testtest

Do you have a favorite handgun that you like better than the one you carry?

I don't necessarily have a "favorite" handgun, but there are several guns that I like to shoot more than my EDC. The Sig Sauer P365 with a 12-round magazine has been my EDC since it was released. I carry it because I shoot it well, it has been 100% reliable, it conceals well, and it fits my hand nearly perfectly. The 365 is a great gun, but it wouldn't be my first choice at the range.

My favorite .45 ACP is the 4" XD Mod.2. It is the most accurate .45 that I have ever fired. I would love to be able to carry it as my EDC, but it's just too large to conceal under almost anything besides a heavy jacket.

My favorite plinker/target gun is my Rock Island XT22M in .22 WMR. It's a strange mix between a Beretta 92 and a 1911 with a 14-round magazine. Even in the current ammo crunch, I can usually still run it for cheaper than any of my 9mm guns. I wouldn't feel under-armed if I were to carry it, but it is also too large to conceal easily.

My backup/pocket gun when my wardrobe won't allow anything else, I carry the new LCP Max. With the tritium front night sight and 10-round flush fit magazine, the LCP Max is definitely the best pocket gun on the market. Despite being an awesome little gun, I don't think any pocket .380 will ever be my "favorite" gun to shoot.

I didn't think I would, but I loved the G18 that I got to shoot, once. :)

OK, so that's a bit unrealistic. :p

I do lust after a good 2011, and the fact that I seem to shoot them relatively well doesn't help. The Staccato lineup really does tempt me.

I've honestly EDC'ed and earnestly trained with my XDm9 3.8 Compact for the last 10+ years ( https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/xdm-3-8-compact.105/ ). I'm pretty happy with the gun, and even when I had a "mid-life crisis" a few years back and almost up and bought four Glocks (I actually had cash-on-hand for two 19s to chop down to 26 frame and two 17s, plus a boat-load of mags - I buy a copy for serious use, and another of the same to train/practice with), a bit of self-guided research (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?179626-Springfield-xdm-9mm-mags - you can see my replies there, I use the same screen-name) and a little reality-check from my buddy (who is actually a Glock guy, out of all things) turned me around and had me sticking to this platform.

Maybe when the little one goes off to school, I'll treat myself to a few 2011s......

You might not eat chicken, but you do have pork chops and applesauce?
1628910368252.gif

My carry is the Charter Arms Bulldog .44special, my favorite is a tie between my Sig 1911 and my S&W 610
I carried the Bulldog Pug for about ten years. I think it was you who suggested I try some lighter projectiles as all I had ever fired were the 210s...and I couldn't hit the broad side of a red painted barn at 15 yards.
That is a project I will pursue eventually.
(playing with new powders for the 45 & 44 Magnum now.)

I have a number of guns that have sentimental value but not what I would call favorites. I carry my favorite. It is a Sig P220 Legion SAO in .45. If I get a new favorite, I will carry it. Life is too short to settle for second best. P.S. I am lusting after a SA 1911 Professional.

Should I ever actually acquire the Colt Anaconda I have on order, I am wondering if I can hire a teenager to carry it for me through my daily life. Oh yes, I'll still carry my XD-s but it's the same idea as being on safari and having a gun bearer carry the Big Gun.
Sadly, I do not think I could afford to feed the bearer or keep him in shoes.
I have been investigating shoulder harnesses, but I would list to port and wear out my own shoes too fast to be economically feasible.

Should I ever actually acquire the Colt Anaconda I have on order, I am wondering if I can hire a teenager to carry it for me through my daily life. Oh yes, I'll still carry my XD-s but it's the same idea as being on safari and having a gun bearer carry the Big Gun.
Sadly, I do not think I could afford to feed the bearer or keep him in shoes.
I have been investigating shoulder harnesses, but I would list to port and wear out my own shoes too fast to be economically feasible.
Wear two, one on each side to balance the load. There, problem solved.😉

I got my favorite a few weeks ago.

Used to carry SW Airlite PD's...now it is a Hellcat 9mm. Still got lots of revolvers in case the politicians outlaw semi-auto. But I don't think much of them in our new world order we got in the USA.

rioters on freeway July 2020 SS.jpg

Summer of Love 2020​

The S&W is on top of the 9mm Hellcat. Virtually same footprint and triple the capacity.

DSC08489 llr.jpg
DSC08490 2 cut lr.jpg

Eventually I'll move up to the 15 round Hellcat mags.

For the house, same thing. Revolvers are retired, now it is Glocks and FN's. But for carry it is Hellcat/s.

DSC07076 385kb BW.jpg

If I carried traditional in a holster I guess it would be a Glock 19. But I like comfort and throw it in a nylon vest pocket with no holster. The SW worked fine for carrying two of them that way. I was hesitant about the Hellcat, but it works fine as well. No lint issues as vest is nylon. Very comfortable. If things go to hell more maybe a belly band and my G19 and the Hellcat in the vest pocket. I could carry more mags, but I don't want to bothered swapping mags. I'm not a weekend warrior. I don't practice tactile reloads and all that BS. I shoot good enuf to hit in the vicinity. I don't need to be good enuf to hit a pinpoint centimeter.

For ammo I've switched to ball. I'd prefer poly coated, but can't get it any more. Poly has tremendous penetration. I read some criminal was shot 12 times before stopped. they said the bullet stopped 1.5 short of the heart. Doesn't sound right to me, but they were using the glorified hollow point type of ammo. Anyway, if I shoot someone in the heart I want the bullet to go through the heart and out their back. If on the side I want it to go though both lungs. In the ear..it should go in one ear and out the other.

That was always a worry with the SW...low power and low capacity. I only used .38 SP in it due to worries of it blowing up. The scandium S&W's have a history of some blow ups. But I never used it for target work. It is a belly gun. Some people say what about the bullets going through them and hitting bystanders. If you are worried, shoot downward into them. I think if the USA goes to hell that bad, that is the least of our problems.

Darby's Rangers is said to have a formula for putting people down. One in the stomach, one in the chest and one in the mouth. With all this body armor, my first shot is below the belt, then up from there. But hopefully none of this will come to pass.

But#2...America keeps sliding down the shidder at a breakneck speed, so not putting much hope in But #1. The military was supposed to save us from the mess we are in. the current occupents of D.C. seem to won them as well.

Last edited:
Back