testtest

CZ-USA: The Best 9mm Service Pistol?

I would say no, since it's not a .40 🤪
Reported...
133AE2F1-94F4-4A5D-9075-C3D3375049A5.gif

The Hi Power is a good pistol. I don’t know, something about the CZ-75, it is accurate, shoots so smooth has great capacity, and feels good. So much to make them better than factory/stock. Not talking about CZ custom shop pistols or the Shadow variants.

The CZ75 is definitely in the running, but...I’d say the BHP has it beat (definitely has it beat if you delete the mag drop safety).

But imho, the best 9mm service pistol title goes to the HK USP. They are rugged, and mine was “minute of moving gopher” accurate at 25 yards yesterday.

You would pick the USP over a P30 ?

Yeah...I think I would...for me. I shoot USP’s very, very well.

The P30 does make a lot more sense, though...has a picatinny rail instead of the USP’s proprietary rail, and the universal fit grips are a great option. Add the new 17rd VP mags to it, and, probably, overall, it would be a better choice.

But...give me the option, and I’ll take a USP every time. Particularly if I can have a Match trigger fitted first...

Yeah...I think I would...for me. I shoot USP’s very, very well.

The P30 does make a lot more sense, though...has a picatinny rail instead of the USP’s proprietary rail, and the universal fit grips are a great option. Add the new 17rd VP mags to it, and, probably, overall, it would be a better choice.

But...give me the option, and I’ll take a USP every time. Particularly if I can have a Match trigger fitted first...

I have exactly zero experience with any HK, so I am certainly not questioning you. I believe you know exactly what you're talking about brother.

That said, I already have a Q5, which I would be tempted to carry if I didn't already have a red dot mounted on it. It's a very nice shooter. I have quite a lot of striker fired pistols for carrying, but I have let my one track mind talk me into an HK. And I think I don't want a striker fired HK. I do want a full size 9mm with high capacity mags and no red dot. I don't know, considering I can't find a P30L anywhere I will probably change my mind 14 times before I find something. lol

I have exactly zero experience with any HK, so I am certainly not questioning you. I believe you know exactly what you're talking about brother.

That said, I already have a Q5, which I would be tempted to carry if I didn't already have a red dot mounted on it. It's a very nice shooter. I have quite a lot of striker fired pistols for carrying, but I have let my one track mind talk me into an HK. And I think I don't want a striker fired HK. I do want a full size 9mm with high capacity mags and no red dot. I don't know, considering I can't find a P30L anywhere I will probably change my mind 14 times before I find something. lol

P30L’s are great pistols; I had one, and liked it a lot...but my USP Expert would outshoot it handily. Traded it to a buddy for a nice Colt 1911...

Unfortunately, when HK dropped their prices on a lot of their pistols a year or two ago, the USP series wasn’t included...so an Expert will set you back a fair amount. I bought mine used from a friend, and before they dropped the P30 prices, so it ran me considerably less than my P30L did, new...but now? I’ve seen new P30L V3’s (DA/SA, no safety, decocker button on the rear of the slide) under $700...maybe even closer to $600, don’t recall. You would not go wrong with one, guaranteed.

P30L’s are great pistols; I had one, and liked it a lot...but my USP Expert would outshoot it handily. Traded it to a buddy for a nice Colt 1911...

Unfortunately, when HK dropped their prices on a lot of their pistols a year or two ago, the USP series wasn’t included...so an Expert will set you back a fair amount. I bought mine used from a friend, and before they dropped the P30 prices, so it ran me considerably less than my P30L did, new...but now? I’ve seen new P30L V3’s (DA/SA, no safety, decocker button on the rear of the slide) under $700...maybe even closer to $600, don’t recall. You would not go wrong with one, guaranteed.

Yeah I am on a couple "Email when in stock" lists. $599-$649 price range, if they ever get them. I see the USP Expert is up around $1300. That's the Q5 SF price range.

The Hi Power is a good pistol. I don’t know, something about the CZ-75, it is accurate, shoots so smooth has great capacity, and feels good. So much to make them better than factory/stock. Not talking about CZ custom shop pistols or the Shadow variants.
21EB379B-2A76-40C4-862A-1E87940BA3D0.jpeg
F88831DB-3597-4648-BDE6-119CFBD93502.jpeg

CZ 75 on the left
Used left target at 10 yards
Its accurate as hell
Still like my Hi Power better for some reason

I have a CZ Phantom and it is one damn accurate handgun. CZ has dominated IPSC for years which has to say something. With 18+1 it is a little big to carry but not impossible. I think the slide inside the rail adds to the accuracy in a big way.

I am also a huge H&K fan. I have several with NEVER a failure of any kind. Let's keep in mind that the P30L was John Wick's gun of choice in the first movie.

I have a CZ Phantom and it is one **** accurate handgun. CZ has dominated IPSC for years which has to say something. With 18+1 it is a little big to carry but not impossible. I think the slide inside the rail adds to the accuracy in a big way.

I am also a huge H&K fan. I have several with NEVER a failure of any kind. Let's keep in mind that the P30L was John Wick's gun of choice in the first movie.

And comped, on top of it.

I held, for the first time, a CZ P10F yesterday at a local gun shop. It doesn't look like it would be comfortable to grip but it absolutely was. I've always heard CZ handguns are very well made. The full size P10 was a bit large but light and fit my big old hands perfectly. It also holds 19 rounds of 9mm which is pretty nice. I'm thinking seriously of going with one or the P10C maybe for my next handgun purchase. Also looking at a Beretta APX Centurion.

Back