testtest

Concealed Carry Handguns: 11 Top Picks for any Shooter

Well, they did say nice things about most of their advertisers...

That being said...there’s really no horrible picks. The Bond Bullpup is intriguing, though—fired one of the Boberg made ones when they first came out...it’s a neat little pistol, but not for everyone.

Not nearly as bad as some lists like this I’ve seen.

Is it just me, or is there anyone else out there that just doesn't care for the look of the G19X? I fully admit that I have never had one in my hand, but from the look of it, I wouldn't want to. It just doesn't look very "balanced" to me.

Is it just me, or is there anyone else out there that just doesn't care for the look of the G19X? I fully admit that I have never had one in my hand, but from the look of it, I wouldn't want to. It just doesn't look very "balanced" to me.

It’s very well balanced...kinda like a Combat Commander 1911, or a XD 3.8...full size grip, compact slide, all the weight is in the grip.

I had one briefly, but traded it off.

It’s very well balanced...kinda like a Combat Commander 1911, or a XD 3.8...full size grip, compact slide, all the weight is in the grip.

I had one briefly, but traded it off.
I wouldnt think it would be as Glock should know better. I have a 19 that I am perfectly fine with.
Why did you decide to get rid of it if you don't mind me asking?

I wouldnt think it would be as Glock should know better. I have a 19 that I am perfectly fine with.
Why did you decide to get rid of it if you don't mind me asking?

I got it in a trade; I really wasn’t interested in one, but monetarily, it favored me...so I got it, tried it, decided I didn’t want it (basically, besides capacity? It didn’t do anything that my VP9‘s already did...). It got traded for, iirc, my PSA AR10.

I buy/sell/trade guns all the time...A lot of stuff crosses my path, often briefly.

I agree jmcd. My buddy salesman at the LGS said I need to get one (he eventually did). It didn't appeal to me. I have the G19 and have now migrated to more compact sizes (3"-3.7" bbls) for concealed carry.

I have a few on the list. All calibers of the S&W PC Shields, the G43 and the SA XDe (.45). I also have the Walther CCP M2 in 9mm. I like the way it feels, but at the range I had several FtFs and FtEs. I searched several forums and found this was a fairly common occurance, with most attributing to different brands of ammo that worked well and others that didn't. I noticed that the ammo I was using that day, was a brand that caused/had several failures. I'll try again with some ammo that was listed as good to work with the CCP. It's a shame, it's a nice little pistol, but I wouldn't risk my life on carrying it. I can't speak for the Walther CCP M2 380 acp, as I've not fired one nor read anything pro or con about it.

The only one on the list I currently own is a Walther PPK...but definitely not the one on their list, as that’s a PPK/S, not a PPK.

I’ve owned several of them, though...PC Shield (twice), 340PD (too much of a good thing...hard to control with actual magnums), G19X...that’s all that struck me as I read the list.

It is an interesting read, but I put very little trust in paid journalists.
If I want any input on a purchase or any info on firearms or equipment I will ask members such as yourself's that actually carry and use your stuff on a daily basis and will not hold back if it is junk.
I have not had buyers remorse yet.

Not a terrible list however not one H&K? The P30sk has a great sub compac size and one of the most comfortable grips. The new VP9 has a 17 round mag and is optic ready. Both are as reliable as rocks. Then I have to ask about the exclusion of the Sig P365 and SA Hellcat? All four of these handguns could easily replace some of the ones listed.

Not a terrible list however not one H&K? The P30sk has a great sub compac size and one of the most comfortable grips. The new VP9 has a 17 round mag and is optic ready. Both are as reliable as rocks. Then I have to ask about the exclusion of the Sig P365 and SA Hellcat? All four of these handguns could easily replace some of the ones listed.
I don't own one, but was also surprised not to see the Hellcat listed. Didn't notice, but was the article written before the Hellcat came out possibly?

Well, they did say nice things about most of their advertisers...

That being said...there’s really no horrible picks. The Bond Bullpup is intriguing, though—fired one of the Boberg made ones when they first came out...it’s a neat little pistol, but not for everyone.

Not nearly as bad as some lists like this I’ve seen.

My wife carries a Boberg and would not change. I have shot it and it is very fast to draw and shoot accurately. I can shoot it faster than my long-carried XDs or my newly acquired Hellcat. All the negative reviews are based around the fact the gun won't work with certain ammo. It loves Winchester white box for practice and Federal Hydra Shocks for carry and we have almost 10,000 rounds through the gun with only the recommended spring replacement at 5,000 rounds.

One of the things she, and several of her girlfriends love is the ease of racking the slide. Two of her girlfriends are now packing Bond Bullpups after shooting her Boberg.

Back