testtest

Custom Midwest Industries SAINT 5.56mm Build

I read this article a while back and it gave me incentive to upgrade my Saint 5.56. I decided to do some of the same modifications as the OP like replacing the handguard, gas block, front/rear BUS, muzzle brake, optic, and charging handle.

I did not replace the BCG or the trigger. I may replace the trigger with a single stage, but I already shoot tight groups with the stock trigger. Not sure if replacing the BCG is necessary either. No issues with stock one.

Parts in:
* Aero Precision free float handguard and barrel nut
* Aero Precision muzzle brake
* Aero Precision low profile gas block
* Magpul MBUS 3 sights
* Strike Industries extended charging handle
* Primary Arms 3X prism scope
* Magpul QD swivels

Overall, the upgrade went well. I had to buy a bench vise which will be useful for future gunsmithing. A2 sight took some time to remove. Watched videos on how others have done it. All the parts fit perfectly. Used torque wrench and armorers wrench to torque everything to spec.

Shoots tight groups. Zeroed in prism optic and new MBUS sights. Would recommend upgrading your stock Saint if you feel inclined to do so.

No reason to upgrade the BCG, but it’s always nice to have a few extras laying around. And there’s more than a few nice options for a better trigger. I’m partial to the Hiperfire Designated Marksman.

No reason to upgrade the BCG, but it’s always nice to have a few extras laying around. And there’s more than a few nice options for a better trigger. I’m partial to the Hiperfire Designated Marksman.
Exactly. Keeping spare parts around is a good idea. I am going to upgrade the trigger at some point. This rifle is mainly for home defense, shooting practice, and SHTF.

Back