testtest

Could this really happen?

I call BS. For one our local jab and go's do not even write down your name as getting a shot. As a matter of fact the places make an extreme effort to make you understand that your CARD is the ONLY piece of paper that has the info and if you ever lose it you cannot come back to them to get another WITHOUT getting the whole vaccination all over again. No to mention all those that got vaccinated all said the very same thing "you fill out your own card and put the place you got the shot/shots at". I've seen more than a dozen of the cards locally and none of them have a doctor's name on them or a doctor that signed it. All they have is your name and the brand name of the shot filled out the card and in some instances even crossed out and respelled something and put like Walgreens. There's nobody at Walgreens that fills out the card for you and signs it as a local pharmacist or anything to that effect in my area.

I call BS. For one our local jab and go's do not even write down your name as getting a shot. As a matter of fact the places make an extreme effort to make you understand that your CARD is the ONLY piece of paper that has the info and if you ever lose it you cannot come back to them to get another WITHOUT getting the whole vaccination all over again. No to mention all those that got vaccinated all said the very same thing "you fill out your own card and put the place you got the shot/shots at". I've seen more than a dozen of the cards locally and none of them have a doctor's name on them or a doctor that signed it. All they have is your name and the brand name of the shot filled out the card and in some instances even crossed out and respelled something and put like Walgreens. There's nobody at Walgreens that fills out the card for you and signs it as a local pharmacist or anything to that effect in my area.
They wrote my name down. They also took my insurance information. Everyone I know that was vaccinated too.

Here in central Virginia the health district I live in ran a vaccination event for several weeks. I had to go online to register. They sent me an email that gave me a date and time. I went, signed in, and was out of there in about 20 minutes with a card that the person who gave me the shot initialed and dated. It seems that this process was not standardized across the country.

Man, when they did us here at the asylum, they had one person doing the jabbing, one asking us for all the pertinent info and entering the info onto the "CDC" approved and provided card, and one doing the data entry into a computer data base. Then when all the hoopla was over, the one doing the data entry also printed out a little sticker with all that info on it and applied it to the back of the CDC approved card showing the vaccine type, the provider, vaccine lot, dates for each dose, and all the personal info such as DOB, and date of shots. It was a pretty well organized and controlled situation. I was actually impressed with the professionalism and completeness of the whole thing. It was all organized very well for the whole 300+- of us inmates here.

The original card was a heavy paper much like an old fashioned post card, about 4" X 6". Since they impressed us to keep them in a safe place, we chose the house safe. Then the news started carrying reports of some places and gov't leaders requiring you show them ("show me your papers".... damn I hate that) so I decided to make a copy, scaled down enough to fit in my wallet and using a lighter printer paper weight.

Now that I'm hearing of all the goddam counterfeit forms coming onto the scene, likely my copies won't be accepted as originals anywhere. I'm really glad we were able to get the vaccines, but I hate the sorry SOB's who would cause all the indecision and misunderstandings. It's not for me to decide for others whether to take it or not, but I have a real issue with those who would make it more confusing than necessary for those who chose to do so. (y)(y)(y)

This is definitely not standardized across the country. It makes me just shake my head.

The big push on the national news tonight was wards and wards of pregnant women. Wasn't it just several months ago they were recommending that pregnant women NOT get vaccinated? All the nurses and doctors mystified why these women wouldn't get vaccinated.
I seem to remember that push and now this flip/flop, it just seems they have just pushed and pushed extreme sensationalism back and forth.

Then you have this. If you're a foreign student and we don't like your government vaccine you must do it again here.

Last edited:
Man, when they did us here at the asylum, they had one person doing the jabbing, one asking us for all the pertinent info and entering the info onto the "CDC" approved and provided card, and one doing the data entry into a computer data base. Then when all the hoopla was over, the one doing the data entry also printed out a little sticker with all that info on it and applied it to the back of the CDC approved card showing the vaccine type, the provider, vaccine lot, dates for each dose, and all the personal info such as DOB, and date of shots. It was a pretty well organized and controlled situation. I was actually impressed with the professionalism and completeness of the whole thing. It was all organized very well for the whole 300+- of us inmates here.

The original card was a heavy paper much like an old fashioned post card, about 4" X 6". Since they impressed us to keep them in a safe place, we chose the house safe. Then the news started carrying reports of some places and gov't leaders requiring you show them ("show me your papers".... damn I hate that) so I decided to make a copy, scaled down enough to fit in my wallet and using a lighter printer paper weight.

