testtest

Deer slugs

Skunkhouse

Master Class
Has anyone seen the price of deer slugs ?? Season here is end of November so thought I'd pick a few boxes up before they become nonexistent. I usually have to supply my boys lol but they supply venison to me. Anyhow cheapest I found was at wally world were 6.98 federal box of 5. Others as winchester was 8.97. And Remington sluggers were 9.97. All 5 round boxes. I was like wow! So instead of 20 boxes I normal pick up before season, became 4 boxes lol work on a few more later.

I have at least 500 rounds of 1600 Truball and probably just as much of the 1360 or 1300 or whatever it is. I like the Truball. I got piles of other slugs as well. I also noticed that Natchez is having a sale right now. All ammo, free shipping over $200. I wanna say the Sluggers were 8 or 9 bucks. They do have Blazer Brass 124 gr. 9mm for $16/box though.

I saw some Rio slugs I never saw before for $4/box of 5. All those slugs were a few bucks cheaper a few weeks ago.

Just a note for you next year...I have several customers that are particular about brand and grain for their respective deer cartridges...I had been looking all the last year for some of their preferred ammo, and have not seen it anywhere at all (Browning .30-30 BXR for example, only found 2 boxes online over last 12 months). My advice, look all year and stock up when you find it at any time of year. "Deer slugs" is pretty generic...seen them all over, especially during the worst of the last 2 years (across WI) but prices are gulp-inducing as you know...

Just a note for you next year...I have several customers that are particular about brand and grain for their respective deer cartridges...I had been looking all the last year for some of their preferred ammo, and have not seen it anywhere at all (Browning .30-30 BXR for example, only found 2 boxes online over last 12 months). My advice, look all year and stock up when you find it at any time of year. "Deer slugs" is pretty generic...seen them all over, especially during the worst of the last 2 years (across WI) but prices are gulp-inducing as you know...
I bought my pheasant hunting ammo in July (Federal Prairie Storm #5)…they had cases, so I bought a case.

I don’t hunt deer with slugs, but the fact is over the last two years we have seen massive market invasion of brands like Rio, Sterling, Fiocchi, S&B,etc. selling shot shells, in most cases inferior to Federal and Remington, that weren’t even a blip on the radar before the big ammo scare.

You can still get Federal Power Shok 1 Oz. Shells for about $7/box though.

Back