testtest

Do you agree

The only weirdo 1911 I have these days is that huge Star MegaStar double-stack... that thing weight like 5 pounds.
My Llama still functions perfectly. As long as you use the OEM 13 rd. mags. There is some guy I have a link for somewhere who supposedly makes replacements, but I can tell you the Mec Gar 10 rd. mags I got for it years ago don't work well. Jamomatic.

You know…

You know a Luger when you see one; those round, knurled toggles…the tapered barrel, the rounded grip…it’s pretty much the definition of iconic.

It’s pretty easy to glance at a Star B or Ballister-Molina and think “1911”…

Yeah, the Luger is probably one of the most iconic pistols based on looks alone.

Additionally, the most commonly used centerfire pistol cartridge in the world is aka “9mm Luger”…kinda stacks up in its favor, no?

Love them or hate them—you know a Luger when you see one.
Provided you see more than just the skinny, naked barrel. If that's all you see, it COULD be a P.38...or a Nambu 14...or even a Lahti L-35. And let's not forget the Ruger Standard .22 automatic. Were these guns inspired/influenced by the Luger? I'd wager that they were. ;)

And for us 1911 fans, my 1918 “Black Army” 🤤😉View attachment 55389
There's no argument these things are actually 'pretty'. That's a term I don't relate to guns often, but this is one of those times. Much like the proverbial 'girl next door'. Plain not fancy, sturdy not frail, faithful not fickle, and a real handful' at times. Unfortunately some of us simply cannot use them with any amount of efficiency. I have very small hands for a man and have a hard time gripping them. And by virtue of my small hands I'm not real comfortable with the grip angle. I love the gun, I love the history of the gun, and would probably own several if only I could use the gun!!!

You know…

You know a Luger when you see one; those round, knurled toggles…the tapered barrel, the rounded grip…it’s pretty much the definition of iconic.

It’s pretty easy to glance at a Star B or Ballister-Molina and think “1911”…

Yeah, the Luger is probably one of the most iconic pistols based on looks alone.

Additionally, the most commonly used centerfire pistol cartridge in the world is aka “9mm Luger”…kinda stacks up in its favor, no?

Love them or hate them—you know a Luger when you see one.
My emphasis above: I think that last line kind of says it all!!!

These are the ones I have kept. At the top is a 1906 Navy and the last one is byf 42. These examples cover the time span of Luger production and there is one from each decade. Except for the Navy the others are kind of run of the mill. While they may be ugly they are fine examples of design and craftsmanship.
1712414243474.jpeg

I’ll have to agree with the author that the Luger might be the most recognizable handgun. Or at least it was. Everybody knew a Luger when they saw it, and they knew it represented “sinister”.
Maybe not so much anymore.

Across the years, Colt SAA probably has it beat. Everybody has known that was the “Cowboy gun” for 150 years.

Back