testtest

Do we need this?

Government expansion with creation of new State Department office to combat (and punish) any negative view of Islam?

It is essential to the further division of our nation. Such legislation gives credence to more stringent and biased legislation resulting in futher polarization and fear mongering.

Current 'hate crimes' legislation is opaque enough to be applied to just about any group. Such actions only telegraph the intent to push a certain narrative and perspective.

If there really is a huge rise in violence against muslims in the United States then yes. No one should be targeted because of their religion, just like no one should be lynching black people. If that's happening then it needs to be stopped. We can't call ourselves the land of the free if we allow people to be targeted and we can't call ourselves the home of the brave if we dont have the moral fortitude to stand up to assholes. Its reprehensible to let such things go unanswered. There's no denying that China and Burma have been doing terrible things.

If there really is a huge rise in violence against muslims in the United States then yes. No one should be targeted because of their religion, just like no one should be lynching black people. If that's happening then it needs to be stopped. We can't call ourselves the land of the free if we allow people to be targeted and we can't call ourselves the home of the brave if we dont have the moral fortitude to stand up to assholes. Its reprehensible to let such things go unanswered. There's no denying that China and Burma have been doing terrible things.
The problem is that we keep getting away from "all men are created equal". The law needs to apply equally regardless of any differing/distinquishing characteristics that can be ascribed to a person. There is no need to split hairs.

We dont need it period.

The problem is that we keep getting away from "all men are created equal". The law needs to apply equally regardless of any differing/distinquishing characteristics that can be ascribed to a person. There is no need to split hairs.

We dont need it period.
We do need it if someone is not getting the "all men are created equal" treatment. Being "equal" would mean certain at-risk groups are not being attacked due to their color or religion, just as I am not and presumably you are not. It doesn't diminish people like you and me if we protect people who're being attacked. We already penalize acts against certain people more harshly, such as the elderly, children, and women. Is that splitting hairs? How about civil rights laws that protect people from being exluded from hotels and restaurants because of their skin color? We already have a thing called mens rea, meaning guilty mind, and we already use it to determine the severity of crimes based on intent. The "why" of certain crimes is already an element. Adding "because he hates Muslims" doesn't impune equality; it seeks to protect it. I'm curious what you think is a solution to violence based on race or religion, assuming it's happening. I haven't seen the evidence of disproportionate attacks on muslims in the United States myself but I also have not looked. In any event, if we want all men (and presumably women) to be equal in this country, we have to do what we can to make sure none of us (and muslim citizens are "us") are being subject to discriminatory treatment and violence.

If someone is not recieving equal treatment then there are laws to hold the authrities accountable. Not laws to make existing laws more applicable. That is where it becomes splitting hairs. This is precisely why we are where we are. There was no need for the KW dog & pony show. The problem lays in our ability to disseminate lies and propaganda. I hear where you are coming from. I just feel its a solution to a problem that only exists the minds of those that wish to usurp authority.
Much like those claiming there is racism are usually the most racist.
Which is just a cop out because it is the human race, but whatever. There is always some idiot throwing stones regardless of their glass house.

Remember, these are the same people we were supposedly helping to end their generational squabbles. We are not doing ourselves any favors, we only augment the chaos and potential for problems.

I dont think we would take it easily if they sent in the Foreign Legion to quell Seattle or Kenosha.

Forgive me if I am rambling, just peaking in while working on other projects.

Food for thought, I always enjoy hearing your perspective.

Crimes against Asians is far more prevalent.

In any event name a single government buracracy that isn't just a huge waste of taxpayer money with little to no benefit.

Here's an idea. When someone commits a crime against another person charge them appropriately and incarcerate them appropriately. Expediting capital punishment is a solid plan as well.

I'm generally not in favor of harsher treatment because of special circumstances, just equal justice for all. Regular folks would likely not support criminals with extensive records running freely about to commit more crime, only a nut would. I would submit that those that throw their race card down are really projecting their racial bias onto others. We don't need these folks in office, ever.

We still have a Constitution and a 1st amendment....if we can keep it. It is getting beyond time in our history where we need to start standing up against this nonsenses and stop cowering to these leftist pinkos who only seek to destroy our nation as we know it.

Back