testtest

Does Ayoob Hate the XD?

Agreed. I've read his stuff since I was a kid, and if he says something is good, I know it is. The kicker is, I already knew the XD was a solid gun. All you have to do is tear down a Gen1 XD "service" pistol and look at the machining on the inside of the slide. These guns are beautifully made, rock solid and very safe designs. I suspect you could drive a truck over one and it wouldnt even blink...

I carry a XDS 3.3 9mm daily 24/7. I have read on a couple of Gun sites recently about the “unreliability” and break downs of XDs in competitive and “expert” trainer’s combat training classes. I wish I could remember their names, maybe Caleb Giddings ( sorry if I’m wrong ). Anyway, I would like to thank Mr. Ayoob for settling the case for me. I have never had even a hiccup while running my XDS 9mm through about 1500rds so far. I love my XDS grip, safety features, accuracy, sights, purchase ease, and its overall “feeling”. Thanks for the article.

I'd love to have one of those competition guns! I bet that thing in 9mm doesnt have any muzzle rise, even in rapid-fire!

I and my family have 10 XD's of some type. My concealed carry is a .45 XDS. The newest one is a 5.25 Xdm in 10mm.
I only had 1 failure in many thousands of rounds, and that was my fault.

In one article he talks about center mass in which he says it's the abdominal which is an incorrect term usage. That is more like middle mass if you using a horizontal line, but I think it's more of middle mass on a vertical line. I believe he said it was what he was taught. Mass is the upper torso, so center mass would be on both vertical and a horizontal intersecting lines.

I was fortunate enough to shoot with Mas during that IDPA Nationals Match in Tulsa, we were squadded together for two days. Two things to know about Mas, he is a genuinely nice man to get to know and he is really good with just about any firearm in his hands. I shoot the XDm 5.25 in .45, he was shooting the 9mm.

I'm really pleased to see this article. I've had my XD45 since 2004, abandoned my Glock for it, had never heard anything good about it, and was forever puzzled. I have put I-don't-know-how-many tens of thousands of rounds thru it, and abused it in every kind of way you can reasonably think of, mine even passed the 'thumper' test, and it has yet to ever fail, misfeed or even hiccup. I only run the heavy hot loads and it loves them.
Thanks for this article, 'bout time.

Back