testtest

Do You Avoid Places Where You Are Not Permitted To Carry A Firearm?

Do You Avoid Places Where You Are Not Permitted To Carry A Gun

• 1. Yes

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • 2. No

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • 3. Whether I can carry isn't a deciding factor

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
As long as there’s no magnetometer involved or to pass through, it’s nobody’s business.

Business establishments by some local ordinance are required to post these silly 🚫 signs and are not just the shopkeepers virtue signal.

Hospitals or doctor visit probably not, but depends what I’m there for and extent of disrobe. I can tuck a P365 inside a Wellington boot, but I don’t even carry phone or wallet if I have to leave my clothes alone the exam room for any X-ray or other test.

I did get offered 10 camels for my wife!
Ok...time for the "old lady camel" joke....
Two old ladies are smoking cigarettes in the rain because they can't smoke in the bingo parlor anymore.

First old lady asks the other "How do you keep your cigarette from getting wet?".
Second lady says "I just cover up the filter with a condom."

So the first old lady goes to the local drugstore and looks for where the condoms are.
A young lady who works at the drugstore asks, "Can I help you ma'am?".
The old lady says, "Yes young lady I'm looking for a condom."
The young lady smiles and says "What size condom do you need?".
The old lady says, "I need a condom that will fit a camel(cigarette)."
The young lady faints...:)

My answer is No. At my age I do not remember a relative that didn't own a Rifle or Shotgun yet remember no-one carrying a pistol. In my work and social environments it was probably in the last 15-20 years that people started talking carrying, after it was being discussed by State Politico's. In the last 10 years carrying has become more popular in my state and exploded in the last 5. I'm surprised at how many of the businesses in my area that were no carry then switched to Licensed (but restricted open) after Cont Carry was passed.

The last question he asked was a little odd.

Would you refrain from taking an international vacation or a cruise primarily based on the fact that you wouldn't be able to carry a firearm?
Yes. Years ago Americans were allowed to possess and carry handguns and long guns that were not of a military caliber in Mexico legally. We used to travel to and vacation in Mexico several times a year. Mexico changed their laws and we no longer travel to Mexico. I used to have a concealed carry permit in Argentina and traveled there at least once a year. They changed their laws and I no longer visit Argentina.

Last edited:
I avoid doing business with any company that either prohibits or attempts to prohibit the lawful carry of firearms, regardless of the legality of their posted signs or stickers. I am fortunate to have the benefit of LEOSA protection, but that does not mean that I am unconcerned about Constitutional rights. As a police officer, I was never bothered by any lawful carrier exercising their rights. Despite what certain professional organizations of police chiefs may claim, the overwhelming number of officers I worked with had no issue with the lawful carry of firearms. I am not saying that I never go anywhere where firearms are prohibited, but I will only do so when other options are not readily available.

I agree.

If you conceal your handgun properly and don't discuss firearms with people you don't trust, then no one should know if you're armed or not.

I don't have any stickers on my truck about firearms and don't have any firearm brand t-shirts. I do have a Glock beanie cap that I only wear around the house, but that's about it. I've had that cap for many years and it's black and it's hard to read the Glock letters unless you're real close(or have a similar cap...:))

Many years ago I was out on a date and the restaurant we went to had a "No concealed weapons" sign at the door(this was in the Dallas area). I didn't really want to go to that restaurant and I didn't really like the date I was with. So I told my date I wasn't going to eat there. She started making a little bit of a fuss. I was polite but stood my ground about not going into that restaurant. I drove her home and never went out with her again. I've made some dumb decisions in my life, but that one was a smart one...:)
Ditto

Yes. Years ago Americans were allowed to possess and carry handguns and long guns that were not of a military caliber in Mexico legally. We used to travel to and vacation in Mexico several times a year. Mexico changed their laws and we no longer travel to Mexico. I used to have a concealed carry permit in Argentina and traveled there at least once a year. They changed their laws and I no longer visit Argentina.
When I worked in Texas one guy I worked with had gone hunting and dropped a rifle round in the cab, it rolled under the seat. The next weekend he drove 3 other guys into Mexico for dinner. The truck was searched and they found the round, all four guys were arrested for bringing ammunition into Mexico.

When I worked in Texas one guy I worked with had gone hunting and dropped a rifle round in the cab, it rolled under the seat. The next weekend he drove 3 other guys into Mexico for dinner. The truck was searched and they found the round, all four guys were arrested for bringing ammunition into Mexico.
Customer of mine had a loose round of 45auto under his rear seat in his truck when he was going to Canada last year. He is a partner-owner of a resort in Ontario. CA border patrol found it on a routine inspection and gave him a 2-hour delay hassle. No one arrested, but I suggest any of us clear your vehicle before crossing either border north or south.

Customer of mine had a loose round of 45auto under his rear seat in his truck when he was going to Canada last year. He is a partner-owner of a resort in Ontario. CA border patrol found it on a routine inspection and gave him a 2-hour delay hassle. No one arrested, but I suggest any of us clear your vehicle before crossing either border north or south.
My cousin spent a good deal of his life in prison. Shortly after being released from prison his dad died. He has two sisters, both of them selfish ****s. One is a probation/parole officer. So my cousin Gary got his dad's house. Now his dad had a very, VERY cool gun collection. I mean sequentially serial numbered lever action Remingtons, just tons of cool stuff. Probably 70-80 guns. So before he moved in he arranged for a friend of his to sell all these guns through a dealer. A couple days after he moved in his sister sent the cops to his house. Upon searching the house they found a single 22-250 round in a sock drawer or something. He went back to prison for parole violation and his sisters ended up with the house.

When I was a young adult and I wanted to go Mexico. I used to drive to Progreso(Texas). Pay for parking on the US side and walk into Progreso. I would double check to make sure all I had was my drivers license and a little bit of money. I wouldn't carry a knife or anything like that.

I would go around 8 am and be back across the border by 2 or 3 pm. I never had a problem following this very basic procedure.

(When I was a Marine stationed in San Diego(MCRD - Marine Corps Recruit Depot 1978-1979) I would sometimes go with some fellow Marines to Tijuana, Mexico. We would take a bus outside the base and switch buses a couple of times and get dropped off right by the border. I never got into trouble in TJ but I was always with 3 or more fellow Marines and we only went during the day. Usually Saturdays. And we only stayed during the daylight hours. Spanish is my first language by the way.)

I have no desire to EVER go back to Mexico. I moved back to the Rio Grande Valley almost 2 years ago. There are plenty of Mexican flea markets on the US side where you can get most of the stuff we used to drive into Mexico to get. A few weeks ago I was a Mexican flea market in Alamo, Texas. It had a very similar vibe to the stores I use to visit in Progreso, Mexico. I plan to visit that flea market often because they got some good stuff(spices, honey, good leather goods (jackets, belts) etc...:)) All the businesses I talked to spoke English but preferred speaking in Spanish.

I have relatives that still go into Mexico, mostly for medications because the prices in Mexico are about 1/2 what it is in the US for the exact medication. I've seen the labels the only difference is the ones in Mexico have the labels in Spanish but it's the same manufacturer and dosage.

Back