testtest

Could this really happen?

Well government employees have to. And soon servicemen and women will. And Biden was on TV today urging private companies to require it since its FDA approved now.
I’ll also point out that I can clearly remember when people of a certain ideology told me I was insane for suggesting anti gun forces were going to try to tax ammo. Or try to deny 2A rights to people on SS who sign power of attorney over to their children. Or telling me I was nuts when I suggested the DOJ would walk a bunch of guns over the southern border in the hands of cartel members in an attempt to sway public opinion against guns. Or when I pointed out that a certain AG made the comment that the government NCIS computers were not capable of deletion.
Seems all you need to do when you want to slide some BS in is attack the people pointing it out by calling them conspiracy theory, tinfoil hat wearing nut bags.
The servicemen I know said it was required and have been vaccinated.

Well government employees have to. And soon servicemen and women will. And Biden was on TV today urging private companies to require it since its FDA approved now.
I’ll also point out that I can clearly remember when people of a certain ideology told me I was insane for suggesting anti gun forces were going to try to tax ammo. Or try to deny 2A rights to people on SS who sign power of attorney over to their children. Or telling me I was nuts when I suggested the DOJ would walk a bunch of guns over the southern border in the hands of cartel members in an attempt to sway public opinion against guns. Or when I pointed out that a certain AG made the comment that the government NCIS computers were not capable of deletion.
Seems all you need to do when you want to slide some BS in is attack the people pointing it out by calling them conspiracy theory, tinfoil hat wearing nut bags.
Serviceman and women have a whole laundry list of vaccines/shots they are required to have to enlist....so, that's really a non-issue.

Don't like it? Don't sign up. Pretty simple.

Talk about Big Brother. While Mr. Nappen's podcast is a little long it is worth listening to; however, I doubt it would get through the Senate at this time or whether it's even Constitutional. I know if you wouldn't wear a mask on an airliner your name is added to the no fly list. Using current events as a gage I guess almost anything is possible. :(

No Vaccination, No Guns: a Secret Plan For Gun Confiscation ~ LISTEN (ammoland.com)
I don't want to believe this could happen but I wont say this could not happen after seeing the ATF and other government agencies rewrite the rules on the fly without being openly checked, because they are being wielded as a political sword to enforce back door gun control and other politically one sided policies that would normally have trouble getting past congress.

States that are a one party political stronghold can push through laws and policies that appear unconstitutional all the time and these can get challenged in the courts but most of the courts in these states are already politically compromised. And good luck elevating anything to the supreme court as they don't always want to hear the case.

Never let anyone change your mind with the simple statement “that will never happen" as they are either in denial, not educated to history, or possibly playing cover for their party.

Disclaimer:
No individual political group or party has been called out or implied in the above post....

Serviceman and women have a whole laundry list of vaccines/shots they are required to have to enlist....so, that's really a non-issue.

Don't like it? Don't sign up. Pretty simple.

Yeah. Exactly as simple as " Don't like it, find another job." It doesn't matter that 4 out of 5 of the people that die from covid are obese and I'm not. You can pretend it isn't about control, the same as the useless mask mandates and the cadre of fascists screaming for mandatory vaccinations, but you're either naive or complicit if you do. ;)

Yeah. Exactly as simple as " Don't like it, find another job." It doesn't matter that 4 out of 5 of the people that die from covid are obese and I'm not. You can pretend it isn't about control, the same as the useless mask mandates and the cadre of fascists screaming for mandatory vaccinations, but you're either naive or complicit if you do. ;)
Or you're a screaming tinfoil hatter.

Hey Bassbob, nobody on the forum that I'm aware of ever thought of you as having ever worn a tinfoil hat !!!....................

It's all good friend, I'm just pulling your chain a little. That last sentence you wrote left you wide open for a little jab !!! ;)

Recognizing that the written word doesn't always convey the same nuance and or emotion as the spoken word, just take it for what it is and know it's all in jest !!! I'm pretty sure the one there with that 'evil gleam' in her eye will get a kick out of it !! Anyone with that look in their eye must have a sense of humor. (y)(y)(y):LOL::LOL::LOL:

Matter of fact I've been subjected to required vaccinations of various kinds since in the first grade IIRC. Seems like we were required to have a polio vaccination, a mumps, a measles, a chicken pox ....................... then of course all those required to serve in the military back in the late 1960's. And now Covid, although not 100% required yet. I personally am convinced it's the smart thing to do, not only for one's self, but for the benefit of others one might be around. And the biggest argument I've heard against getting it was that the vaccine was not approved .... well now that it is, I'm curious to see how many if any minds that changes.

