testtest

Do you carry while camping?

I always have my EDC (XDE-45 & 3 mags) with me, unless I have to go on the submarine base near where I live, there's been a rumor that the Navy is going to put weapons lockers near the entry gates so that you can lock your weapon up before driving through the gate and then pick it up on your way off base. When I go camping I always have at a minimum my edc and my 12 ga, in todays world one can't be too careful anymore, it's sad that we even have to think about carrying a weapon when we're out having fun, sometimes I also bring my HK with six 10 rnd mags. If I have to evacuate because of an approaching hurricane all of my weapons and ammo are with me when I leave the house.
I find the idea of a lockable weapons locker prior to entering the base interesting. I'm ret'd military (Go Navy! :) ), and usually make a once-a-month, 45 mile trip, to an Army base to shop, so I leave the pistol at home. Having a secure locking facility would be convenient.

Last edited:
As many have stated here, I can't see why you wouldn't carry while camping. Especially if you carry every day to begin with, why would you stop now?
Maybe a National Park where not allowed........But then you have the meme......when your friend tells you this is a gun free zone.......and you give him a wink, yes it is.

I think it all depends on where you live and what the threats are. If you're camping on the east coast, your biggest threat is probably a two-legged predator. In that case I'd be perfectly comfortable with a gun I'd use as an EDC — that means a .45 or a 9mm. Now, when you get out more into the west or some place like Alaska, then you might need something with more oomph like a 10mm or a .44 Mag or something.

When I'm out in the woods (usually the Rockies of Canada, but now in Kentucky) I always have either a 12 gauge, a 7mm mag or a 45-70 so I don't usually carry anything else.

And why would you not? There are sooooo many variables to being in the wilderness and carrying a firearm to protect yourself from 2 or 4 legged wild animals is an absolute must! The bad guy won’t care if you’re camping or not.

Don't camp so much, but am looking for a chest rig possibly that would be suitable (water resistant), and fit somewhat comfortably under my PFD. Two of the places where I launch my fishing kayak are public, yet secluded, and could be a prime location for some underhanded dweeb to become an idiot.

A majority of the time I'm the only one at the launch sites, because I go during the early mornings of the weekday when most folks are at work. Pistol would be my XDS, and holster of choice I'm thinking a sturdy nylon (for comfort) under the PFD, with retention, or thumb break strap. 🤔

Maybe a National Park where not allowed........But then you have the meme......when your friend tells you this is a gun free zone.......and you give him a wink, yes it is.

Actually, firearms are permitted in national parks, pursuant to the state laws of the state the park is in. However, they cannot be carried inside federal buildings within the state park, such as ranger stations and visitor centers.

Around here I am more likely to be visiting a state park than a national park, so its a non-issue for me.

When we went to Yellow Stone in 1987 , we were staying in tents so I took my .357 mag loaded with 180 grain FMJ for night time use. No way was I going to sleep in a tent in that area without something for protection. It was unloaded and stored in the trunk any other time but at night it was at hand.

1580329888130.jpeg

Now that’s a camping gun......

Back