testtest

Does target color matter?

The only time target color affects me is when I'm trying to hit a black bullseye with blacked-out sights. I purposely avoid guns with plain black front sights. On the few guns I own with black front sights, I paint the front sight orange to offer some contrast. I like blacked-out rear sights, but I prefer my front sights to be night sights or fiber-optic.

…that actually raises a good point, there.
Finding a brand of target “you can always see good” isn’t particularly good or realistic training for SD, imho. Especially if you do happen to have an eyesight issue.

Kinda like your favorite lane at the outdoor range. Or just your fav range, period. Like it cause it’s nice & isolated, or spread out, where nobody bothers you, huh? Well, if you’re ever in a SD situation I think I can guarantee you there’ll be somebody else nearby!
I’ve told myself a few times: Gotta mix things up a bit to stay sharp 😉
Well, i have a bunch of targets that i shoot like crap. I’m good to go. Hahahahaha!!!!

793C99FF-C548-4888-BB5A-96DD456C5185.jpeg

Update to my “target color” question. Each target was at 7 yards, 10 rounds per target using 115 grain Norma cheap stuff, shot with an M&P9 M2 (iron sights).
I don’t think target color matter for me. However, i did not shoot left like i normally do. Maybe practice is paying off? Hahaha.

This is a turn of events from a guy who said he would never post a picture of his targets. This is me today, 10 shots at 10 yds. I don’t see much difference between your targets and mine. Once you get that feel of the bull it doesn’t tend to go away. To paraphrase the great Yogi Berra - “Shooting is 50% physical, the other 95% is mental.”'

4C0DA95D-EEDC-41C5-9401-65D3B6A37BD2.jpeg

This is a turn of events from a guy who said he would never post a picture of his targets. This is me today, 10 shots at 10 yds. I don’t see much difference between your targets and mine. Once you get that feel of the bull it doesn’t tend to go away. To paraphrase the great Yogi Berra - “Shooting is 50% physical, the other 95% is mental.”'

View attachment 29840
I was just presenting my “results”. Hahahaha.

View attachment 29840
You do realize that equals 145% 😵‍💫🫣😂

To me I still like and my favorite sights are a set of adjustable plain black target with plain black partridge from an a S&W 625 as well as some of that set up adjustable Bomar types on PPC revolvers back in the day!

Back