testtest

Do we have any "smart" homes out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a Roomba. I swear to god I walked in the kitchen one day and the little sensors you put out to keep the robot vac out of an area, well as I turned the corner I see the Roomba repeatedly bashing into this sensor and jacking it against the wall. I was like WTF? Then the thing does a circle and just rolls away like I didn't just witness it becoming self aware.

Interesting reading about all of the gadgets available to homeowners these days. My youngest brother has exterior cameras, and I know he can remotely operate his exterior (front/back door) locks, and alarm system using his phone.

Me, I'm not so advanced, except for exterior cameras. To turn lights on/off, and other asundry tasks, we have grandchildren. 😊

Interesting reading about all of the gadgets available to homeowners these days. My youngest brother has exterior cameras, and I know he can remotely operate his exterior (front/back door) locks, and alarm system using his phone.

Me, I'm not so advanced, except for exterior cameras. To turn lights on/off, and other asundry tasks, we have grandchildren. 😊
I am certainly feeling couped up (I know I shouldn't say that, right? @Annihilator) and starting to feel like the dog. Car rides are a big deal now. Going out to get the mail is a field trip. I think the only thing I have left to do is put a sensor in the mailbox so when it's opened, it will chime in the house. :rolleyes:

Gadgets are fun

I am certainly feeling couped up (I know I shouldn't say that, right? @Annihilator) and starting to feel like the dog. Car rides are a big deal now. Going out to get the mail is a field trip. I think the only thing I have left to do is put a sensor in the mailbox so when it's opened, it will chime in the house. :rolleyes:

Gadgets are fun
Lol, yep, those excursions outside of the house are outstanding these days :) . Our driveway is about 150' long, and I'm thinking about carrying a bottle of water with me when I check the mail. Not because it's a too long a walk, but I might become adventerous and checkout the grass growing in the ditch, looking around the house exterior, etc., and I might get thirsty while I'm out "exploring". You know, anything to detract from the fun-fest of the "staycation" we're all enduring. :)

Last edited:

Gadgets are fun
1587222679882.jpeg

😬😬😬😬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back