testtest

Concealed Carry in a Fanny Pack — Good CCW Idea or Not?

IMG_1863.jpegIMG_1864.jpeg
It’s what I use now for my Ruger Max-9 Pro

I do not have a dedicated fanny pack but I do have Uncle Mike's pistol pac. Fits on a seperate belt and works pretty well. Have not carried my primary handgun in it yet but have used it extensively when carrying a backup, often to arm my wife.

It works nice it even has an internal velcro compartment for the handgun. You can unzip the pac ahead of time and all you have to do is rip open the velcro and draw. I would not hesitate to use it in the future.

20230618_114158.jpg

I have a dedicated gun fanny pack around here somewhere. I bought it years ago when I did a good bit of hiking. Mine even had a quick tear away zipper. Just grab the tab and pull.
The thing with fanny packs is that don't stay still. They tend to move around as your body moves. So you end up constantly adjusting the thing as you walk. Plus, you feel the weight of the gun shift with every step. I much prefer a solid OWB holster. I haven't used that fanny pack in many years. :rolleyes:

Back when everybody wore fanny packs they were quite incognito, today not so much.
I bought two from bagmaster as well as two pistol bags with handles. They were out of St. Louis, I called them several years ago to get some more and the informed me they no longer sell the to the public. Now they only sell them to major buyers as in you must buy thousand. I asked who so I could buy from one of their buyers, boy was I ever disappointed in the "new" quality, my old original bags were 100x better in every way.
Sad☹️

For me in a word……..
NO
Fumbling with a zipper and even Velcro is not something I want to do if I need my firearm to protect myself, significant other or others.

Also for me…….
If I can’t carry in a holster on my belt and go someplace then I evaluate wether I really need to go there.

And honestly I’m not going to comment on the over 50 reference made in another post.

Tried one long ago but wasn't too "concealed" enough for my liking... about 15 years ago or so I ran into this "Thunderwear"; loved it so much I'm on my 3rd, they last a long time, but Velcro gets weak over time... always wear it. Great for gym, exercise or around house clothing. Wearing shorts and a T and no one knows I'm armed, just how I like it.

thunder.jpg

I don’t see the point of a Fanny pack. You’re going to lose your Man Card if you wear one, so what does that leave safe to keep safe in the Fanny pack? That’s why God invented cargo pants.

Btw, as a lot of you know, I originally hail from England. I use to have a saucy aunt who used to like to joke with the boys that she once drove a Japanese car called an Ichifanny!

I don’t see the point of a Fanny pack. You’re going to lose your Man Card if you wear one, so what does that leave safe to keep safe in the Fanny pack? That’s why God invented cargo pants.

Btw, as a lot of you know, I originally hail from England. I use to have a saucy aunt who used to like to joke with the boys that she once drove a Japanese car called an Ichifanny!
1687138243992.jpeg

1687141165950.jpeg

Back