testtest

Daffy Zone…..

CDN32.jpeg

With the utility locaters in my area,this is entirely possible..
I have cut my share of gas lines that were missed.
I ALWAYS go behind USIC ( utility locators) and locate them myself. They hire anyone, pay them shite wages and have a high turnover rate. Very few of those guys are even remotely competent. I have an old Sure lock. They keep trying to give me a "Newer and better" locator. I keep refusing. Mine is dead accurate laterally and within 10" ( usually) on depth.
I can not overstate how much I rely on this device daily to do my job and maintain my status as the best MOFO on the ride. ;)

Hitting unmarked utilities, even though you are without liability, is still a complete pain in the ass. Which is why I never do that ( knock on wood). I assume you are finding yourself hitting service lines ? In any case, other than cast iron mains there is nearly always a way to tone them out with a locator. Trace wire on risers or in boxes every 500 feet maximum along the path of the main. Plastic mains and services nearly always have trace wire with them. If you're hitting steel or cast iron mains and cutting them you probably shouldn't be sitting on a tractor.:ROFLMAO:

Back