Now that I'm hearing of all the goddam counterfeit forms coming onto the scene, likely my copies won't be accepted as originals anywhere. I'm really glad we were able to get the vaccines, but I hate the sorry SOB's who would cause all the indecision and misunderstandings. It's not for me to decide for others whether to take it or not, but I have a real issue with those who would make it more confusing than necessary for those who chose to do so. (y)(y)(y)
Don't forget to laminate ;) :ROFLMAO:

Back in the day, my wife used to be very good at making insurance cards. Good enough to fool judges. That was right after they made auto insurance mandatory ( I know I am dating myself here). We joked a few months back that we should support vaccine mandates because we could sell those cards for $50 a pop. :)

This is definitely not standardized across the country. It makes me just shake my head.

The big push on the national news tonight was wards and wards of pregnant women. Wasn't it just several months ago they were recommending that pregnant women NOT get vaccinated? All the nurses and doctors mystified why these women wouldn't get vaccinated.
I seem to remember that push and now this flip/flop, it just seems they have just pushed and pushed extreme sensationalism back and forth.

Then you have this. If you're a foreign student and we don't like your government vaccine you must do it again here.

I think that's one of the biggest issues today ..... no standardization. And why the hell not? There's absolutely no reason not to standardize since the gov't is providing all the vaccines and vaccinations. Pushing, mandating, requiring, extorting people (citizens) to get the vaccine or risk being banned, blocked, restricted, or otherwise penalized for not getting it is nutzzzz.

Yet, then we've got 10's of 1000's of those crossing our southern border and being dropped off in the dead of night into unsuspecting neighborhoods, and as high as a known 40%+ testing positive for Covid. What the hell are our elected leaders thinking? How can this 'pandemic' ever be brought under control when we have literally thousands of infected people walking around in our midst totally oblivious to the danger to others.

And what will be the impact of the new immigrants/refugees from Afghanistan be? Will they all be vaccinated before arriving in the US? Will they be mandated and required as are our citizens?

The way things look, it appears to be more a control grab over the populace and less a public health issue ...... pure and simple !!!

Like the government that sent you a SS card, but not accepted as proof if laminated.
Funny thing about that! I once needed my SS card to show for something and I couldn't find it, so I had one of those copper plated metal ones made at some dime store machine. They took it as totally legit and never questioned it.

Don't remember even why I needed it now, but since then I had located my original issued back about 1962-3. Yeh, it's my original SS card from Uncle Sam. And it's been laminated since about 1962-3 !!!!! :p:p:p

No. And I laminated mine even though it clearly says on the back " Do not laminate". Never had a problem.
I got curious ...... went back to the bedroom and dug out my old original SS card to see if I still had it. Yep, I still do and like I said it was issued way back in about 1962-3, maybe even 1961 (dang that makes me an old f-rt don't it?) Anyway, I was going to see if way back then it was printed to not laminate ..... well the damn lamination on it is so old, it has turned a deep, dark brown all the way around the edge about 3/16". So dark that whatever was printed on it can't be seen nor read these days. Oh well !!!

And to Recusant: I just saw your post about your draft card before I posted this one. Yeh, mine was issued in the 60's as well and I still have that thing too !!!

Still having these old cards begs the question ..... if I can hang on to these for all these years, why can't I hold on to a few dollars for more than a day or two????? Oh, now that I think about it, I bet I know. The wife never messes with my old cards ............ ;):rolleyes::rolleyes:

I got curious ...... went back to the bedroom and dug out my old original SS card to see if I still had it. Yep, I still do and like I said it was issued way back in about 1962-3, maybe even 1961 (dang that makes me an old f-rt don't it?) Anyway, I was going to see if way back then it was printed to not laminate ..... well the damn lamination on it is so old, it has turned a deep, dark brown all the way around the edge about 3/16". So dark that whatever was printed on it can't be seen nor read these days. Oh well !!!

And to Recusant: I just saw your post about your draft card before I posted this one. Yeh, mine was issued in the 60's as well and I still have that thing too !!!

Still having these old cards begs the question ..... if I can hang on to these for all these years, why can't I hold on to a few dollars for more than a day or two????? Oh, now that I think about it, I bet I know. The wife never messes with my old cards ............ ;):rolleyes::rolleyes:
Mine would have been issued in 69 or 70. I haven't seen it in awhile. I'm not even sure where it is right now. lol

Enlisted in '71 right out of high school basically. Never had a Draft card, but did turn 18 three days after graduating Boot Camp.

As far as SS card, when I was submitting my retirement pkg to retire from teaching, they wouldn't recognize nor accept the original I was issued as a kid, and had to order an "official" version from the SSA.

Back