testtest

Cursing and other mortal sins

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting hilarious. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
was this supposed to be a stern warning thread, or a comedic contest thread..??

all in all, we all DO understand........about the use of curse/cuss words.

some sites have an automatic censor, so that even words with a different meaning get blanked out...

it really is a very good site..........

i think we'd hate to see someone go on one of these...

Keep your guns COCKED and locked or is it locked and COCKED........well COCK is in there somewhere! As the stuttering rooster goes, cock a cock a cock a cock a cock a doodle. Cock is an action. Cock is a male bird. Should they be changed to "Richard"? Then there is Little Richard.....the musician. Did he change his name?

Keep your guns COCKED and locked or is it locked and COCKED........well COCK is in there somewhere! As the stuttering rooster goes, cock a cock a cock a cock a cock a doodle. Cock is an action. Cock is a male bird. Should they be changed to "Richard"? Then there is Little Richard.....the musician. Did he change his name?
i think Little Richards real name was..

Herman Glimpmire..........

While I agree with the post to a point cursing on here should be taken in context of what's been said or the point trying to be made.
In the main when a post is put up its discussed in a friendly way no un-needed cursing,yes some has but that's just like people sat round a table,I get where the OP is coming from but of all the forums I'm on this is the friendliest and that's why I like it

Looks like those seven words that George Carlin said you can never say on television also apply to most gun forms. If one strives to use multisyllabic words when you post, you'll probably never endure the wrath of OkiePewPew.
1645815394641.png

Hey y'all,

First, this thread went exactly where I thought it would and it makes me happy.

I did delete some of the ice comments as that qualifies as a substitution. Personally, I use the šŸ¤¬ emoji when I feel the need to curse. Not "you šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬ šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬" which substitutes for actual letters, just the one emoji. I'm really not trying to make your lives harder, just keeping the forum family friendly.

What really gets me is nobody got the Silas' cilice comments. So, for everyone who commented, that's 10 hail Marys' and 15 min of self-flagellation.

{Yes, I deleted the last line. Self-editing to stay within the spirit}

Last edited:
was this supposed to be a stern warning thread, or a comedic contest thread..??

all in all, we all DO understand........about the use of curse/cuss words.

some sites have an automatic censor, so that even words with a different meaning get blanked out...

it really is a very good site..........

i think we'd hate to see someone go on one of these...

Yes.
I very rarely ever say something that doesn't have at least one joke or sarcastic comment. The site does censor curse words but folks get pretty good at side stepping it.

Honestly, that's pushing the boundary a bit. But today's the no warning days so no cilice for you.
So, Iā€™m going to go serious for a moment; and I mean zero disrespect by the following. The mods here do a really good job, even though I donā€™t always agree with them, so do realize that I have nothing but the highest regard for the moderation team.

That being said:

I get the sense that this a ā€œspirit, not the letterā€ of the rules kind of thing.

And I gotta say, thatā€™s going to be really hard to enforceā€¦as well as seriously dampening theā€¦community? spirit.

At the same timeā€¦yeah, thereā€™s definitely some stuff which pushes the limits.

What can I say? Iā€™m one of those guys that sees both sides of an issueā€¦

So, Iā€™m going to go serious for a moment; and I mean zero disrespect by the following. The mods here do a really good job, even though I donā€™t always agree with them, so do realize that I have nothing but the highest regard for the moderation team.

That being said:

I get the sense that this a ā€œspirit, not the letterā€ of the rules kind of thing.

And I gotta say, thatā€™s going to be really hard to enforceā€¦as well as seriously dampening theā€¦community? spirit.

At the same timeā€¦yeah, thereā€™s definitely some stuff which pushes the limits.

What can I say? Iā€™m one of those guys that sees both sides of an issueā€¦
Totally get that. And if it wasn't happening so much more lately, and getting more virulent (Ukraine is understandably making people hot) I'd just pass right over them without much thought. It's definitely a "spirit of the rules" situation and part of the Mod's toolbox for guiding posts and the Forum as a whole. If we get back to less aggressive use of the substitutions we'll likely just move on and relax back to the letter of the rules.

Totally get that. And if it wasn't happening so much more lately, and getting more virulent (Ukraine is understandably making people hot) I'd just pass right over them without much thought. It's definitely a "spirit of the rules" situation and part of the Mod's toolbox for guiding posts and the Forum as a whole. If we get back to less aggressive use of the substitutions we'll likely just move on and relax back to the letter of the rules.

Well, gosh darn it, I guess Iā€™ll have to toe the freakinā€™ line, then.

Son of a biscuit.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back