testtest

Do You Have the "Right" Springfield 1911?

I bought the Springfield Range Officer Elite Compact about 7 years ago. Unbelievably awesome weapon. Well built, easy trigger, its my bedside table gun. Have debated qualifying with it so I can carry it in my work.

Everyone needs a good useful 1911. As for multiple shot ability....Never had a problem the recoil is easily manageable. Just wish they made one with a larger capacity...LOL

I am presently hunting a SAR K 45 C for that reason

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Do You Have the "Right" Springfield 1911?” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/do-you-have-the-right-springfield-1911/.

Yea I think so. I have a solid reliable 1911-A1 from back in 2009 or so, which is 100 reliable work horse. A new Garrison which has had the front strap checkered and the fire control parts replaced along with the slide stop. It runs great and is wonderfully accurate and a 2015 loaded target in .45 ACP so yea between those three I’d say a have right one in there somewhere 😀

I went around the SHOT show some years ago looking at the higher end 1911's. For me it was a toss-up between the Baer SRP and the Professional. Found a Pro used at a reasonable price and grabbed it. 100% reliable and very accurate if I do my part. I have a custom Champion lightweight that is slowly getting parts that match the Pro and a Champion that was customized by Clark gunsmithing in their "Meltdown" treatment. My other full size 1911 is a Colt Gunsite Pistol. My second retirement gift to me was a Colt CCO done by Chuck Rogers.

I have one a plain mil spec love this gun right out the box thsnks for the good article mike
IMG_0108.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought the Springfield Range Officer Elite Compact about 7 years ago. Unbelievably awesome weapon. Well built, easy trigger, its my bedside table gun. Have debated qualifying with it so I can carry it in my work.

Everyone needs a good useful 1911. As for multiple shot ability....Never had a problem the recoil is easily manageable. Just wish they made one with a larger capacity...LOL

I am presently hunting a SAR K 45 C for that reason
ever try a para ordnance p-14 ? or p-12 in compact version. i actually have 2 VERY rare SA 1911's built in the same manner as those, 14 round full size and 12 round compact, take a close look at my profile pic. wider frame but thinner grips so they arent that much thicker than standard 1911.

Hi,

Nice overview of the SA 1911s. I like my Garrison but would like a few more 1911 types. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
hi. when you say "types" are talking other SA or other brands? i have colts, SA's, para ordnance and auto ordnance in all sizes from full size down to my micro mini para p-10's. i have single stackers and double stackers. i also have 10 round mags for the full size single stacks that fit nicely even concealed. look at my profile pic, 14 round SA and a 12 round SA.

Back