testtest

Do You Have the "Right" Springfield 1911?

I bought the Springfield Range Officer Elite Compact about 7 years ago. Unbelievably awesome weapon. Well built, easy trigger, its my bedside table gun. Have debated qualifying with it so I can carry it in my work.

Everyone needs a good useful 1911. As for multiple shot ability....Never had a problem the recoil is easily manageable. Just wish they made one with a larger capacity...LOL

I am presently hunting a SAR K 45 C for that reason

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Do You Have the "Right" Springfield 1911?” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/do-you-have-the-right-springfield-1911/.

Yea I think so. I have a solid reliable 1911-A1 from back in 2009 or so, which is 100 reliable work horse. A new Garrison which has had the front strap checkered and the fire control parts replaced along with the slide stop. It runs great and is wonderfully accurate and a 2015 loaded target in .45 ACP so yea between those three I’d say a have right one in there somewhere 😀

I went around the SHOT show some years ago looking at the higher end 1911's. For me it was a toss-up between the Baer SRP and the Professional. Found a Pro used at a reasonable price and grabbed it. 100% reliable and very accurate if I do my part. I have a custom Champion lightweight that is slowly getting parts that match the Pro and a Champion that was customized by Clark gunsmithing in their "Meltdown" treatment. My other full size 1911 is a Colt Gunsite Pistol. My second retirement gift to me was a Colt CCO done by Chuck Rogers.

I have one a plain mil spec love this gun right out the box thsnks for the good article mike
IMG_0108.jpeg

Last edited:
Have three 1911's, S&W 1911PD, DW Vigil & SA Ronin all in 45ACP. Right now my fav is the DW. Just acquired the 5" Ronin haven't shot it yet. My arthritic hands don't allow me to shoot these as much as I would like to. Think I'm gonna have to start wearing gloves.

I bought the Springfield Range Officer Elite Compact about 7 years ago. Unbelievably awesome weapon. Well built, easy trigger, its my bedside table gun. Have debated qualifying with it so I can carry it in my work.

Everyone needs a good useful 1911. As for multiple shot ability....Never had a problem the recoil is easily manageable. Just wish they made one with a larger capacity...LOL

I am presently hunting a SAR K 45 C for that reason
ever try a para ordnance p-14 ? or p-12 in compact version. i actually have 2 VERY rare SA 1911's built in the same manner as those, 14 round full size and 12 round compact, take a close look at my profile pic. wider frame but thinner grips so they arent that much thicker than standard 1911.

Hi,

Nice overview of the SA 1911s. I like my Garrison but would like a few more 1911 types. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
hi. when you say "types" are talking other SA or other brands? i have colts, SA's, para ordnance and auto ordnance in all sizes from full size down to my micro mini para p-10's. i have single stackers and double stackers. i also have 10 round mags for the full size single stacks that fit nicely even concealed. look at my profile pic, 14 round SA and a 12 round SA.

Back