testtest

Dead Deer Carcass

I have never heard of any city that holds a homeowner responsible for disposal of carcasses of animals hit on a city road that landed on their property.

I don't really know what will stop the stink. Around here any dead animal will be dispatched quickly by bald faced buzzards, hawks, eagles, coyotes, etc..

Count me as another person living where the county and city holds the homeowner responsible for disposal of carcasses of animals hit on city/county roads that landed near their property. A neighbor of ours (5 houses from us) had to deal with this and experienced the exact same problem. We're 50 min west of Wash DC and live in a suburb city. She complained enough to where they came and got it (there's NO other way it could've been dealt with - we live on postage stamp lots), but they argued the whole time that since the animal didn't drop in the middle of the street or shoulder, it wasn't their problem. The lady lives maybe 15-20' along the side of the highway, it clearly suffered a major impact with a car and the road is close enough to where a 7 yr old can throw a rock from the yard to the highway.

Honestly, the best place I lived was in Utah. Ogden to be exact. Utah has 4 seasons and the people were friendly. It reminded me of New England. If I had to do it all over again it would be Utah!

Last time I was there it looked like they were determined to ruin the vista with those dang windmills.
that is sad to hear. i of course was in the area back in my earlier years driving, of say from 1988(??) thru about 1992(??)

that's what made me fall in love with the southwest.

so for sure things change, and not always for the better.

a reality check for me, would be to actually travel with the Mrs in the future to some locations we "might" want to move to....

can't go on what was then, to what is now......

Honestly, the best place I lived was in Utah. Ogden to be exact. Utah has 4 seasons and the people were friendly. It reminded me of New England. If I had to do it all over again it would be Utah!
I spent 10 months living in SLC for my freshman year at the U of U. I spent all my tuition money on lift tickets though...had to go back to state school. I'd move back in heartbeat. Winters in SLC are a lot warmer than Massachusetts, at least down in the valley. Problem out there is water (and lack of it). Probably won't be a big problem for a decade, but sooner or later it will...

For an update, the carcass after 1 week is rotting nicely and is a solid black, disgusting mass. I'm going to wait this one out...my back patio is just far enough away that the smell hasn't been over-powering. My wife took a picture today while mowing, but common sense prevents me from uploading it. Might get some lime tomorrow.

I spent 10 months living in SLC for my freshman year at the U of U. I spent all my tuition money on lift tickets though...had to go back to state school. I'd move back in heartbeat. Winters in SLC are a lot warmer than Massachusetts, at least down in the valley. Problem out there is water (and lack of it). Probably won't be a big problem for a decade, but sooner or later it will...

For an update, the carcass after 1 week is rotting nicely and is a solid black, disgusting mass. I'm going to wait this one out...my back patio is just far enough away that the smell hasn't been over-powering. My wife took a picture today while mowing, but common sense prevents me from uploading it. Might get some lime tomorrow.
You're on a GUN FORUM -- what does common sense have to do with anything?

Back