testtest

Commifornia's next level misguided gun law

Not one criminal is going to be paying once cent for the retribution of their crimes. This will all be non-criminals paying for the cost of "gun violence" as the perpetrators most likely can't legally posses firearms. I would also think, if this is to cover violence, it's retribution which could be an infringement on Due Process as called out in the 5th.

I don't know how legitimate of a news source this is. It does seem plausible considering where it's occurring. Near me, in Crook county, they have a "per round" tax on center fire ammunition and a healthy "per firearm " tax. Allegedly to offset the cost that the county hospitals lose annually due to "gun violence " I believe it's a nickel per round and $25 per firearm on top of already the highest state and county tax combined in the midwest.
Beware this trend coming to a leftist city near you.
We in central Illinois also contribute the that communist crooked tax.
At least that is what our local gun shop has stated numerous times.

BobM said:

Ouch!
On ammo, maybe time to start reloading if haven't already?
Components are also taxed is my understanding.

A gun tax might be eventually ruled unconstitutional, but what happens if San Jose calls it a fee and not a tax? Would that make a difference in the constitutionality of such a law.
i think so. where i live, we have so many danged fee's on just about everything. and each time a fee is imposed, the argument is, "well it's a fee, not a tax", from those that tack it onto us.

next, will be a fee to breathe the air.

i think so. where i live, we have so many danged fee's on just about everything. and each time a fee is imposed, the argument is, "well it's a fee, not a tax", from those that tack it onto us.

next, will be a fee to breathe the air.
"...next, will be a fee to breathe the air."

Reminds me of my dad's statement whenever he had to air-up a tire at the gas station:

"One day they'll probably charge up for this."

🤔 How many Quarters does it take to use those air machines at the gas station now?

A gun tax might be eventually ruled unconstitutional, but what happens if San Jose calls it a fee and not a tax? Would that make a difference in the constitutionality of such a law.
probably but the rational counter is "lets charge a fee to vote". "let's make you go to some training before you vote". We should hold people accountable if the people they elect screw the country up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"...next, will be a fee to breathe the air."

Reminds me of my dad's statement whenever he had to air-up a tire at the gas station:

"One day they'll probably charge up for this."

🤔 How many Quarters does it take to use those air machines at the gas station now?
that's funny, cuz back in my youth, i did work in gas stations as a mechanic. i had one boss get really ticked off, at the people who would drive over the air line, cuz the last idiot did not hang it up, and i'd have to cut, splice it. he would say, "i wish i could charge them for the air, cuz the air compressor is eating up the electricity, and i gotta give it away for free".

then some consumer rights group, fought the service stations because they started charging for air. then somehow, the law was amended to charge for the air, due to the costs to the gas stations overall operating expenses..

that's funny, cuz back in my youth, i did work in gas stations as a mechanic. i had one boss get really ticked off, at the people who would drive over the air line, cuz the last idiot did not hang it up, and i'd have to cut, splice it. he would say, "i wish i could charge them for the air, cuz the air compressor is eating up the electricity, and i gotta give it away for free".

then some consumer rights group, fought the service stations because they started charging for air. then somehow, the law was amended to charge for the air, due to the costs to the gas stations overall operating expenses..
There's some places around here that don't charge for air. Fuel prices are same in most given areas anyways. Usually frequent those places whether get air there or not and drive past the rest that charge for air. A small portable AC/12VDC air compressor is easier and better. Same with windshield washer solvent and worn brittle squeegies. If solvent's filthy and windows look worse after cleaning, avoid those places in future as well. Carrying own squirt bottle and squeegee works. Very few gas stations have any kind of real service anymore. At other places? Will not use self service check out lines either. Puts more people out of work. Guess am a bit stuborn on some things? :)

