testtest

Domestic terrorist?

and do not forget the accents of the various parts of this country..

with my New England accent, i can get along with NJ, NY, Philly, and Florida people, as many move down there..>!!!!!

heck, i can even speak Cuban......with the perfect accent, and they will understand me

here...i'll demonstrate.....

"Ricky Ricardo"......and......."babaloo".......

see...??

you understood me...>!!!!!!!!
LUCY! You got some splain'n to do!

it's really quite funny how something in one country means something totally different in another.

same holds true for some words or meanings here in the states.

what is annoying, is how someone has to back track, and explain what they meant, as right away, someone is always butt hurt
Quite right, when I was stationed in Korea back in the mid 80's they had program where you could stay with a Korean family for a week and experience Korean culture. They had a 20ish year old son that was really intrigued with me and everything American and we became friends. Every few weeks we would get together and they had some customs that mean something very different to us. One was go into nightclub/danceclub to have a beer and checkout the ladies and he asked me to dance a couple of times I turned him down and explained to him that we don't do that. To them it is just 2 friends dancing and is just the opposite of the US. There, the floor was filled with men dancing with each other (no, I was not in a gay club) but no women on the dance floor without a male dance partner. Also when shopping and walking around Seoul he wanted to hold hands. Another cultural difference that simply means that you are good friends. Was not unusual seeing 2 men holding hands.

Quite right, when I was stationed in Korea back in the mid 80's they had program where you could stay with a Korean family for a week and experience Korean culture. They had a 20ish year old son that was really intrigued with me and everything American and we became friends. Every few weeks we would get together and they had some customs that mean something very different to us. One was go into nightclub/danceclub to have a beer and checkout the ladies and he asked me to dance a couple of times I turned him down and explained to him that we don't do that. To them it is just 2 friends dancing and is just the opposite of the US. There, the floor was filled with men dancing with each other (no, I was not in a gay club) but no women on the dance floor without a male dance partner. Also when shopping and walking around Seoul he wanted to hold hands. Another cultural difference that simply means that you are good friends. Was not unusual seeing 2 men holding hands.
For those who have traveled, have seen many different things that are normal in their culture but are taboo in ones own culture.
When I have traveled, I have try to keep a open mind of such differences and not judge. While it may not be for me, I do not judge them.
In my case, I also made it a point to learn some of the local language and all have see this as sign of respect and sure breaks the ice between the locals and a foreigner.
I have had many of them tell me how many things freak them out about Yanquis and the things they do.
\
Maybe just maybe, all cultures are different. No culture is above or below another, just different.

Back