testtest

Daffy Zone…..

1677378778575.jpeg

For those who may not know, this was based on a true story ....... I think? Actually I'm pretty sure it was a true story and today I saw this article on "Buzzfeed". Read it if you care, then decide for yourself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You've probably heard the buzz around the new movie Cocaine Bear, but did you know that the film is actually based on a true story? In 1985, Andrew Carter Thornton II, a Kentucky drug dealer, dropped forty packages of cocaine from his plane into a Georgia forest after the engine started to malfunction. Thornton jumped from the plane with 75 pounds of drugs on his person and died. An unsuspecting bear stumbled across the drugs and consumed all 40 packages, which proved to be fatal. The bear's autopsy showed that the drug caused a multitude of problems, including cerebral hemorrhaging, a stroke, respiratory failure, renal failure, heart failure, and hyperthermia.

The medical examiner decided that the bear's body should be stuffed and put on display, so he donated it to the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area. At some point in the early 1990s, the bear's body was moved to a storage area out of concern that it could be damaged by wildfires. About a month later, the storage facility was robbed, and country singer Waylon Jennings ended up with the bear. Jennings claimed he didn't know the bear was stolen when he bought it from a pawn shop. Jennings gave the bear to his friend Ron Thompson, who had been close friends with Thornton. A mall in Lexington, Kentucky wanted to acquire the bear and had reportedly been keeping tabs on it. When Thompson died, the bear was sold at auction to a man named Zhu T'ang. Just a few years later, T'ang passed away, and the mall purchased the bear, where it's still on display.

BUZZFEED 2/28/23

Back