testtest

compensator on RDP HellCat

Turn the comp back about 1/2 turn from where it doesnt “lock on” and reengage with your fingernail the latch. If its not lined up at the stop point, rotate 1/2 turn and it should lock on
Thanks Killer. Yes, I did back it off and made sure it was aligned with the groove on the barrel but the latch doesn't seat in the groove. Possibly the spring isn't strong enough on the latch. ?

With the comp off you should be able to look inside it on the threads on the bottom side and see the locking pin mechanism. It could be a bad spring not pushing it out or have some dirt in it preventing it from coming out. The barrel has nothing but a slot on the bottom side in the threads for the locking pin to engage. Until you can get the locking pin to come out it won't lock.

Actually, I just looked, there isn't a locking pin it's the other end of the locking lever. Pretty simple design. Is the locking lever moving at all?

Screenshot_20220117-191829_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

You are not far enough back, push the locking lever in further and go a couple more turns. The first time taking it off my first time I could not figure it out. But after pushing in the lever it turned a couple more times allowing the locking lever into the groove.

Thanks Killer. Yes, I did back it off and made sure it was aligned with the groove on the barrel but the latch doesn't seat in the groove. Possibly the spring isn't strong enough on the latch. ?
Thanks again Killer. One has to push the locking lever in sharply with a fingernail and push harder toward the muzzle.
Got it. Thank you for your help.

Thanks Hans. Yes I did read the instructions and had success several times but the latch quit locking positively in the groove on the barrel.
Thank you Hans. No debris or anything and read instructions but one has to push the locking lever in with a fingernail and really depress it with firm pressure toward the muzzle to get the compensator as far toward the muzzle as possible.
Got it. Thank you for your help.

I actually fumbled with it for 30 minutes and felt really dumb trying to figure out how to screw it in. I took it apart to finally see what was going on.

Back