testtest

Do You Have the "Right" Springfield 1911?

This article makes me regret that I only own one Springfield 1911 (Lightweight Champion Operator) among my 3 1911s.

As the great Jeff Cooper said, "you can never have too many .45s," and this post illustrates why. Think my wallet's going to get considerably lighter soon...

BZ Springfield Armory!!!

Hi,

hi. when you say "types" are talking other SA or other brands?

Yes! ;)

I like SA gear in general. High on my list also is a 1911 in 9mm. The Tisas Raider has been highly recommended. I tend to favor "bang for your buck" purchases. But I've been known to treat myself on occasion. It just depends on how much mad money I can save up and the deal that comes along at the right time. :)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Yup...I have the right one times two with a Champion Operator & a Trophy Match.

SA1911 12.jpg

SA Trophy 01 c.jpg

Hi,

Yes! ;)

I like SA gear in general. High on my list also is a 1911 in 9mm. The Tisas Raider has been highly recommended. I tend to favor "bang for your buck" purchases. But I've been known to treat myself on occasion. It just depends on how much mad money I can save up and the deal that comes along at the right time. :)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
yup, i understand that, i have been on disability for years now and have a wife and son to support. the boy is disabled also so she cant work because she has to take care of both of us. i buy on a budget, try to get most of ours as cheap as i can. i use gunbroker a lot, seem to find stuff going off in the middle of the night so they dont get that last minute bid war going on. i have some that are kinda pricey most times but got them waaaay cheaper like that. things like my SA loaded cost me about $525, i have 2 SA V-10's i paid about $500 each for them, one even came with a complete second standard top end the guy had bought for some reason. paid $410 for my xdm 10mm new when most were going for $550 - $600, went off at 3 am east coast time. so yeah, i know about the whole " lookin for deals " thing.

I bought my first Springfield in '86 or '87 for IPSC shooting, I shot it loose and traded it for another in 2003 long after I got out of the pistol shooting competition and now just use it for fun matches. I really don't know how many 1911's I own! I have a 10mm, a few officer models and a Colt 70 series and a Colt 70 series Gold Cup, a couple Springfield's and I know I'm missing a few but....

Back