testtest

Do you remember your first gaming pc you bought or built?

Gateway was acquired by Acer a while back. I'm sure the Gateway brand now is just another relabeled Acer.
Yea, not the same Gateway like years past, Alienware, my opinion, nothing but junk, cheap parts, one I had was total pile of crap, most of there desktops are integrated, even though I ordered a separate video card, still came with the built in and the one I upgraded to, total conflicts all the time, integrated sound card when I ordered a stand alone card , customer service was practically nonexistent, just my experience with them, yea Dell acquired them, and Dell cheapened up a great product
What a shame, back in the day Dell and Gateway were go to products. My last Dell laptop lasted 7 years, back in March the hard drive started making noise, (luckily I always back up my data on thumb drives)
I purchased a HP laptop with a solid state drive, moved everything over, very fast.

What a shame, back in the day Dell and Gateway were go to products. My last Dell laptop lasted 7 years, back in March the hard drive started making noise, (luckily I always back up my data on thumb drives)
I purchased a HP laptop with a solid state drive, moved everything over, very fast.
I got tired of all the crap you have to do for windows based machines, went to Mac two years ago, best decision I made

My first PC was the slightly more powerful than basic middle of the pack PC.
The Brand was "Stealth" which went out of business a year later.
A 286 Processor without a math co-processer, 1 mb of RAM, video on the motherboard, no sound card, just a pizeo-electric speaker that made beeps and buzzes. It only had a 1.44MB floppy drive.

When the world wide Internet is down due to dwindling power supply, gotta have a backup….
65E923D9-6940-43E3-BF47-8B0DAFC14603.jpeg

When the world wide Internet is down due to dwindling power supply, gotta have a backup….
View attachment 31578
I bought the "autoracing" version of this in 6th grade becasue the football one was sold out. Finally got them all. Then it was on to Atari 2600, and Intelliveision. Had a few Gateways in the day. Kids have all the latest and greatest for gaming now. I'm not into it anymore. I built a few pc's long ago and at one point probably had 50 of them sprinkled up and down the east coast. Now I just build my own. Latest one I built was during the "covid era" Chip shortage and pricing did not make for a good time with this last one.

I remember my first gaming pc, when AMD first came out with their Athlon processor, I got one immediately, got one in a bundle, case, MB, 650mhz processor, power supply and fan. Installed a Voodoo16 video card, 4 mb of ram, Soundblaster 16 sound card, 750mb HD, 4x CD burner and 8x CDRom, 28.8 modem, Win98, 15” monitor, stereo speakers with sub-woofer. MS mouse and keyboard. Ran my games great, played Quake II, and the original Unreal Tournament, many great hours of pc fun.
Commdore 64 an the Commodore mag articles with game code you could enter and save on cassette tape. Am I showing my age yet?

Only played in arcades back-in-the-day. Got real good with one game and one day made it into the Top Ten scores in the country. There were these other kids gathered around watching, but once it was over I just walked away and never played any arcade game again.

About 10 yrs ago I got a helicopter gunship flying game (Comanche). Used two HOTAS controllers to fly like a regular ship. Got real good with it except for the last level that was pretty much impossible to win with waves of drones to kill in order to win. Could never get to a FARP fast enough to reload to win. Still have it & the controllers but haven't used in in yrs.

Funny how it is when you get real good since everything seems to become automatic & the action sort of slows down.

Last edited:
Back