testtest

Could deer hunters with modern day rifles have made a difference at the Alamo?

Snipers are force multipliers. The muskets used by the Mexicans had an effective range of 50 yda at best. A few marksmen with modern rifles would be demoralizing for the eneny. Employed properly a few marksmen could decimate the officers and cadre and put them in disarray and panic.

Shoot yeah, hunters could pick them suckers off like flies before they even got in range.
Snipers are force multipliers. The muskets used by the Mexicans had an effective range of 50 yda at best. A few marksmen with modern rifles would be demoralizing for the eneny. Employed properly a few marksmen could decimate the officers and cadre and put them in disarray and panic.
Think we said the same thing but mine was the cretin version.

He still would have F’ed it up. He was an arrogant moron.

If I had a Time Machine I’d go back to 1840 with crates full of scoped BARs and give them to the Indians.
Go back further and stop all from
1716640292112.png

Cretins are good at discouraging our enemies. This is an interesting academic exercise but not all that practical. What if Custer had BAR's and M2's?
Heck, what if he’d just brought the darn Gatling guns with him instead of leaving them behind…. ‘Course he had an Ego as big as all outdoors. In those days, the smartest grads from the Point became Engineers, the next brightest, Artillery, then came Infantry, and finally Cavalry…

Heck, what if he’d just brought the darn Gatling guns with him instead of leaving them behind…. ‘Course he had an Ego as big as all outdoors. In those days, the smartest grads from the Point became Engineers, the next brightest, Artillery, then came Infantry, and finally Cavalry…
Gatling gun wouldn’t have saved him brother. They knew he was coming and had him outnumbered 15-1. His arrogance and lack of actual skill cost him and his men’s lives.

Gatling gun wouldn’t have saved him brother. They knew he was coming and had him outnumbered 15-1. His arrogance and lack of actual skill cost him and his men’s lives.
He was the very definition of arrogance-let’s see, go out to face a vastly superior number of the enemy, divide your already badly outnumbered forces, AND leave your weapons with the greatest firepower at home….what could possibly go wrong🙄

I think it's been determined he was under the impression the opposing force was far smaller in number than actual. He was unaware that three nations had come together on the banks of the 'Little Big Horn'.

On edit: That's not to say he was not an arrogant azz, he was! He was also vindictive and insistant on proving himself due to his being reduced in rank from what he wore during the civil war to what he wore during the plain's Indian wars.

I think it's been determined he was under the impression the opposing force was far smaller in number than actual. He was unaware that three nations had come together on the banks of the 'Little Big Horn'.

On edit: That's not to say he was not an arrogant azz, he was! He was also vindictive and insistant on proving himself due to his being reduced in rank from what he wore during the civil war to what he wore during the plain's Indian wars.
Nope. His scout Bloody Knife and others warned him. In fact lookout hill, where he spotted the encampment himself from is 14 miles away. How big do you think that camp had t be to be seen easily from 14 miles away ?

I would like to see where you got the information that it has been determined what Custer was thinking though if you have a source ?

Nope. His scout Bloody Knife and others warned him. In fact lookout hill, where he spotted the encampment himself from is 14 miles away. How big do you think that camp had t be to be seen easily from 14 miles away ?

I would like to see where you got the information that it has been determined what Custer was thinking though if you have a source ?
LOL! Man, I'm 77 yrs old and have held that info as true and correct for more years than I can even remember, or care to remember. Where I learned it is totally lost to the past. However, now that you've questioned it, I'll see if I can do a little research just to satisfy myself. (y)

Cretins are good at discouraging our enemies. This is an interesting academic exercise but not all that practical. What if Custer had BAR's and M2's?
Actually, Custer had more than BAR's
He had three Model 1866 .50-caliber, six-barreled Gatling guns.
Custer decided, Naaaaa we don't need them Gatling Guns, besides they will slow us down.

Back