testtest

Discreet Concealed Carry

I live in Colorado Springs a bunch of people around hereo look like they do all their shopping at REI. About four years ago I decided to simplify my wardrobe. I went out and bought six pairs of Wrangler cargo pants and 6 camp shirts, thats what I wear.

I've always known that I blend right into the crowd dressed like that but I didn't realize how much I blend in until one morning last year. I was sitting in the waiting room at my audiologist when I looked around me and realized that every guy in the waiting room was wearing the exact same pants. The only difference was the color.

I went to Costco with my wife maybe a month ago and I decided to do my own little experiment. I looked around and I took note of guys who were dressed like me.

I counted 14 guys wearing cargo pants or cargo shorts and I'd be willing to bet that half of them were wearing Wrangler cargo pants and cargo shorts. I will also say the of the 14 half of them were wearing button-down shirts just like mine.

I'm sure some of them were armed and I'm sure some of the people that weren't dressed like us were armed.

I’ve switched to pocket carry almost exclusively for the last several months; I’m replacing a hip in a couple weeks, and belt carry just wasn’t working. A J-frame or a Sig238 fits right in, is comfortable, and will handle any likely, realistic situation where I am going to need a firearm.

As for dressing…this time of year, mostly shorts; cargo or loose athletic, with a t-shirt or lightweight button up over it. In the winter, jeans or DTC firehouse cargo pants with flannels, fleeces, or hooded sweatshirts.

Don’t wear any “tactical” clothing—the DTC pants are about as close as it comes. Have a few hats advertising HK, Daniel Defense, Sig…might wear ‘em to the range, with friends, but not regularly.

Belly bands suck. Unless you need deep concealment and then I’d still pull it up under your arms and situate the holster under your support side armpit.
In my experience, it completely depends upon the weapon. If one's garb is just so, an LCR in a quality bellyband can work quite well.

In my experience, it completely depends upon the weapon. If one's garb is just so, an LCR in a quality bellyband can work quite well.
Well, if you mean LCP there’s the disconnect. I think LCPs suck to begin with. Much less having to lift your shirt and dig it out of a belly band.

I’ve switched to pocket carry almost exclusively for the last several months; I’m replacing a hip in a couple weeks, and belt carry just wasn’t working. A J-frame or a Sig238 fits right in, is comfortable, and will handle any likely, realistic situation where I am going to need a firearm.

As for dressing…this time of year, mostly shorts; cargo or loose athletic, with a t-shirt or lightweight button up over it. In the winter, jeans or DTC firehouse cargo pants with flannels, fleeces, or hooded sweatshirts.

Don’t wear any “tactical” clothing—the DTC pants are about as close as it comes. Have a few hats advertising HK, Daniel Defense, Sig…might wear ‘em to the range, with friends, but not regularly.
Good luck on the hip Sir. You have been through it before if I remember rightly, you will do well.

Pocket carry is where it's at, at least for me these days too, lol.

Last edited:
Just getting ready to go out and mow the grass before the heat of the day. Wearing lightweight cargos, desert boots, and a pink t-shirt with the model 60 in a hip holster behind the right hip. I look so discreet like a old fart on, or pushing a mower no bad guy would dare guess thier peril.

Last edited:
Just getting ready to go out and mow the grass before the heat of the day. Wearing lightweight cargos, desert boots, and a pink t-shirt with the model 60 in a hip holster behind the right hip. I look so discreet like a old fart on, or pushing a mower no bad guy would dare guess thier peril.
A little horse poo on your boots will complete the look. I have it in abundance if you need some

Well, if you mean LCP there’s the disconnect. I think LCPs suck to begin with. Much less having to lift your shirt and dig it out of a belly band.
Screenshot_20230705_094629_Samsung Internet.jpg

you will never know if i am carrying concealed. imo church is an easy conceal period, suit jackets hide alot of stuff

i take great pride in not fondling my firearm or adjusting as a i walk by, its there, i know it and you should not IMO
and i practice the see me once and forget mantra
i will pass by you and maybe say hello
and just like that i keep going and you forget me, unless your in my orbit or a friend than its BSing for a few
Well so many things go on everywhere and I have been carrying for 70yrs and I have assumed thats part of getting dressed. I have a reply that if by chance someone noticed a bump and ask about I would tell them it's my bladder bag and I am going empty it would you like to help, end of discussion ?

Negative. I intended as posted: LCR. If one puts forth the time and effort to a reasonable amount of training, a bellyband can be quite useful. For me.

I don’t have an Enigma, but the videos I have watched show you can wear it about like an IWB holster. The only thing would be the extra hardware, which may be a little annoying when it is hot. On the other hand, you could wear it with sweatpants or other similar outfits.

Back