testtest

Disappeared thread

Ok. Here’s the question directed at the moderators: if the thread is taken down, can we have a reason? Was it disrespectful? Was the content offensive? How was it offensive? The rules are very vague on exactly what is deemed offensive.

I find “Cuties” absolutely offensive, but it’s on Netflix, so what do I know!

@APPilot, thanks for wondering why this thread disappeared, as I too wonder, being the original Thread poster of this subject.
At 11:38pm, I got this notification (it didn't say from who, just had a circle with a "?" inside as if it was machine generated). The reason for removal was: "Your thread Who is funding some of these protesters? was deleted. Reason: Please keep it 2A related"
I posted the thread under the "lounge" category, since it really wasn't 2A related to be posted under that category.
I am curious as to any reply you may receive from this forum's administrators, but unfortunately feel they may not response. I fail to see the logic of this deletion, as there are other somewhat charged threads or those trying to convey a message posted under the "Lounge" that are also not 2A related, and yet they remain (as they should remain in my opinion).
Thanks for all that care concerning this thread, it's appreciated.

According to the policy, any political topics must be 2A related only. So, is that why you pulled the thread? So, if we talked about how antifa, the riots, the funding of the riots was being financed by the CCP and George Soros (KNOWN OPPONENTS OF THE 2ND AMENDMENT) would that be ok?

seems to me that the gun companies, which Springfield is a part of are doing really well this year cause of people like us. Because we support the constitution, free speech and the 2nd. If we get outa hand and start insulting each other, fine. Pull the posts, ban the members. But if we are being respectful and telling the truth as we see it?

is talking about God off limits? Is discussing honesty in our politicians off limits? for this community to thrive we need to be able to know how far the moderators want to control the speech of its members.

I have not seen a reply yet from any moderator. Why?

You are responsible for the content of your posts.

No hate speech, bullying (or comments regarding race, religion of sexual preference/identity) or memes towards any candidate or person will be tolerated. (i.e. No Hitler, Killary Hillary, etc.).

Fact checks are required prior to posting

Keep it civil and polite. Also, no foul language. Arguments will result in deletion of all comments or post involved. (Keep it civil no ifs, ands or buts). Healthy discussions / disagreements are okay but as soon as aggression is noticed it will be removed.

No political post or topics on the main forum. The “Armed with Knowledge” section will be the only place where this is allowed. No promotion of candidates or advocacy posts. Limit political post to firearms- and firearms rights-related topics only. Please report/flag any inappropriate content you may see in other posts as well. Please respect others’ privacy.

No firearms sales or transactions on the site.

Post threads in correct sections.

No spamming, multiple registrations, cut and paste posting, or posts containing only a link, etc. To better engage members within the forum, the posting of links is allowed when the original poster gives a simple description of the content or a comment on how you feel about it.

No advocacy for breaking federal, state, or local laws.

Direct message conversations with staff or other members and user generated submissions via the “Report” links are private. Discussing these private conversations in the public forum without the express consent of all parties involved will lead to review by staff and possible disciplinary action.

The moderators reserve the right to impose “time outs” or bans of members who do not follow the forum’s rules.

Rules may be modified or updated at any time.

Since when do you wait for anyone to respond first? Aren’t you the original early bird gets the bucket of worms?
1600452406691.jpeg

This thread has been closed to halt speculation while I write out a response to your inquiries. I have to read them all and respond so it’s not going to be in the next 5 min. Do not start another thread about this, it will be deleted. Once I’ve answered, I’ll re-open the thread.

Ok, your response as promised.

First, lets get to a central issue. This is a Springfield Armory corporate forum. Our rules are what they are after extensive discussion between the Mods, Admins, and SA executives. We do occasionally update or clarify those rules, but the core ideas behind them are what they are. There are thousands of places on the internet where you can go and discuss politics in any shape or fashion to your hearts content. This is not one of those. This forum is about our love of everything Springfield and some other content that directly borders SA’s interests (i.e. gear, hunting, self-defense). If you walk into a Biergarten and demand a Saki because, ya know its alcohol, you’re gonna get looked at funny. The fact that the owner also happens to offer sodas is beside the point.

