testtest

Do you agree

Gave this a bit of thought and personally I would consider most iconic as a firearm that even non gun people recognize they are that iconic and visible/used in media and by others. Even if they do not know the proper name they recognize the firearm.

Some examples would be I believe,

Luger
Colt "peacemaker"
Sw Snubbie known colloquially as the "38"

There are others.
Well thought out and all good candidates!!!

I just don't understand this ... all these gun people here and not a one has mentioned either the 'Saturday night Special', the 'Assault rifle' or the 'Ghost gun'. Oh yeh, and those god awful 'Full automatic revolvers' . What's the matter here? LOL!

Yah, I can see the Luger as "iconic"--the iconic "bad guy" gun. A Luger seems to be movie shorthand for "This Guy Is Evil." Even in WWII movies (where P.38s should be more common), the possession of a Luger brands a character as "Extra Nazi." :eek:

Only movie good guy I can think of with a Luger is Oddball (Donald Sutherland) in Kelly's Heroes, who seems to be toting a pickup one in a USGI 1911 holster.

1712345457287.png

Last edited:
Nope.
Get 10 people in a room and you'll get multiple answers.
Ask Europeans which is the most iconic American firearm and they would likely say the SAA, 1911 and the AR 15 in that order if they know anything about guns. Ask which German firearm is the most iconic and they would probably say the Luger, P38 and the MG 34.
My 2 cents.

I mean, horrible pick. Especially considering all guns. I mean as others said 1911, but when I think iconic, the first gun that popped into my head was a Gatling gun. Originally developed in 1861, and its design is still prevalent today in mini guns like m134. Yes I know the modern ones are vastly different but still.

Nope.
Get 10 people in a room and you'll get multiple answers.
Ask Europeans which is the most iconic American firearm and they would likely say the SAA, 1911 and the AR 15 in that order if they know anything about guns. Ask which German firearm is the most iconic and they would probably say the Luger, P38 and the MG 34.
My 2 cents.
Very good points!!!

Well, I’m not gonna argue whether it’s iconic or not, but I love my 1941 all serial numbers matching (except mag) P08 “Black Widow”! I also cherish my 1943 P38 (serial numbers don’t all match). I know @KillerFord1977 is probably 🤮🙄, so I included my 1984 Belgium Police trade in “Lightweight” FN Hi Power 😉. (Sorry @Belt Fed, no Hi Points in these photos 😩😏)
IMG_1994.jpeg

Well, I’m not gonna argue whether it’s iconic or not, but I love my 1941 all serial numbers matching (except mag) P08 “Black Widow”! I also cherish my 1943 P38 (serial numbers don’t all match). I know @KillerFord1977 is probably 🤮🙄, so I included my 1984 Belgium Police trade in “Lightweight” FN Hi Power 😉. (Sorry @Belt Fed, no Hi Points in these photos 😩😏)
View attachment 55387
As usually I love your 💩

You know…

You know a Luger when you see one; those round, knurled toggles…the tapered barrel, the rounded grip…it’s pretty much the definition of iconic.

It’s pretty easy to glance at a Star B or Ballister-Molina and think “1911”…

Yeah, the Luger is probably one of the most iconic pistols based on looks alone.

Additionally, the most commonly used centerfire pistol cartridge in the world is aka “9mm Luger”…kinda stacks up in its favor, no?

Love them or hate them—you know a Luger when you see one.

I recon "most Iconic" anything is purely subjective. My first pistol was a 1911 my mom bought me for my 14th birthday, before that I was all shotguns and .22s. But growing up in the period of westerns on TV, the guns I remember most were Colts and Henrys right up until the war movies and shows took off, then it was M-16s with a random Sten or Tommy gun and of course 1911s.

Back