testtest

Did I Overstep on this One?

I feel confident that her dad is taking care of the jack situation. From what I overheard on the phone, I think he was kicking himself for not checking for it when he bought the car. I would not be surprised if dad has already purchased one. I appreciate all of the of the positive responses.
many things we take for "granted" are over looked when buying a used car..

hell, back in my wrench turning days?

i did a short stint at the local chevy dealership, at the service desk.

musta been like 2 customers that i vividly recall, bought NEW chevy's, and NO JACK was in the trunk, not even a spare tire...

that's on the factory QC people, then it's on the dealerships receiver, for not checking it, as it came off the truck.

even had buyers of NEW pick up trucks, with NO spare tire as well.... the customer never checked for that, until a few days after he got the truck home...

so over looking what we take for granted, happens.

many things we take for "granted" are over looked when buying a used car..

hell, back in my wrench turning days?

i did a short stint at the local chevy dealership, at the service desk.

musta been like 2 customers that i vividly recall, bought NEW chevy's, and NO JACK was in the trunk, not even a spare tire...

that's on the factory QC people, then it's on the dealerships receiver, for not checking it, as it came off the truck.

even had buyers of NEW pick up trucks, with NO spare tire as well.... the customer never checked for that, until a few days after he got the truck home...

so over looking what we take for granted, happens.
Unfortunately the was 1 or 2 year period that GM was doing that. I don't remember which year(s) that happened? It was either between going from full size to donut or vise versa.

we had some angry customers. they "assumed" spare tires, and jacks would be in the trunk, or under the beds of pick up trucks.

Seems to me if you can even find a used car on a dealer lot you’re lucky. A good dealership would always make sure these necessities are intact, but customer service (like manners) and courtesy is becoming a lost art these days.

Was at a new car dealership yesterday to inquire on a vehicle my son was interested in. They sold off all the new arrivals on pre-orders, and had zero new inventory - but the service department was bustling. Lots of older folks getting work done there and wondered what they’re being sold besides an $24.95 oil change. If that’s what’s keeping the dealers afloat, I can only hope I won’t need service anytime soon.

Dive for sunken ship treasure, climb Mt Everest and see if I can lower and remove the spare tire from my pickup are all on the bucket list.

Back