Don't remember any others except the flu shots offered each year, which I've chosen to decline each year. And I understand they're even offering a 'shingles' vaccine now. So far I've also declined that one. There's some connection of shingles to having chicken pox when younger, but I don't fully understand it all. I've seen shingles sufferers, and it ain't pretty ..... especially a severe case. So, one day I might be sorry for not getting the shot. Oh well, it is what it is !!!

And to absolutely qualify my stand on the Covid vaccines ..... even though I personally chose to get it, and believe it's a smart thing to do, I firmly believe it's up to the individual to decide for themselves. I can't/won't subscribe to the assertion that everyone should be forced to get the vaccination for the "good of the many", or it's "for the greater good". Our constitution guarantees our freedoms, it has never guaranteed our safety.

Just this one man's opinion and somethin' to ponder on y'all !!!

It is unfortunate that a public health issue has become so politicized and polarizing. That started with "I wouldn't get the vaccine if Trump recommended it" and snowballed from there. Much of the confusion is that Fauci was over exposed to the media and said far too much from the start.

I, and most of my friends at 70-something, am in the target zone for this disease to kill you. I got the vaccine in January. I have lost a good friend, who was receiving chemo, to Covid 19 . One of my best friends is right now in ICU on oxygen in his third week since contracting the disease. He knew he had it but waited to seek treatment until he thought he was circling the drain, and it snowballed on him. He has pneumonia and blood clots in his lungs. His underlying condition was high blood pressure and otherwise is fit. Although it is absolutely his right to refuse the vaccine, he is now regretting his decision to not get the vaccine 8 months ago when it was made available to us 65-and-overs here in Florida. He decided to not get the vaccine because of some posts he read on the internet.

The fact is, if you have underlying conditions, or maybe not, this is a serious disease and it can kill you. Many in our family are in the medical profession. My youngest daughter is a trauma physician in a major hospital and she sees Covid 19 patients in the ER every day. It is frustrating to medical professionals to see people with Covid 19 come to the ER days after experiencing early symptoms and then sit in the ER exposing everyone in the facility. Some are obese or have underlying conditions, and some are not. But every single one who they admit to the ICU have not received the vaccine. If you get Covid after the vaccine, it is not as severe. 18 months into the pandemic, nurses are quitting out of frustration of watching patients become gravely ill or die because they refused the vaccine. It has contributing to a nursing shortage nation wide.

It is essential that the military be vaccinated against many diseases, as widespread infectious disease has a devastating effect on readiness. Likewise healthcare staff should be vaccinated. Beyond that, it is up to individual entities to decide whether to require it in their venues.

It is absolutely your right to refuse the vaccine and there should be no strings attached to other rights if you do not. All I ask is that folks make an informed decision, based upon medical advice rather than on something they read on the internet. Ask your doctor, it is his or her job to know and give you the best medical advice. Get a second opinion if you want, and refuse it if you want, but make an informed decision.

Nearly all the cases in Israel that required hospitalization after the Delta variant spike are people who were fully vaccinated. So vaccination is by no means assurance that the virus will be less severe. Especially when the most widespread vax ( Pfizer) is reported to only be about 60% effective against the D variant.

My issue-rushed vaccine and approval by the fda means nothing.

I swear, if this BS happened in the 1950’s, polio would still be rampant.
The morbidity rate of polio is like 30% in adults. Covid is less than 2%. Not a fair analogy. And if you look at the way the media and politicians have behaved over the last 5 years it’s not at all hard to understand why people would be leery of following their advice. Especially when the current VP publicly stated she would not get any vaccine the orange man had anything to do with. And the fact that the WHO provably covered for the Chinese and Fauci besides lying to Congress about supporting gain of function research in the Wuhan lab has contradicted himself 30 times in the last year and a half.
I made the choice to get vaccinated but I am not surprised nor do I care that plenty of people have not.

Back