testtest

Difference between a basic and high end 1911

So...for the folks that think that extra money just buys you “bling”...

Tell me where the bling is on this.
17E64FAE-52C0-4D9A-8980-AB87482AE0A7.jpeg
The
73229C7D-B4CC-4944-95A9-71DAF8979612.jpeg

Yes, this my my personal carry pistol. The VZ Operators were added later...

There's about 12k rounds through this pistol, fwiw...

So...for the folks that think that extra money just buys you “bling”...

Tell me where the bling is on this.View attachment 4574 The View attachment 4575

Yes, this my my personal carry pistol. The VZ Operators were added later...

There's about 12k rounds through this pistol, fwiw...
I agree with you 100%. My most expensive 1911 is my DW Bruin. It goes with me in the woods A LOT. My point was comparing, yours to a, Mil Spec, with combat sights, no FSC no match barrel, no hand fitting, MIM (that an be another topic if someone wants to start it) parts to name a few comparisons on what you get in comparison vs. accuracy, reliability and even comfort, for me, again to name a few.

Pretty much any decent defensive handgun should be able to do that in the hands of a decent shooter.

The difference comes at 25 or 50 yards; my Baer can, in my hands, consistently put 8 rounds inside 4” at 50 yards, using carry ammo. The RIA? About 6”...at best.
At what speed?

I’ll admit I’m the one who used “bling” and also admit it was a wrong choice of word. So I’ll ask this and I’m basing this on many posts on brand new 1911’s that failed to work right out of the box.
How many of those high dollar guns have issues based on the guns that cost between $700.00 and $1,000.00
I understand that high dollar guns
IE $2,500.00 plus are tooled for a tighter fit and function and I get that but are they immune to problems??
Just asking.

I’ll admit I’m the one who used “bling” and also admit it was a wrong choice of word. So I’ll ask this and I’m basing this on many posts on brand new 1911’s that failed to work right out of the box.
How many of those high dollar guns have issues based on the guns that cost between $700.00 and $1,000.00
IE $2,500.00 plus are tooled for a tighter fit and function and I get that but are they immune to problems??
Just asking.
Absolutely. Wilson, NH, Baer, DW ect. Have issues, albeit, minimal compared to your entry level 1911. I have wanted, and still want a Springfield Professional so bad I can’t stand it. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with an entry level 1911. They run, they work. If you were to take a Mil Spec vs a Baer to a true Gunsite course I would put money the Baer would come out on top. I would put money the owner of the Mil Spec would say, “I wish I had better sights, a better trigger, I wouldn’t mind the front strap being checkered”
In the competition world all the top shooters don’t shoot entry level 1911’s and its for a reason.

Just asking.

Yes, occasionally, there will be issues with high-dollar 1911’s...but it's rare, and when they do pop up, they get rectified, quickly.

In the 12k rounds I’ve put brought mine, I have had exactly 3 stoppages that could not be directly attributed to ammunition...and two of those were from 1 magazine (which is no longer used)...leaving 1 stovepipe that can only be filed in the “s(tuff) happens” category.

I'am more then a little surprised SACS - Springfield Armory Custom Shop was not mentioned . When an article does not mention SACS I ask myself just how well does the author know about custom 1911's . For one I think the SACS Professional is the custom 1911 of all 1911's . Its a no frills 1911 with everything you want and need . It could go further like a high cut trigger guard but does not . It passed the tests of all tests . The most wanted test read about it here :https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=459534 . My favorite is the throw and drop tests . What has not been talked about a lot is reliability and durability up to 25,000 rounds . That is where a custom pistol shines . Also a true Custom pistol should make things easier for you to shoot well . That is where the advantage lies . I can pretty much pick up any pistol and make it perform well making me look good . A custom firearm just makes that easier .

14566733587_4c4eae553b_b.jpg

Back