There's some places around here that don't charge for air. Fuel prices are same in most given areas anyways. Usually frequent those places whether get air there or not and drive past the rest that charge for air. A small portable AC/12VDC air compressor is easier and better. Same with windshield washer solvent and worn brittle squeegies. If solvent's filthy and windows look worse after cleaning, avoid those places in future as well. Carrying own squirt bottle and squeegee works. Very few gas stations have any kind of real service anymore. At other places? Will not use self service check out lines either. Puts more people out of work. Guess am a bit stuborn on some things? :)
well here for me is not California where i am sure the prices are over $4 a gallon by now.

i actually have my own 14 gallon air compressor, and at least once per month, i check all the cars that i have for proper inflation.

i simply hate self serve cashing out as well. i want some one to cash me out, and load the bags.

but given how things are, with wages, union or not, people are not flocking for jobs.

worst thing to have ever done was to "reward" people to stay home.

26 weeks of unemployment, then ONE extension of that, then get your butt back to work.

How about confiscating the criminal's property and selling it off to cover the costs rather than taxing the innocent citizen?
Am pretty sure know what you mean and likely agree, but becoming a "criminal" may soon be anyone just looking at any gun on display if some people have their way? Yes, am being a little sarcastic, but being a criminal in some peoples eyes are almost anyone who owns firearms.

As an example, think about a hoodie for a minute, how many people are "hoods" or crooks who wear them, but the image lives on for some people bamboozled by media stereo type casting of crime and crooks wearing them? Is everyone who wears a hoodie dishonest? Of course not! ...Well, maybe? :) The damage media sometimes does is in some instances is just as bad, possibly worse than criminal?

well here for me is not California where i am sure the prices are over $4 a gallon by now.

i actually have my own 14 gallon air compressor, and at least once per month, i check all the cars that i have for proper inflation.

i simply hate self serve cashing out as well. i want some one to cash me out, and load the bags.

but given how things are, with wages, union or not, people are not flocking for jobs.

worst thing to have ever done was to "reward" people to stay home.

26 weeks of unemployment, then ONE extension of that, then get your butt back to work.
What fer, why work? Make more sitting on their dead a$$ watching stupid quiz shows n drinkin.

Am pretty sure know what you mean and likely agree, but becoming a "criminal" may soon be anyone just looking at any gun on display if some people have their way? Yes, am being a little sarcastic, but being a criminal in some peoples eyes are almost anyone who owns firearms.

As an example, think about a hoodie for a minute, how many people are "hoods" or crooks who wear them, but the image lives on for some people bamboozled by media stereo type casting of crime and crooks wearing them? Is everyone who wears a hoodie dishonest? Of course not! ...Well, maybe? :) The damage media sometimes does is in some instances is just as bad, possibly worse than criminal?
Kinda like the fiasco the firefighter had. Ruined reputation, huge legal expenses, lost weapons, all for inflated charges over something that was maybe purchased but legal when allegedly purchased. But we're all just paranoid, the feds aren't against us, no. They won't shoot our wife and dog this time, right?!

Kinda like the fiasco the firefighter had. Ruined reputation, huge legal expenses, lost weapons, all for inflated charges over something that was maybe purchased but legal when allegedly purchased. But we're all just paranoid, the feds aren't against us, no. They won't shoot our wife and dog this time, right?!

Did you notice in that story they said he had an M4 ? How much you wanna bet it wasn't an M4, but just an AR-15 ?

The problem with that whole deal , they tried to classify the cap for the rear of a glock the same as an autosear. They claimed he had in his possession, a machine gun. They asked him through council to surrender his machinegun(s). To which, what machine gun?
This falls right into possession by intent. You own a 14" upper therefore you own an SBR. You own a stainless piece of metal with the drawing of an autosear, $15 on line, therefore you possess a class 3 unregistered machinegun. So by that theory, you own a 3D printer, so you must be in possession of (whatever they imagine) and it's your duty to prove you had no intent. It's flat out BS and overreach. It's misrepresenting their case to a judge for unlawful search and seizure so they can go fishing, then go to the same judge the following morning asking to expand the scope of investigation to allow for inclusion of evidence. But, we're paranoid. It's all a conspiracy theory cooked up by crackpots. Yeah. Ok.

Back