The Lounge: “No political advocacy posts. To be clear, if a post supports one political ideology over another or as being in some way deficient or superior to anything it is not allowed.” In our charged environment it is nearly impossible to post something political and not have it a) be advocacy in and of itself or b) have it quickly devolve to advocacy in the thread. We left this very thin loophole because the membership wanted a place to post some political stuff. If you manage to post a non-advocacy political story and someone in the thread takes it over the line, report it. We immediately get that notification.

Armed with Knowledge This is the Forum’s home for 2A content. The same basic politics rules exist there as they do in the Lounge. However, because AWK exists solely for 2A content, we are somewhat more lenient in our enforcement. Yes, that means Mod discretion will be involved and sometimes we don’t come down in the exact same place. We’re human. It is what it is.

In that vein, I’m going to take a little detour. The Mod’s have taken their roles because we’re big fans of Springfield. We are not employees. We do this on our own time, in between the jobs that pay our rent and feed our family. Does that mean we’re not dedicated to the Forum? No. Does that mean that sometimes we miss stuff. Yep. If you see something that you know to be outside the Forum rules, report it. Again We immediately get that notification.

Lastly, the post that was pulled. The riots are a grey area. Conversations about them get political real real fast. The post that was pulled discussed the funding of the riots and that is in and of itself, political. The last time a riot thread got going it turned into a total political quagmire so, yeah, we’re going to come down on the side of caution as new posts are made.

I hope this answered your questions and didn’t create any more. Right know, however, I have to go pick up my kid. The thread is back open. I’ll be back in a little while to check in and respond to your thoughts.

Sincerely,
OkiePewPew

So, technically if it’s not really Springfield related, there shouldn’t be posts for other manufacturers then right, or am I misunderstanding okies reply, anyway, it’s understood your position. I will stop making those posts that I was doing, besides, others have been doing it, so let them take that over, I’m done. Still a good forum

Edit: Also I give up on the other posts, terminator, chickens and such.

Last edited:
Ok, your response as promised.

First, lets get to a central issue. This is a Springfield Armory corporate forum. Our rules are what they are after extensive discussion between the Mods, Admins, and SA executives. We do occasionally update or clarify those rules, but the core ideas behind them are what they are. There are thousands of places on the internet where you can go and discuss politics in any shape or fashion to your hearts content. This is not one of those. This forum is about our love of everything Springfield and some other content that directly borders SA’s interests (i.e. gear, hunting, self-defense). If you walk into a Biergarten and demand a Saki because, ya know its alcohol, you’re gonna get looked at funny. The fact that the owner also happens to offer sodas is beside the point.

The Lounge: “No political advocacy posts. To be clear, if a post supports one political ideology over another or as being in some way deficient or superior to anything it is not allowed.” In our charged environment it is nearly impossible to post something political and not have it a) be advocacy in and of itself or b) have it quickly devolve to advocacy in the thread. We left this very thin loophole because the membership wanted a place to post some political stuff. If you manage to post a non-advocacy political story and someone in the thread takes it over the line, report it. We immediately get that notification.

"............................."

I hope this answered your questions and didn’t create any more. Right know, however, I have to go pick up my kid. The thread is back open. I’ll be back in a little while to check in and respond to your thoughts.

Sincerely,
OkiePewPew
Well thought out and very well worded. Good job on a hard to address issue.

Suffice it to say that we all deplore these criminal riots and those who participate in them and/or fund them regardless of their political leanings. If apprehended, they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law as their actions cast a negative light on law abiding firearms owners who are simply exercising and enjoying their 2nd Amendment rights with malice toward none.

Last edited:
Back