testtest

Democrats Push National Safe Storage Bill in U.S. Congress

If this were to become a law, and I highly doubt it will, it would be virtually unenforceable. Police would need a search warrant to come into your home, and search warrants don’t just get handed out like candy.

I can think of several ways it could be enforced. For example: 1. There is an accident or incident associated with your firearms. You get arrested for not having them safely stored. 2. One of your kids is participating in online learning due to COVID-19. Somehow, the video camera they are using picks up something that looks like a firearm. The teacher advises the administration, who then calls the police. They get a warrant and search you house. You go to jail. 3. The mail man walks by and sees you practicing dry fire in your living room. He calls the police, you get arrested and go to jail. 4. Someone breaks into your home and steals your firearm. The police follow up, decide you did not have it safely stored. You go to jail. I could probably go on, and if you think about it a little, I'll bet you could too.

I think it would mostly come into play in the aftermath of an accidental shooting.

Or intentional shooting. If someone breaks into your house with you home and you use a firearm to defend youself, in the heat of the moment you may forget to lock your backup gun back in the safe. There are so many ways this could be really bad news if you have firearms in your house.

I can think of several ways it could be enforced. For example: 1. There is an accident or incident associated with your firearms. You get arrested for not having them safely stored. 2. One of your kids is participating in online learning due to COVID-19. Somehow, the video camera they are using picks up something that looks like a firearm. The teacher advises the administration, who then calls the police. They get a warrant and search you house. You go to jail. 3. The mail man walks by and sees you practicing dry fire in your living room. He calls the police, you get arrested and go to jail. 4. Someone breaks into your home and steals your firearm. The police follow up, decide you did not have it safely stored. You go to jail. I could probably go on, and if you think about it a little, I'll bet you could too.
Dry firing is the last thing I’m worried about the mailman catching me doing, if you know what I mean!

If this were to become a law, and I highly doubt it will, it would be virtually unenforceable. Police would need a search warrant to come into your home, and search warrants don’t just get handed out like candy.
Sure.

And Red Flag laws make it hard to get warrants, too.

Karen: "My neighbor has a scary black gun in his house".

If they go the way of red flag laws with this...that is all it would take. If you think any differently, you aren't paying attention.

Sure.

And Red Flag laws make it hard to get warrants, too.

Karen: "My neighbor has a scary black gun in his house".

If they go the way of red flag laws with this...that is all it would take. If you think any differently, you aren't paying attention.
I didn’t want to be the super negative guy, but you are absolutely correct.

They will do whatever they want and the burden will be on the gun owner to prove their innocence.

I didn’t want to be the super negative guy
...if we want to survive, we HAVE to be that guy.

Tell your Representatives how we feel. It's the only answer. The Left is certainly vocal enough - and we're losing our asses because - as a group - we tend to be quiet and polite about these things. "Higher Ground" and all. Well...it ain't working.

The only people who can change the tide...is us.

...if we want to survive, we HAVE to be that guy.

Tell your Representatives how we feel. It's the only answer. The Left is certainly vocal enough - and we're losing our asses because - as a group - we tend to be quiet and polite about these things. "Higher Ground" and all. Well...it ain't working.

The only people who can change the tide...is us.
Definitely, your voice has to be heard now more then ever.

We all need to be very concerned about any legislation that attempts to regulate what goes on inside the homes of private citizens. 4th Amendment protections become meaningless when actions taken within a home, which do not pose an immediate threat of death or serious bodily injury, become criminal.

This proposed legislation is particularly dangerous because it is so vague. It could be interpreted as applying to gun owners who fail to "secure" weapons from burglars in an otherwise unoccupied home. Unfortunately, I can't tell you how to "secure" your guns, because the law intentionally fails to define the term. I fully support safe firearm storage, but we already have numerous criminal and civil laws in place that target those who cause injury by any form of negligence with a firearm. We do not need any additional laws regulating firearms in our homes.

Agree, when we were young, my father always took us out to shoot, we never snuck around to find them, we knew where he kept them and we never messed with them since we were taught how to use them and how dangerous they could be.
As a kid all ours were on the wall above the kitchen table ammo in the drawer. Remember those 4gun wall racks with a drawer. First thing you seen entering our house as a kid.

As a kid all ours were on the wall above the kitchen table ammo in the drawer. Remember those 4gun wall racks with a drawer. First thing you seen entering our house as a kid.
As a kid my dad had a wooden 5 gun rack on the wall in the family room that had some hunting rifles and shotguns. I had my own shotgun and rifle before I was 11. There were also loaded handguns and shotguns at every end of the house. I knew where they were and knew that if I ever touched one I'd better have a damn good reason. I never showed one off to my friends or took one to school or even touched one without permission. Why? Well besides the obvious, the fact is the last thing you wanted was my old man on yer ass. He didn't play.

Back