? Some may be never ending signs of nothing more but their own job security?
Involving their own personal liability on those issues may help solve that? Maybe more intelligent thoughts put into issues or less idiots running for public office then?
thing is, someone always votes those idiots into office, and many others, that CAN vote, stay home that day.

"...how much they’ll charge gun owners each year as the cost will be determined after an academic study calculates how much gun violence costs the city. The mayor’s office recently estimated its costs at around $442 million every year."

🤔 Pure speculation, but does that translate to mean the "academic study" calculates how much and where the income from the tax ($42mil?!) will be diverted towards pay increases/retirement benefits for local officials, or special programs?

Somehow, if passed, those specific tax monies need to be tracked to the penny, and as soon as one cent of it is diverted elsewhere from it's intended use, that person (or multiple persons) responsible are indicted for misappropriation of funds, and intent to fraud the taxpayers.

Last edited:
"...how much they’ll charge gun owners each year as the cost will be determined after an academic study calculates how much gun violence costs the city. The mayor’s office recently estimated its costs at around $442 million every year."

🤔 Does that translate to mean the "academic study" calculates how much and where the income from the tax ($42mil?!) will be diverted towards pay increases/retirement benefits for local officials?
that's exactly what'll happen, the monies diverted to other causes....

From another news source:

"...San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo suggested the new annual fine will likely be "a couple dozen dollars," and claimed insurers assured the city that firearms owners adding gun liability coverage to existing policies would cost the affected citizens little or nothing."

From another news source:

"...San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo suggested the new annual fine will likely be "a couple dozen dollars," and claimed insurers assured the city that firearms owners adding gun liability coverage to existing policies would cost the affected citizens little or nothing."

Read this also on Fox, all I can say is Wow, guess there is no limits on how far they want to go to blame the law abiding instead of the criminal….

Simply put: Isn't the same as tobacco or alcohol. 2nd Amendment says no infringements. Taxes are infringements.

Yes, but the right to smoke tobacco or consume alcohol is not a right that the Constitution has specifically granted. To all of us the 2nd Amendment is pretty clear. Those that don't agree probably also think the Earth is really flat!
Exactly what was attempting to point out to some others who don't understand the difference....is a huge one.
Some things I take very seriously, that's one of them.

Exactly what was attempting to point out to some others who don't understand the difference....is a huge one.
Some things I take very seriously, that's one of them.
Dude, yer preaching to the choir. Not one her among us disagrees, taxation is an infringement. But, I'm telling, the precedent has been set. It needs to be challenged in the appropriate courts. Here, in the PRO Illinois, it'll never happen. We have folks suing the state police for dragging their heels on another infringement, our FOIDS. Im currently at 280 days waiting for something that shouldn't take longer than 90.

Dude, yer preaching to the choir. Not one her among us disagrees, taxation is an infringement. But, I'm telling, the precedent has been set. It needs to be challenged in the appropriate courts. Here, in the PRO Illinois, it'll never happen. We have folks suing the state police for dragging their heels on another infringement, our FOIDS. Im currently at 280 days waiting for something that shouldn't take longer than 90.

"Dude, yer preaching to the choir. Not one her among us disagrees, taxation is an infringement."

I see what you're saying, but?
Possibly, to a degree. Likely most of us here do agree, but some people still don't fully realize the differences.

And, like many of us here also likely know and sometimes forget, there are also others that can and do read these posts and statements besides members. Some comments posted here go a long ways besides to just members? Don't log in sometime and see for yourself?

Back