testtest

Dealing With Police After a Self-Defense Shooting

B8769760-DBDD-4E1A-A0E1-76633C853EE7.gif

To get back to the original topics, yea, I drifted off, sorry, when I was still working at my sheriffs dept, that’s where I had my CCW class at, and we were told after a self defense shooting incident, less said is better, it was suggested not to make any statements at that time, your adrenaline is high and you don’t want to say anything that you can’t take back after you calm down.
and, if possible, get another person to call 911 because odds are that tape of the phone call will be used in court. That 911 operator will ask you lots of questions and you won't be able to walk back any unfavorable answers. You may have to make the call yourself, so just be propared.

My first permit was in 1968, which was a to be a life time but I moved to another state where I had to apply for one in that state then after 15yrs moved to another state. I hold two up to date permits. After working for several agency's when I move into a new area I go and meet the police chief of the city and the county sheriff and go over all the specific rules for those jurisdiction. I keep all the papers of classes and live fire plus any competitions plus and specialty shoots. I do not get to do that any more but I occasionally do chase the spiders from the barrels but under the obligations I now have and no ranges close by I must depend on the experiences of the past and stay up to date on ever changing laws.

Back