testtest

Daffy Zone…..

Nowadays you would get trannies
1694962989791.jpeg

😬😬😬😬

I lived that life!! We lived in rural north Georgia and we would leave home on our dirt bikes and ride in the mountains miles away from home....parents never knew where we were. If we made it home by dark, they didn't even ask questions. I couldn't imagine allowing my grandchildren to that.....times sure have changed, and definitely not for the better
One thing my folks were really sticklers about was that we kids be home by dark. No exceptions. Most times we made it 'cause we knew supper was ready to eat ... and so were we. But boy, the times we didn't make it by dark, daddy let us know it better not happen again. He had a special belt he cut notches in. LOL! Sometimes he's lose count 'cause he's send us out back to cut a switch off a big old Hickory nut tree, and it had better be a good one or he'd cut the 2nd one. And btw, we lived so far out in the country, when I wanted to go hunting, I had to go towards town!

As an aside, we didn't have indoor plumbing until I was about 10-12. My mom, dad, and brother shared an outhouse with my grand parents who lived at the other end of the block. The 'privy' was about half way between our houses. We did have a pitcher pump outside the back door and while I pumped, my younger brother would bathe, then we'd reverse the rolls. And this was in summer, winter, and all in between. I don't remember not having electricity, but being so far out of town it was not very reliable. Occasionally if more then 2 doves lit on a wire, we'd lose power for some reason.

Yeh, those were the good times. I love talking about these things with youngsters today. They will sit in total amazement for hours listening. And of course, on occasion I'll embellish the story a tad just to see their reactions.

I know today's kids have it much easier with so much technology, but in some cases I fear it makes it harder for them. I'm just hoping for a better outcome for today's kids in a couple generations than what we septuagenarians are seeing today. jj

Apologize for getting on a roll!

THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW IF YOU MOVE TO THE SOUTH
1. A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.
2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in the South.
3. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in the South, plus a couple no one's seen before.
4. If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha.
5. Onced and Twiced are words.
6. It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy!
7. Jawl-P? means: Did you all go to the bathroom?
8. People actually grow, eat, and like okra.
9. Fixinto is one word. It means I'm going to do something.
10. There is no such thing as lunch. There is only dinner and then there's supper.
11. Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar. It is referred to as the Wine of the South.
12. Backwards and forwards means I know everything about you.
13. The word jeet is actually a question meaning, 'Did you eat?'
14. You don't have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
15. You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH em.
16. Y'all is singular. All Y'all is plural.
17. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or animal.
18. You carry jumper cables in your car for your OWN car.
19. You only own five spices: salt, pepper, mustard, Tabasco, and ketchup.
20. The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local high school sports, motorsports, and gossip.
21. Everyone you meet is a Honey, Sugar, Miss (first name), or Mr (first name)
22. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
23. You know what a hissy fit is..
24. Fried catfish is the other white meat.
25. We don't need no dang Driver's Ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive!!!
26. You understand these jokes and forward them to your Southern friends and those who just wish they were from the SOUTH.
AND one more:
27. Why did the chicken cross the road? To show that stupid possum that it CAN be done!

Back